Gary Deegan suspended from the club (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just think people are getting the context all wrong.

"Up the RA" by itself of course has one connotation.

"Up the RA" said by someone from the Republic to a mate who has just plumped to play for Northern Ireland and the bloke is trying to rib his mate about it, has a completely different connotation. Deegan was obviously trying to take the piss about McPake playing for the north when he himself is from the south.

Put it in it's entire context and you have a bit of a very big storm but in a rather small teacup.

torchomatic

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any money in the kitty?

Oh yeah Deegan...evil, etc.

You might have to bring milk in tomorrow if you want an early morning coffee.

I mean it's tertible, yeah, Deegan, yadda yadda...

Brighton Sky Blue

More waffle has been spouted about Deegan's tweeting aberration than has ever been said about his football. If there's any reason for him to leave the club it should be for the latter.

Otis

What latter was this then?

A tweet and a latter? Fook me. The bloke's really asking for trouble!! :facepalm:

Otis

You said he should leave the club for the latter.

I took it he wrote a latter as well as sent a tweet.

Just a sort of Chico Marx style joke

Nonleagueherewecome

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any money in the kitty?

Oh yeah Deegan...evil, etc.

Bit, but the rich brass seem to have stopped contributing, just us droogs. So we are a bit like CCFC! Took cash bag home by mistake but you can lob it in an envelope for tomorrow. Which is of course an obscure extended metaphor for dubious insider trading at CCCFC :confused:

Nonleagueherewecome

Put it in it's entire context and you have a bit of a very big storm but in a rather small teacup.

But out of context, you'll still be wanting milk in it :)

Otis

Was going to say "Up the junction" but didn't want to offend anyone from Birmingham.

Otis

Also, there is the possibility that Deegan said 'Up the RA' because McPake is a UDA supporter.

You thought about that anyone?

Maybe we should suspend McPake just in case.

Nonleagueherewecome

Such an insensitive comment by the BBC commentator just now about the Germans never having had trouble in Ukraine and Poland up to now...has he never hear of WWII?!? He should be suspended by the BBC forthwith, writes outraged in Keynsham...

D

Deleted member 4232

Quote for quote, I missed what he said. Didn't even know he was on twitter. Rookie.

From what I've read, silly mistake, move on. I've said worse, no angel.

Just another body we won't have for the start of what I feel is going to be a very long season...

ccfcway

on a slightly similar note, no reprocussions for Sean Lock, who called the queen a "tax dodging b1tch" on 8 out of 10 cats last week.

Nonleagueherewecome

As I say, when is the right time to tell a joke about a famous dead person?

Chris Morris broadcast this 4 months after Lady Di died: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKns9QfQCzs

Then there's the fantastic line at the start of this, followed by interviews with various Cabinet colleagues of the "not actually dead,, we never SAID that..." MP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiTEtJN2LdU

Not to mention the Adams Helium Voiceover on Day Today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOUeauLWEaE

Finally, one for Torch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SJtWCFvDpk

I suppose Stuart Lee counts as Chris Morris? This is topical!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxYzQtSxoKE

It's called satire. Now whilst Gary Deegan isn't a satirist (he's a very naughty boy!), given some of the above being widely acceptable in these modern times, I think we can forgive one silly joke that shouldn't have been made on Twatter! And before the BNP lot start, no, that doesn't make racism OK!

Nonleagueherewecome

on a slightly similar note, no reprocussions for Sean Lock, who called the queen a "tax dodging b1tch" on 8 out of 10 cats last week.

He's not been that funny since "Fifteen Stories High", which was brilliant, but I still quite like him. He doesn't dress like a man whose on the telly :)

Seeing as I'm in a linking mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-WGGupQ8ng

For us, it would be Ray Ranson or Michael Quirke..

CharlesMore

Also, there is the possibility that Deegan said 'Up the RA' because McPake is a UDA supporter.

You thought about that anyone?

Maybe we should suspend McPake just in case.

James McPake has gone on record as being a Celtic fan,so I doubt very much that he is a UDA man.

Having just won his first cap for the country of his grandfathers birth I would think he is totally pissed off with Deegan and is keeping a dignified silence.

This story was reported in the Belfast Telegraph and will now draw attention onto him by the bigoted few from both sides of the divide not only in Northern Ireland but his native Scotland as well.

Otis

James McPake has gone on record as being a Celtic fan,so I doubt very much that he is a UDA man.

Having just won his first cap for the country of his grandfathers birth I would think he is totally pissed off with Deegan and is keeping a dignified silence.

This story was reported in the Belfast Telegraph and will now draw attention onto him by the bigoted few from both sides of the divide not only in Northern Ireland but his native Scotland as well.

It was a joke.

Maybe I should get suspended too.

Was just trying to make a point. Too much second guessing on here.

classicfooty

What a dumb move. The whole affair has been completely blown out of all proportion by people as stupid as Deegan is. Is he any worse than Suarez, Barton or Terry? Yet their clubs don't "fire" them, do they? Chance to cut wages again though, isn't it? :jerkit:

mmmm cos deegan sells tickets?(barton), deegan is a quality england international captain?.....no wait he is a top international striker ...no he is none of them things so fuck him off i dont care, he is crap, its no different to YOU claiming you can play football and then talking bollox. Good riddance the guy is a twat.................oh yea and a shit footballer

ccfcway

Eastwood was constantly swearing about the monachy

well, i think so, as he kept mentioning "bugger king"

Otis

if Bell says he doesn't like Maltesers I will be straight on the Valletta daily newspaper.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Telegraph has said Deegan has his own strict fitness regime to keep fit in the 2 weeks, he just can't do it with the rest of the squad so it doesn't sound as if they will be trying to offload him.

Users who are viewing this thread