German football report alert (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently found an ambulance packed with explosives by the ground

martcov

On the news they have not yet said what the concrete reason is. Waiting for a press conference. Merkel speaking with ministers. No mention of explosives - yet....

martcov

According to the minister of the interior: no explosives have been found. Hot tip that it was planned to bring explosives into the stadium. Police still actively searching in Hanover.

they do not want to say any more to avoid creating panic. People asked to stay home.

Covstu

Lots of tweets confirming this but nothing official. I really hope this is just being over cautious

covmark

Yeah, says on BBC there was 'intention to ignite explosives'.
Really awful times at the moment.

xcraigx

Sky saying no bomb and no arrests. Mirror says bomb found and someone arrested at gunpoint. I don't know how reports on the same subject can be so different?

Unless the authorities are concentrating on dispersing crowds calmly before announcing anything. Or the Mirror could be spouting utter shite, wouldn't be the first time.

dancers lance

I would be very surprised if the ambulance story was legit. If it is, the Germans will look an absolute joke.

dancers lance

Sky saying no bomb and no arrests. Mirror says bomb found and someone arrested at gunpoint. I don't know how reports on the same subject can be so different?

Unless the authorities are concentrating on dispersing crowds calmly before announcing anything. Or the Mirror could be spouting utter shite, wouldn't be the first time.

These spanners will say anything to be first to deliver 'Breaking News' even if it's bullshit.

martcov

To be fair. The say they have found no explosives. They have also said they don't want to give any more details out of tactical reasons and not to create fear. This was said after first meeting with Merkel who was to have been at the match. Official cars were seen around the stadium. Police are still searching. It seems very genuine that something was planned.

Nick

Administrator
I think confirmed an object found, never know it could just be somebody put a bag down and forgot it.

ccfc92

I think confirmed an object found, never know it could just be somebody put a bag down and forgot it.

Hopefully that's all it is.

I swear though, after an attack, we get higher security, then they wait for it to die down again before attacking again?

martcov

Police have confiscated the broadcast vans the of the German and Dutch TVs to be searched. Maybe there was a tip that explosives were in a vehicle - hence the Mirror story. Who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread