German Winger on Trial (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Mogga seems impressed with what he has seen on the 1 st day of training.

AFCCOVENTRY

• Brown came through the ranks with Eintracht Norderstedt, playing 27 times in the 2010/11 season, scoring seven goals.
  • In 2011, he switched to the the reserve team of Bundesliga side Hamburg, Hamburger SV II.
  • The German-Jamaican dual citizen left his native country for Switzerland in 2013 to sign for FC Wil 1990 in the second Swiss league.
  • He was an 'investment player' at the Swiss club which meant a German Investment fund held his rights.
  • 54 appearances and ten goals followed in the Swiss Challenge League and his form attracted interested from the higher tier.
  • Brown made the step up to the Super League with partner club Grasshoppers in August 2015 on a two-year contract as he followed his mentor Axel Thoma to Zurich.
  • However, he has only completed a total of 45 minutes in two appearances.
  • The winger spent last season on loan to FC Wohlen in the second division, playing 20 times.
  • Despite having a year left on his contract with Grasshoppers, Brown mutually terminated his contract in June and is now a free agent.
  • Brown was on trial with German side FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt, who play in the third tier of German football, earlier this summer but seems to have failed to win a contract with the club.
  • His current career stats stand as 143 appearances, 18 goals and 14 assists, according to Transfer Markt.

AFCCOVENTRY

• Brown was on trial with German side FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt, who play in the third tier of German football, earlier this summer but seems to have failed to win a contract with the club.

This bit worried me a little...3rd division in Germany is like non-league here.

Anyway...Mogga will know in the trial

edgy

Don't think Mowbray expects this to go anywhere. He says he there to make up the numbers and that trials have to be spectacular for them to progress any further.

Tenner says he's gone by Sunday.

Otis

Not sure.

Just read the article and it says Mowbray has been impressed by him, but wants to see him in a game situation.

Would agree though that as TM says, any trialist will have to be spectacular for him to warrant any further interest.

Maybe he will be spectacular.

AFCCOVENTRY

Not sure.

Just read the article and it says Mowbray has been impressed by him, but wants to see him in a game situation.

Would agree though that as TM says, any trialist will have to be spectacular for him to warrant any further interest.

He will get his chance against the Saudi's

Hobo

Not sure.

Yes and maybe a bit of a motivational thing.

SkyBlueCRJ

Judging from the video he looks like he could be a good addition to the squad if TM decides to offer him a contract however these highlight reels are often deceptive. They could make Andy Webster look like Mats Hummels. Seems to have failed to win a contract at a 3rd tier German side which is concerning. Cannot imagine that quality is anything above a league 2 equivalent. However different managers look for different qualities in a player. We do need wingers so i'm hoping he does well

asiaskyblues

One of the good things about TM is that he usually interested in the player's attitude as well. Vardy is now valued at 20 million and is 29 years old. He will admit that there were times when his attitude stunk. Look at Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson. Possibly on paper Clarke is a better all round player if age was not compared. But, two seasons ago when Wilson was going to be thrown out by the club his attitude won him a contract extension, and the rest is history.
We don't know what any player's lives are like. We don't see their challenges and weaknesses and it would be unfair to criticise anyone, who is young, for their lifestyle.
I may be wrong but I think a few of the lads from last season, loanees and sold players, lost interest a little. Their attutdes changed after Christmas and we nose dived. The players TM is bringing in now do seem to have good attitudes towards training and it will all be down to performances on Saturday afternoons.
I would like to say 'good luck' to all the trialists, new contracters and old hands who come to our club. I hope you all perform to the best of your ability and good luck for the new season.

Otis

Yeah, based on yesterday you have to say he didn't impress.

Would have had to play like Messi to have been in with a shout by all accounts.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Strange reasoning though; don't want to sign someone ahead of our own youngsters.

Ok he may not have looked that good yesterday, but he's 24. Our youngsters are just out of nappies. How would signing someone older affect their development, as it's clear some of them aren't quite ready?

Unless he's thinking of using Spence who seemed offer equally as much as Brown did?

Grendel

stupot07

Strange reasoning though; don't want to sign someone ahead of our own youngsters.

Ok he may not have looked that good yesterday, but he's 24. Our youngsters are just out of nappies. How would signing someone older affect their development, as it's clear some of them aren't quite ready?

Unless he's thinking of using Spence who seemed offer equally as much as Brown did?
Strange to take a winger on trial when you've now decided that we're playing a wingback system, then on his trial playing him in a narrow attacking midfield position....no wonder he didn't impress in yesterdays game.

I take it we won't sign any youth loans from PL clubs as he wouldn't want them ahead of our youngsters.. No doubt he will sign bigi and out him ahead of Stephenson...

He obviously just isn't good enough.

Oh, well on to the next.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

better days

From what I heard he was a really good kid but didn't stand out or pull up trees in the training sessions prior to the game
I'd guess the staff and players already had a good idea of his
capabilities even before his brief appearance yesterday
The club lost nothing by giving the lad a chance - that's all any of us would ask for in the lad's position

hamil99

Facebook User
I think its possible that Spence impressed TM yesterday, why would he sign a winger that is no better than one of the young kids coming through our ranks, certainly will be cheaper.

Otis

I think its possible that Spence impressed TM yesterday, why would he sign a winger that is no better than one of the young kids coming through our ranks, certainly will be cheaper.
Yep, could well be. Spence looked pretty nifty I thought.

stevefloyd

I liked his Cameo role against Nuneaton too... maybe his head is in the right place and he is ready to push on....we could sell him then as per...............

ccfc_Tom

Maybe he just didnt want to hurt the guys feelings by saying hes shit. Which he did look against graz

JulianDarbyFTW

He barely touched the ball yesterday. We know we have limited funds, so why waste them on a player that will spend the season on the fringes when we need first team players? Remember when Pressley signed anyone who had two legs? We don't want a return to that!

Nick

Administrator
Apparently according to the experts on the Telegraph it is because we didn't want to pay him what we wanted.

how about we perfectly honest here, he probably wants more than the peanuts we offer, just be honest instead of all this b-ll-x, once again we will be out bid for players by "massive" clubs lie port vale, Scunthorpe , southend and Rochdale.!!!!! sick of all the lies.

Decision time again, then we say ok, then the player is offered peanuts, outcome not very bright.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Apparently according to the experts on the Telegraph it is because we didn't want to pay him what we wanted.
That sounds about right, de'ja' vu as they say. :smug:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

When was the last time that happened with a trialist then?

Chatting shit as they say.
Oh Dear Nick bin on the beer have we, over the years the club have missed out on many trialist, players, because of high wage demands "etcetera "

When I was a lad supporting my Sky Blues back in the 60's they never had social media, all we had was the Pink on Saturdays and the Cov Telegraph and the National press, so if we missed out on a player we never got to hear until afterwards when they signed up for another club. Let me give you three names that comes to mind, Colin Bell, Kevin Keegan, Stevie Heighway. So please don't be so childish, ( QUOTE ) Chatting Shit as they say. :stop:

Grendel

Oh Dear Nick bin on the beer have we, over the years the club have missed out on many trialist, players, because of high wage demands "etcetera "

When I was a lad supporting my Sky Blues back in the 60's they never had social media, all we had was the Pink on Saturdays and the Cov Telegraph and the National press, so if we missed out on a player we never got to hear until afterwards when they signed up for another club. Let me give you three names that comes to mind, Colin Bell, Kevin Keegan, Stevie Heighway. So please don't be so childish, ( QUOTE ) Chatting Shit as they say. :stop:

We rejected them so nothing to do with wages was it?

Users who are viewing this thread