Games in hand (1 Viewer)

Astute

Good day today.

One thing it proves is that games in hand does not mean points on the board. We started the day 9 points off 1st place and 3 points off 3rd. We are now 9 points off 1st and 3 points off 3rd :p

How many are still thinking 2 points per game for every team above us although most of them are not getting anywhere near that recently when we are?

CovMatt1987

Id say 30 points would surely mean play offs? the picture is changing all the time - we have these three winnable games coming up, win them all and we will quite possibly be in the top six, with the other teams having caught up a couple of games.

1 game at a time though

Astute

If we win our next 3 games I would just not show my arse in Broadgate but show everything I have if we was not in the top 6. We are just 3 points off 3rd. All the teams above us can't win every game. They couldn't even do it today :pimp:

stupot07

If we win our next 3 games I would just not show my arse in Broadgate but show everything I have if we was not in the top 6. We are just 3 points off 3rd. All the teams above us can't win every game. They couldn't even do it today :pimp:

We haven't won more than 2 in a row in the league this season.

Happy_Martian

Good day today.

We started the day 9 points off 1st place and 3 points off 3rd. We are now 9 points off 1st and 3 points off 3rd :p

Astute, I like your betting style. But your maths is off. We're 8th with 47 points, Bournemouth are 3rd with 52. That's 5 points to equal 3rd, 6 points to jump clear into 3rd.

professor.gif

stupot07

Oh here he goes

Stupot is perfect example of someone who thought games in hand meant points in hand

Will he admit he is wrong? Never

If you can find a post were is said this, then I'm happy to hold my hand up.

....and technically today's weren't games in hand, just regular fixtures as we were supposed to play today not yesterday.

Oh....and have we won more than 2 league games in a row this season? I was merely stating fact not predicting what will happen in the future.

I know you love me really x

Astute

Astute, I like your betting style. But your maths is off. We're 8th with 47 points, Bournemouth are 3rd with 52. That's 5 points to equal 3rd, 6 points to jump clear into 3rd.

professor.gif

Thought table had been updated :facepalm:

3 points off 4th but still 9 points off 1st :p

covcity4life

Well I don't hate you

Just wonder when ur gonna stop with negativity

First its no chance of promotion
Then its squad not good enough
Then its we not physical enough
Can't win enough on trot

Every time we tick one off you think of another

I just wonder if you will be happy if Cov get promoted sometimes

Astute

....and technically today's weren't games in hand, just regular fixtures as we were supposed to play today not yesterday.

Todays games were games played when the other teams had played less games than us so technically they were games in hand :p

BTW Crawley are beating Swindon 1-0 :pimp:

stupot07

Well I don't hate you

Just wonder when ur gonna stop with negativity

First its no chance of promotion
Then its squad not good enough
Then its we not physical enough
Can't win enough on trot

Every time we tick one off you think of another

I just wonder if you will be happy if Cov get promoted sometimes

I would be ecstatic if we got promoted. I don't consider myself negative, just cautious.

Astute

Just layed Crawley at 1.81 not to win. Put on £81 to win £100. Would be happy to lose this bet as Swindon are one of our main rivals unless they implode over the next few weeks.

Mucca Mad Boys

Todays games were games played when the other teams had played less games than us so technically they were games in hand :p

BTW Crawley are beating Swindon 1-0 :pimp:

Puts pressure on them to win their games in hand, that and more factors will be handy for us.

Most teams with games in hand are playing when we playing in JPT at home.

Snozz_is_god

by the end of February, the game in hand issue will of unraveld and it should be a lot clearer what needs to be done, in the meantime I guess we've just got to keep winning and if we do, we won't be far off a play of place

BurbageSkyBlues

We keep winning three out of four, with a draw in the middle. That's pretty damn close to winning three on the bounce!

Shoot for the stars, Reach the moon.......mentally go for auto, we will make top five, or even fourth.

Otis

Key I think is 9 wins out of the 15 games left, but wins against those around us to nullify games in hand. Therefore, Bournemouth, Swindon, Yeovil, Brentford, Doncaster.

Covstu

We keep winning three out of four, with a draw in the middle. That's pretty damn close to winning three on the bounce!

Shoot for the stars, Reach the moon.......mentally go for auto, we will make top five, or even fourth.

if we kept that kind of form I would be happy, we are not losing that's the main thing!!

Astute

Just layed Crawley at 1.81 not to win. Put on £81 to win £100. Would be happy to lose this bet as Swindon are one of our main rivals unless they implode over the next few weeks.

