Geoff Foster (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I know he’s rubbish but I wonder what questions we wanted him to ask!!

How is Willis maybe?
How is Shipley?
Any chance of Andreu playing before next season?
Baker gone?
Why Biamou rested?
And the most important one-how much did the club receive for allowing Morecambe to stay up

letsallsingtogether

How is Willis maybe?
How is Shipley?
Baker gone?
Why Biamou rested?
And the most important one-how much did the club receive for allowing Morecambe to stay up
Probebly fell asleep like the rest of us.

Ricketts

How is Willis maybe?
How is Shipley?
Baker gone?
Why Biamou rested?

I am abroad ao had to listen to the driven on ifollow, as the video wouldnt pay.

According to Foster, Willis was replaced by Reid in the second half!
Presumably as they share the first christian (other demoninations are available) name

Hobo

How is Willis maybe?
How is Shipley?
Baker gone?
Why Biamou rested?

Why ask Baker gone? It was all over press and Social media his contract has been cancelled by mutual consent (because he can't get fit). Or are some fans convinced he is just hiding in a phone box waiting for the play off's.

Otis

I am abroad ao had to listen to the driven on ifollow, as the video wouldnt pay.

According to Foster, Willis was replaced by Reid in the second half!
Presumably as they share the first christian (other demoninations are available) name
Kelly also did a really good tackle in the first half too, even though it happened on the right touchline and he was almost in the penalty area at the time.

Terry_dactyl

I know this has been discussed to death but I’ve only recently discovered the beauty that is the football commentary via the ‘skyblues player’. The amount of gaffs is incredible. I thought you were all exaggerating. I’m pleased to report you certainly weren’t!
The other week, against Crawley amongst his many mistakes he had Eric Young playing for them!
We should treasure and celebrate this. I’m serious. It’s great fun listening to it.

Sky Blue Pete

Why ask Baker gone? It was all over press and Social media his contract has been cancelled by mutual consent (because he can't get fit). Or are some fans convinced he is just hiding in a phone box waiting for the play off's.
Ah brilliant I didn’t hear. What a plonker I am

stevefloyd

His commentary is dreadful as is his interviewing technique so on the work side he is a complete joke but everyone has their good points I guess

Terry_dactyl

His commentary is dreadful as is his interviewing technique so on the work side he is a complete joke but everyone has their good points I guess

I’ll look forward to hearing it.
Without hearing him, I guess interviewing football managers, especially after defeat, could be quite intimidating but then if that’s your job...

Hobo

Foster is a complete joke

I hate to say this but so are some of our fans.
Exhibit List:
1. Some of the phone in moaner's. I don't mind people getting an opinion off their chests, but it is the radio silence between every word and the era's! It is like being in purgatory.
2. In ground comments "for fuck sake tackle him". You are sat in row RR mate,, I know the two players look close together but in reality our player is 20 foot away from him. Everything is easy from the stand.
3. Grown men clambering on to the pitch then trying to run across it. FFS these are the perfect footballers in the crowd? Running? They would make Baker on crutches look like a top sprinter. You are 45 mate not 10.
4. I am sure some of our fans only support City due to their need to moan. They have two modes over euphoric optimism and black cavernous depression. It not your fault I accept that. But don't share your your stupidity with me, keep it in your head.
5. Brian Clough was right most fans know fuck all about football tactics.
6. Just because somebody isn't playing, it doesn't make them better than someone who is on the pitch.
7. Signing really good players on a free is harder than you think. Football Manager is a computer game, it is fun, but it is not real football management. Your record isn't better than any football manager let alone Alex Ferguson.
8. Past players Quinten Young introduced, "Who the fuck is he?" I might be older than that fan, but not by much. Our fans do read about our history don't they? Each one of those 50 odd players have been privileged to pull on a city shirt. The fact they come back and many regularly shows the club means a lot to them. They might not be legends but they deserve respect. If you never saw them play my advice is keep your gob shut to save yourself embarrassment. Don't big up League 1 and 2 players against one's who played in top flight football.

For those that don't know Young played for Ayr, Coventry and Rangers. Played in both legs of the first European Super Cup Final for Rangers v Ajax. He also scored in the 2nd leg away at Ajax.

Last edited:
Journalism is about good communication and jolly ole Geoff can hardly string a sentence together. He is painful to listen to and continually struggles to stumble on his words. How he was ever employed by the BBC is beyond me and should be sacked along with jolly Geoff. As a BBC licence fee payer, rant over.

Hobo

Journalism is about good communication and jolly ole Geoff can hardly string a sentence together. He is painful to listen to and continually struggles to stumble on his words. How he was ever employed by the BBC is beyond me and should be sacked along with jolly Geoff. As a BBC licence fee payer, rant over.

Journalism unfortunately has lost the art of communication and investigation. The Coventry Telegraph site and other regional paper sites are far more embarrassing than Geoff Foster.

Reactions: vow
Journalism unfortunately has lost the art of communication and investigation. The Coventry Telegraph site and other regional paper sites are far more embarrassing than Geoff Foster.
Sorry Hobo, Foster has got to be at the bottom of the barrel mate.

CJ_covblaze

To be fair to him he has struggled since his stroke.

Otis

It's really tough for me because my brother worked with him and I have met him.

He's a really decent bloke. Hate to see him ripped apart, but then at the same time I cannot do anything other than admit to his post match interviews being really inane and a bit embarrassing.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it's personal against him, it's got to the point where Robins is taking the piss out of him in every interview now.

CWR does need a bit of a shake up of the format, how many years has it been the same now? With things like Podcasts and social media it makes them look (and sound) a bit like dinosaurs in the way they go about things.

I know it might sound a bit random, but there was the young schoolkid in the paper a few months ago who wanted to be a commentator. There was video of him preparing for a game with all of his facts / stats and then commentating. What would the harm be in having him in at games to do 5 minutes or something?

JulianDarbyFTW

I've gone from disliking Clive to thinking he's actually quite good, whereas I've gone from liking Geoff (as a kind of lovable buffoon) to getting frustrated by him. He always bowls underarm questions that Robins can bat away for six. Not saying he has to be an angry Paxman, but there have to be some challenging questions thrown in from time to time. Maybe it's just a BBC thing where they don't want to offend.

Adge

Nice bloke, great, but just plain awful on the radio. You have done you're 30 years Geoff, here is your BBC pension and we wish you all the best.....

ccfctommy

I hate to say this but so are some of our fans.
Exhibit List:
1. Some of the phone in moaner's. I don't mind people getting an opinion off their chests, but it is the radio silence between every word and the era's! It is like being in purgatory.
2. In ground comments "for fuck sake tackle him". You are sat in row RR mate,, I know the two players look close together but in reality our player is 20 foot away from him. Everything is easy from the stand.
3. Grown men clambering on to the pitch then trying to run across it. FFS these are the perfect footballers in the crowd? Running? They would make Baker on crutches look like a top sprinter. You are 45 mate not 10.
4. I am sure some of our fans only support City due to their need to moan. They have two modes over euphoric optimism and black cavernous depression. It not your fault I accept that. But don't share your your stupidity with me, keep it in your head.
5. Brian Clough was right most fans know fuck all about football tactics.
6. Just because somebody isn't playing, it doesn't make them better than someone who is on the pitch.
7. Signing really good players on a free is harder than you think. Football Manager is a computer game, it is fun, but it is not real football management. Your record isn't better than any football manager let alone Alex Ferguson.
8. Past players Quinten Young introduced, "Who the fuck is he?" I might be older than that fan, but not by much. Our fans do read about our history don't they? Each one of those 50 odd players have been privileged to pull on a city shirt. The fact they come back and many regularly shows the club means a lot to them. They might not be legends but they deserve respect. If you never saw them play my advice is keep your gob shut to save yourself embarrassment. Don't big up League 1 and 2 players against one's who played in top flight football.

For those that don't know Young played for Ayr, Coventry and Rangers. Played in both legs of the first European Super Cup Final for Rangers v Ajax. He also scored in the 2nd leg away at Ajax.

What a brilliant rant. Well done!

chiefdave

CWR does need a bit of a shake up of the format, how many years has it been the same now?
Think its this as much as anything. How long now has it been the same presenters and format. Linnell was the presenter when I was a kid listening on Mercia Sound!

Adge

Think its this as much as anything. How long now has it been the same presenters and format. Linnell was the presenter when I was a kid listening on Mercia Sound!
Yep, Gordon Astley or Clive Skelhon in! Linnell out!

Grendel

Who really cares what a cwr reporter is like

He’s on a par with all the others

Breakfast show is the flagship and that’s presented by nice but dim Trish

I’d rather have sulphuric acid poured on my head than listen to Vik Minnette

Bob brolly is a boring tosser

So all presenters are sub standards - so what do you want? Kenneth Wolstenhome?

robbiekeane

Who really cares what a cwr reporter is like

He’s on a par with all the others

Breakfast show is the flagship and that’s presented by nice but dim Trish

I’d rather have sulphuric acid poured on my head than listen to Vik Minnette

Bob brolly is a boring tosser

So all presenters are sub standards - so what do you want? Kenneth Wolstenhome?
U ok hun

Users who are viewing this thread