Gary Caldwell (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I am guessing he is suggesting it would have been better for Tim Fisher to attend that interview announcing the arrival of JFH. As a new dawn.
Instead he is attending the interview on the back of JFH speaking to the owners and coming away concerned about the future so decides not to take the job.

Correct if he goes in on Friday after another defeat and with no new manager he might have to give the location of the new ground to keep things ok

Astute

Correct if he goes in on Friday after another defeat and with no new manager he might have to give the location of the new ground to keep things ok
If he did tell us I could see some say that he is bitter about losing his job after saying that there isn't a location ;)

D

Deleted member 2477

M
Oh ffs. We need someone experienced like Slade not someone who has less than 18 months experience. He did very well at Wigan, but they were still in reciept of parachute payments and had thr biggest budget in thr league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
y thoughts exactly. This smacks of desperation and is another example of owners who havnt a clue about running a football club

stupot07

M

y thoughts exactly. This smacks of desperation and is another example of owners who havnt a clue about running a football club
Agreed. Hes also only got 1 years experience in league one and never managed a team on a shoestring budget. This is total desperation :(

Otis

Oh ffs. We need someone experienced like Slade not someone who has less than 18 months experience. He did very well at Wigan, but they were still in reciept of parachute payments and had thr biggest budget in thr league.

Exactly.

He seems entirely the wrong choice. We need someone with experience, who has been there, got the tshirt and worked on a shoestring budget.

How much was down to Caldwell at Wigan and how much was down to them being able to pretty much bring in who they wanted for this division, I guess we'll never know, but I would have backed Mowbray or Pressely to have had similar success too if we had the best budget in the entire league.

shmmeee

however you might need to be ready to be the city manager soon ;)

My Football Manager record is exemplary. Just as long as I am allowed total control of Man City's transfer budget for a bit to offload Tudgay for eleventy billion.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

richnrg

I heard Warnock questioned about his future prospects on TalkSport a week or so before he took the Cardiff job. He said he had had meetings with 4 or 5 chairman about becoming their new manager. He said 2 or 3 of them sounded quite interesting, one didn't really fit what he was looking for, and one chairman 'frankly didn't have a clue what he was talking about'. Wonder who that was?

oldfiver

I heard Warnock questioned about his future prospects on TalkSport a week or so before he took the Cardiff job. He said he had had meetings with 4 or 5 chairman about becoming their new manager. He said 2 or 3 of them sounded quite interesting, one didn't really fit what he was looking for, and one chairman 'frankly didn't have a clue what he was talking about'. Wonder who that was?

Quite a long list to choose from there!

ccfcway

Just spoke to mystic Meg

Dec 16 - Caldwell joins
Jan 17 - Caldwell guided CCFC on a 8 game unbeaten run
April 17 - CCFC lose 6 in a row, but narrowly escape relegation
July 17 - CCFC have a clearout and new players are being recruited
Sept 17 - CCFC don't win any of first 4 games and Caldwell is sacked

torchomatic

Just spoke to mystic Meg

Dec 16 - Caldwell joins
Jan 17 - Caldwell guided CCFC on a 8 game unbeaten run
April 17 - CCFC lose 6 in a row, but narrowly escape relegation
July 17 - CCFC have a clearout and new players are being recruited
Sept 17 - CCFC don't win any of first 4 games and Caldwell is sacked

2018 - CCFC average 30K in League two and all the fans breathe a sigh of relief we didn't go to the Butts.

D

Deleted member 2477

You missed the bit about we had an offer for stephenson that was to good to refuse and had to let him go for £5 but dont worry the manager will get every penny towards recruiting a replacement

ccfcway

You missed the bit about we had an offer for stephenson that was to good to refuse and had to let him go for £5 but dont worry the manager will get every penny towards recruiting a replacement

Mystic Meg said it was undisclosed

Users who are viewing this thread