Garry Cahill (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

So we bring in Cranie to have a look at. Gary Cahil just left Palace and at 35 (like Cranie). But Cahill would represent one heck of a centre back for a season and an option for a second year. Still wants to play football and find a team where he will get regular footie.
Yes I know you all instantly think wages may be an issue, but would they? He's a multi millionaire, but wants to go somewhere and play regular for another season at least. If he has ambition to go into coaching then working alongside Adi Vivash, and playing for us could be a tempting proposition for him.
What a contribution he would bring this season. He would certainly score a few from set pieces and strengthen our back line tremendously, while bringing a ton of experience to enhance the likes of Rose and Hyam.
Should Robin's be having a tempting conversation with Cahill before he ends up at one of our opposition sides?

Flying Fokker

Hmm a club that would lack ambition in taking on someone like him. I know strachan and mccallister were older but they were something special. So no to Mr C at any cost.

kg82

So we bring in Cranie to have a look at. Gary Cahil just left Palace and at 35 (like Cranie). But Cahill would represent one heck of a centre back for a season and an option for a second year. Still wants to play football and find a team where he will get regular footie.
Yes I know you all instantly think wages may be an issue, but would they? He's a multi millionaire, but wants to go somewhere and play regular for another season at least. If he has ambition to go into coaching then working alongside Adi Vivash, and playing for us could be a tempting proposition for him.
What a contribution he would bring this season. He would certainly score a few from set pieces and strengthen our back line tremendously, while bringing a ton of experience to enhance the likes of Rose and Hyam.
Should Robin's be having a tempting conversation with Cahill before he ends up at one of our opposition sides?
There’s too much bitching about threads like this. It’s fine, it’s a suggestion, nothing more. But yeah, we can’t afford him. As much as I’d love someone of his calibre, there’s no way he’d drop to our wage level, even for one season.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is still better than many centre backs in the prem and would be an improvement for any of the newly promoted teams

Grendel

Hmm a club that would lack ambition in taking on someone like him. I know strachan and mccallister were older but they were something special. So no to Mr C at any cost.

Lacking ambition? That’s about as nuts as the actual suggestion it’s remotely possible

SlowerThanPlatt

Comparing Cranie, a good Championship pro, to Cahill a player who’s played 95% of his career in the Premier League is amusing

Skyblue_CP

Yeh, nice thought but he will be turning out for a Norwich or Brentford come the start of the season. He's also left Palace because he rejected their wage cut. We wouldn't have players like Rocky Bushiri on trial if we could afford Gary Cahill.

Alkhen

not read any of the press but surely he is ripe to go somewhere like the MLS? why would he bother slumming it in the championship, whats he got to prove? Go play pub standard football in Miami and get paid handsomely whilst you sun yourself

procdoc

In what world would we have a chance of signing Cahill? Yeah he’s 35 but he would still do a reasonable job in the top flight or go to America and earn a boat load of cash in a Micky mouse league

Grendel

So today I’ve seen signing Garry Cahill would show no ambition and fans laughing at Bright Nomark know nothing as he’s our own George Best

bawtryneal

Hahahaha hahahaha

mr_monkey

And I thought your views on covid were batshit insane 🤣

skyblue1991

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread