Gary Birtles trying to influence the ref for Fridays match (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

Just read the Birtles comments and it would seem as a pundit he is trying to influence the referee on Friday because of his over the top comments regarding the penalty decision at the RICOH.

still feels aggrieved at the refereeing decision! travesty! worse refereeing decision ever!
Notts County fell victim to one of the worst refereeing decisions the game can ever have seen, at Coventry last week.!
laying it on thick as he can!

My God thats a bit over the top to say the least

Hope Rysdale reads this and says who is he to criticise referees

Last edited:

wingy

I do hope Robins public comments don't match the ones he delivers in the dressing room or on the training ground .
He should be using all this mind game shit to fire the seige mentality.
It's one game over 90 mins +,If he can't make them believe they're good enough to pass this test I'd be disappointed.
It's all in the mind.

Nick

Administrator
Shouldn't be surprised if the ref tried to null the penalty and give them decisions

6 Generations

Always had time for Birtles as a player and co-commentator, but this article is utter nonsense.

We all except that it probably was not a penalty.

The referee’s initial view has determined his decision.

On live tv , my immediate view was ‘penalty’.

I have seen far worse travesties of justice in the game and no doubt, so has he.

He must be toeing the line for the local Nottingham media.

mark82

On the other hand there was a handball in the box and McNulty was pulled down when he would have been through on goal.

torchomatic

We'll win 3-0 tomorrow night anyway so it won't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread