Geoff Thompson (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

Sorry if this subject has been done before, but I’ve just started reading a book of his.
Something of a Coventry legend by all accounts.

anyone know him?

Bugsy

Sorry if this subject has been done before, but I’ve just started reading a book of his.

anyone know him?

yeah he's my mates uncle

skybluetony176

I read Watch my Back many moons ago and really enjoyed it. Good read, especially if you’re familiar with Coventry.

skybluetony176

Thats the one i've got. seems to be spoken about in high regard by others in the bits ive seen about him. Tough fella too.
I think he’s one of those guys that if you’re from the Coventry area and of a certain generation you’ve almost certainly heard of him and quite possibly know someone who knows him or know him yourself. I was put on to him by a lad I used to work with in Coventry who knew him personally as he’d worked with him (day job, not working the doors). He always spoke highly of him.

Terry_dactyl

I read Watch My Back…slightly before my time but still familiar so a good read.

IIRC There’s a load of pictures in the middle which I showed to my old man. He instantly recognised one of the blokes in there -one of the toughest bouncers according to Geoff Thompson - as being someone he chatted to down Cov baths/Livi gym on occasions. Said he was a really nice bloke…but then you would wouldn’t you!

Bigal007

anyone know him?
One of the most violent books I have ever read but a very interesting charactor, great read. I actually witnessed one of his "fights" at the Devonshire arms when he thought he had really hurt the guy. I remember the girl in the wheel chair giving him some stick when he came in from outside.

LastGarrison

He sits and has a coffee in Costa up by TGI’s pretty regularly and seen him in there numerous times when grabbing a coffee. (Never sits with his back to the door and always has a clear view of who is coming in and out).

My Missus’ cousin did the door with him and trained with him for a while and he can’t speak highly enough of him and you have to give him enormous credit for what he has achieved in his life. Particularly after being abused as a child and then having the life on the doors that he did.

His daughter worker behind the bar in the Devon for a while when Paul Owen had it and her fella also did the door there for a bit so he also came in there from time to time.

As Tony says most people of a certain age will either know him or know of him.

Users who are viewing this thread