George Thomas OTT (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

I think the Cov Telegraph and CCFC on social media have gone way over the top about George Thomas!! He's scored 1 goal!!! Admitadly a good goal but it's our only goal and some of the headlines coming out of the club are incredible. "GT hot shot" "Best goal I've ever seen" "20 goal a season man under our nose" "Academy Hot Shot" "Praise for Thomas" GT has what it takes to succeed" GT shows his class". How many more headlines? He's scored 1 goal!! Just shows you how desperate we are for goals and headlines!!

Nick

Administrator
I think the Cov Telegraph and CCFC on social media have gone way over the top about George Thomas!! He's scored 1 goal!!! Admitadly a good goal but it's our only goal and some of the headlines coming out of the club are incredible. "GT hot shot" "Best goal I've ever seen" "20 goal a season man under our nose" "Academy Hot Shot" "Praise for Thomas" GT has what it takes to succeed" GT shows his class". How many more headlines? He's scored 1 goal!! Just shows you how desperate we are for goals and headlines!!

1 Goal in a friendly too, could understand if it was a play off final.

Nearly as OTT is Cody McDonald scoring a hat trick in training.

It happened with Maddison too, just piling pressure on when it's not really needed.

larry_david

Have to agree. it's pathetic how over the top Cov social media is these days. When our academy players signed their new 1 year deals, they bigged it up as if we'd signed a future England superstar. The lack of signings is the reason why. Trying to big up everything, keep on saying 'mogga is biding his time for quality' lets not beat around the bush here, there are teams in the division below us who have signed better quality than we can attract.

larry_david

Same with this trialist. Making him sound like he's the next Ronaldo because of the pure lack of transfer stories, when we actually have someone on trial he's the best thing ever. 'Impressed for 45 mins against Nuneaton'...this is the same Nuneaton who are now below the conference? Talk about clutching at straws

Skybluenutterman

All of these players are lightweight too and will blow over with a puff of wind. Look at all the best teams in this league. Big, Strong and very physical. I'm sure TM knows this so let's hope for signings over the next week or so. Need something to happen before Wigan game. We can't afford to slip behind and wait until Sept 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_david

Thing that frustrates me is we are now in the thick of pre season games. Fitness, tactics, gelling, shape...and we have no bloody strikers! Tudgay and Thomas. So how on earth is that going to help the season when our preparations involve playing with a young lad who isn't going to get anywhere near the first team and Tudders who, I actually do like.

Kingokings204

Couldn't agree more. It's article after article and George Thomas has scored one friendly goal and lameires has played 2 half a friendlies.

We need good quality strikers.

Skybluenutterman

Can you begin to imagine what will happen if he scores in the next game? Don't think I could cope :)

skybluepm2

Nearly as OTT is Cody McDonald scoring a hat trick in training.

Ha ha will never forget this classic!

It is seriously cringeworthy though. Just like them bigging up the likes of Jordan Clarke, Burge and Lawton. Truly pathetic. You'd expect it from the likes of Poole and the club itself but surprised that Turner would stoop to the same level and write an entire article on him after scoring one goal. A lot of the fan reports have said how powderpuff and ineffective he was for the rest of the match.

If we get the senior strikers in that we should over the next couple of weeks, I doubt he will make more than 10 appearances this season.

10 days to go is very worrying. Let's hope that TM doesn't follow suit and put the same faith in Thomas as he has in Burge.

bringbackrattles

You beat me to it as I was thinking the same thing. There's nothing much to write about so to fill the paper they've gone silly over one goal by a young player who may never repeat the feat ever again.I echo what someone else has said and our young players are lightweight in build and in League One they'll get sand kicked in their faces by big solid units,and surely Mowbray will address this sooner than later ?

tisza

We had this with Wilson. A clamour to get him into the team but it took several seasons for him to be ready for the regular 1st team place.
All these kids need time to grow into becoming 1st regulars.
Willis made his debut 4 seasons ago as a 17 year old it took him time to develop into a 1st team player.
It will naturally take time for Finch, Thomas, Haynes, Maddison etc. to develop. Few sides are producing 18/19 year olds that are immediately ready for 1st team football.

SkyBlueSid

I agree that it puts far too much pressure on the lad himself. These youngsters have achieved nothing yet. But at that age there is surely a danger they will start to believe all this ludicrous publicity and act accordingly.

Young players can be introduced into the first team a bit at a time, preferably when the team is doing well and for no more than 5-6 games in a row. Running them into the ground helps nobody in the long run.

simonregis

FFS this thread speaks volume for many on here, a bunch of middle-aged moaners who'd rather be negative about the whole thing. Also, can we have some consistancy on here. You cry blue murder if the CT doesn't back the team and you criticise the radio for being anti-city and all you do is moan if they try to big the city up.
HONESTLY what do you want the supporters, media et al to do?
Give me 1% of positivity to you guys99% negativity any day.

AND YES the kid Thomas is technically one of the best players, up front, I have seen in a city shirt for years. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

hill83

ffs this thread speaks volume for many on here, a bunch of middle-aged moaners who'd rather be negative about the whole thing. Also, can we have some consistancy on here. You cry blue murder if the ct doesn't back the team and you criticise the radio for being anti-city and all you do is moan if they try to big the city up.
Honestly what do you want the supporters, media et al to do?

And yes the kid thomas is technically one of the best players, up front, i have seen in a city shirt for years. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

end of

Otis

FFS this thread speaks volume for many on here, a bunch of middle-aged moaners who'd rather be negative about the whole thing. Also, can we have some consistancy on here. You cry blue murder if the CT doesn't back the team and you criticise the radio for being anti-city and all you do is moan if they try to big the city up.

AND YES the kid Thomas is technically one of the best players, up front, I have seen in a city shirt for years. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Totally agree. Let's not undersell him.

He has the left foot of Lionel Messi, the footballing brain of Zidane, the quickness of Usain Bolt, the goal scoring prowess of Aguero and the energy and endurance of Mo Farrah. He's already the complete package.

Might be best not to play him this season to be quite honest, cos 2 games in and Chelski and Barca are going to be slapingp a £100M bid on the table sharpish for sure.

Skybluenutterman

Regis. Are you for real? Maybe you should read the views of the real supporters and does it really matter how old we all are? Maybe you can sit in your armchair every Saturday afternoon then post drivel like your last post!!

Chipfat

I'm sorry, but did you just write,,,, Thomas is technically one of the best players, up front, you have seen in a city shirt for years.....

FFS, no wonder it never rains in your world.....

Nick

Administrator

I'd just be happy with people being realistic.

Otis

I'm sorry, but did you just write,,,, Thomas is technically one of the best players, up front, you have seen in a city shirt for years.....

FFS, no wonder it never rains in your world.....

Don't be so hasty. He might have been talking about Conor.

simonregis

Hahaha. God it must be so much fun being a whinging old moaner. Personally speaking I don't give a toss what you guys think if all you can do is criticize and see a constant colour of grey in your lives.

We will see. I was lambusted when I said Wilson has more skill than Sturridge and people laughed but Wilson will eventually achieve more in the game than Sturridge. And as for Thomas? At his age now he is technically a better player than Wilson.

If I, or others, want to praise the lad for his goal or his potential that's cool and what is wrong with that?

armybike

So Cov Telegraph is a lefty council loving rag that has relished in the demise of CCFC but they're also wrong by trying to whip up interest in the club?

Skybluenutterman

I think some of you are completely missing the point here. Nothing wrong with positivity but headline after headline after headline about one bloody goal in a pre season friendly is so much OTT!

Chipfat

Hahaha. God it must be so much fun being a whinging old moaner. Personally speaking I don't give a toss what you guys think if all you can do is criticize and see a constant colour of grey in your lives.

We will see. I was lambusted when I said Wilson has more skill than Sturridge and people laughed but Wilson will eventually achieve more in the game than Sturridge. And as for Thomas? At his age now he is technically a better player than Wilson.

If I, or others, want to praise the lad for his goal or his potential that's cool and what is wrong with that?

Thomas may be better technically the Wilson but to compare the two is like comparing Paul Walsh to a les Ferdinand type of player
Sturrigde to Wilson is a better comparison and Wilson has to perform in the prem before his true level is found,, I really like Wilson and from day 1 like you see a fantastic player with lots of attributes..

As for praise that is fair comment , players who do well deserve it,, but his goal was a decent effort but is over hyped and really taking away from questions being asked about the standard of the squad.. reality has to come into that no matter much you love the club....

shmmeee

Have to agree. it's pathetic how over the top Cov social media is these days. When our academy players signed their new 1 year deals, they bigged it up as if we'd signed a future England superstar. The lack of signings is the reason why. Trying to big up everything, keep on saying 'mogga is biding his time for quality' lets not beat around the bush here, there are teams in the division below us who have signed better quality than we can attract.

Yeah! How dare the marketing arm of a business try and big up it's business! Arseholes!

Users who are viewing this thread