Off out on piss now to celebrate. Crewe win, Cov win and Crawley not to win has won me nearly £500, but even better was the results for us against the top sides :D

BurbageSkyBlues

Pretty much an excellent day, results wise. Two or three points made on nearly everyone that matters

We just have to win the game we are playing, day by day. The others will come out in the wash. By winning our games, it makes others nervous, as they look over their shoulders. It's a mind game , they have the prize in their hands, and can only lose it.......we can only win it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Key I think is 9 wins out of the 15 games left, but wins against those around us to nullify games in hand. Therefore, Bournemouth, Swindon, Yeovil, Brentford, Doncaster.
This is why I am not yet too concerned about games in hand, everyone has games in hand so they can't all win there games in hand. They will all take points off each other in the games in hand
+We have to play most of them yet and if we beat them it pretty much wipes out there game in hand advantage

BurbageSkyBlues

There is a third of the season left, approximately. That's plenty for things to change. Has anyone got a link to the table standings after 15 or so games?

This is the business end of the season. I cannot remember us having this kind of momentum, at this stage, ever, outside the premiership. Probably not even in the prem, apart from 87.

BurbageSkyBlues

Last updated 24 Oct 2012 00:00 UK
Position Team Played Goal Difference Points
View full table
No movement1 Tranmere 14 18 30
No movement2 Stevenage 14 8 29
No movement3 Sheff Utd 14 8 28
No movement4 Crawley 14 4 28
No movement5 Notts County 14 11 25
No movement6 Doncaster 13 6 24
No movement7 Swindon 14 5 22
No movement8 Preston 14 6 21
No movement9 Brentford 14 4 21
No movement10 MK Dons 14 4 20
No movement11 Yeovil 14 3 19
No movement12 Colchester 14 -1 19
No movement13 Carlisle 14 -6 19
No movement14 Portsmouth 14 0 18
No movement15 Walsall 14 -3 18
No movement16 Crewe 14 -6 17
No movement17 Oldham 13 0 16
No movement18 Leyton Orient 14 -6 16
No movement19 Bournemouth 14 -5 15
No movement20 Shrewsbury 14 -4 13
No movement21 Coventry 14 -8 11
No movement22 Sc-unithorpe 14 -13 10
No movement23 Bury 14 -12 8
No movement24 Hartlepool 14 -13 7

So there we have it, after 14 games, we were 19 points off the top

So in 17 games, we have made up ten points on the league leaders. With fifteen to go, can we make up nine points more.......???
Not impossible guys....lets believe it!

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

There is a third of the season left, approximately. That's plenty for things to change. Has anyone got a link to the table standings after 15 or so games?

This is the business end of the season. I cannot remember us having this kind of momentum, at this stage, ever, outside the premiership. Probably not even in the prem, apart from 87.
2773f98098ed7bb7566e6d836e346e4e.png

c03f7e28f2691a07caca9ba867d5b297.png

9b0c94add9dd8ca47d8f41dfaa94018b.png

BackRoomRummermill

Games in hand mean F all unless they are won, points in the bag are worth two in the bush

All you mathematic prediction fools based on games in hand know nothing..... FACT

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

Also Astute stop promoting gambling mate please by stating how well your doing........ it is your buissness and I am fine with that and good luck to you, I mean that

But some on here will not be as clever , thanks

ccfcway

Also Astute stop promoting gambling mate please by stating how well your doing........ it is your buissness and I am fine with that and good luck to you, I mean that

But some on here will not be as clever , thanks

Dont agree

carry on pal, fair play to you.

You got home insurance backroomRummermill ?. Thats gambling that you mightl be burgled or have a fire.

Some poeple choose to spend money on cars, women, men, houses, booze, holidays etc. If Astuste wasnt to spend his on gambling, then good luck to him.

BackRoomRummermill

Listen I am no mr moral person of the year . com

I am stating a fact that hundreds of pounds are being quoted here ............. no harm in a flutter every week but some people especially in the current climate will fall foul . If you think that I am wrong to say so then i would suggest you dont bet also.

skybluesteve76

Tranmere are having a massive wobble! I'd be surprised if they finished top two. MK have games in hand but are losing them. I'd say there are ourselves and Bournemouth currently picking up points reminiscent of play off/promotion form. If we keep picking up points like we are currently doing then we defo finish top siz. With a very slim chance of top two.

Users who are viewing this thread