Get behind the team (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

checkatrade will show them that success=cash

2 promotions coming up QUICKSMART

Skybluefaz

A great business plan of course to be self sufficient is a good plan with any business. Do people think that from the outset that Sisu's plan was to buy a footballl club and make it self sufficient? If that's the case then people need to wake up and smell the coffee. The idea was to get maximum profit by selling on with the premier league the aim. It is through their own mismanagement that they have now arrived at the current platform and are praying on the most ardent of fans to come through the turnstiles to finance the club. Don't remember any mention of being self sufficient when we were in the championship.:emoji_thinking:
That's because self sufficiency wasn't the plan in the championship. Fisher has said as much on numerous occasions.

Irish Sky Blue

No offence Adge, but here in lies the issue I have with the "boycotting" fans.

I've picked out the above section from your previous quote, the problem with it is you don't seem to appreciate that the Club is run on a self-sufficient basis, now to clarify self-sufficient is defined as; needing no outside help in satisfying one's basic needs.

Therefore my question to you would be, if you owned a business (any business) and your business was down on revenues, due to customer sales, would you not look at cutting your costs to ensure you're not in the red? While I agree for Fisher to say publically may not have been clever, there is logic behind the statement.

Admittedly the issue could have been dressed another way, which would have been more pleasing on the ear, however do you not recognise that the Club needs it's supporters now more than ever, irrespective of SISU?
Rather than cutting you could actively try to engage with the fan base and the local community, talk honestly and frequently to them, tell them what your genuine difficulties are, what your aspirations and plans are for the club and how you will try to bring them to fruition. Instead We have Fisher whose answer to genuine concern from fans is " well if you're not going to come I am sorry (he's not). If you don't come we will cut some more".

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

There will always be an excuse. In 03/04 we averaged 14,816. No SISU to be seen only a couple of years out of the PL yet if you beleived the shit you see on social media we'd be selling out every week when sisu sell. I think we just have to accept that the people of Coventry don't really give a shit unless we're playing a big team.

Once sisu go it will be something else that stops people.
In terms of wins and possibly even goals scored we are probably the least successful team out of the 92 over the last 50 years. Add to that ten years of Sisu I think it is understandable why some people have had enough. It's a leisure activity, it is meant to be fun. Put any other set of fans in the situation that we have been in for 50 years the attendances wouldn't be much different.

Chipfat

So basically you are complaining that they won't just spunk a load of their money into the club, whilst refusing to give the club money yourself.

Nothing wrong with being self sufficient. It's the way any club should be run, and yes it could work in the Championship with a decent fanbase. Would be easier if we owned the Ricoh so it could be used to generate extra income, and long term I'd like us to have our own appropriately sized stadium in Coventry (at least Highfield Road capacity, maybe more Ricoh).

They have set a plan in motion not to invest but run the club solely reliant on the fanbase, to the point where they have said it, done it and will carry on the business model. This model is a financial plan run by the rule of not the level we play at, but the estimate of the lowest number of fans that pay every week or through ST sales each season. Sisu placed the club in the situation we currectly find ourselves in, the day they took over premeirship dreams got in the way of a investment that could of stabilized the club and had a real go at promotion once they had all set in place for other income streams to support the long term plan.

The only plan they had was a short term investment, gain promotion and sell, which Tim fisher stated was true. Not one person around that first board meeting uttered the words say we do not get promotion, what then... They wanted to get promoted, buy the share with promotion money of the Ricoh and sell as a package or as 2 separate transaction's for massive profit. This was a plan driven by greed that left them holding a club that had a bad rent deal, bad credit and a very unstable business model, which they only worked out after 2 failed promotions and the realization, the dream was out of reach. I have always said they should of addressed the rent deal which was offered, stabilized the club and worked with parties within the city that could of helped them run a very good club. They inherited a mes and unfortunately have made that mess a million times worse and are doing now the only option left to them, no investment, court cases and appeals in hope that something will go in a different direction.

L2 does not bother them, Non league would not bother them, Butts or Nuneatons ground which have already been looked at are an option for them if the playing side of the business gets worse. Im not paying any money into the club as i dont live in the UK, but if i was in in the UK would pick the games i wanted to see. So i never refused to pay? I also have never ridiculed anyone who goes or anyone who boycotts for that matter, my opinion is not to persuade either way that is upto the individual.

Last edited:

ccfcway

so many thousands have walked away, yet people on here who post their thoughts on why they only go to certain games get challenged.

Its the silent majority who are gone that we have to be concerned about, not the few on here (me included) who pick and choose what games they go to and what they don't for a variety of reasons

mark82

so many thousands have walked away, yet people on here who post their thoughts on why they only go to certain games get challenged.

Its the silent majority who are gone that we have to be concerned about, not the few on here (me included) who pick and choose what games they go to and what they don't for a variety of reasons

To be clear, I have no issues with picking and choosing games. I do it myself as my circumstances mean I can only come back to Coventry every few weeks. It's just people doing NOPM still to "get rid of Sisu". Everyone has a right to do what they want just think it's a pointless exercise and only depriving themselves.

mark82

They have set a plan in motion not to invest but run the club solely reliant on the fanbase, to the point where they have said it, done it and will carry on the business model. This model is a financial plan run by the rule of not the level we play at, but the estimate of the lowest number of fans that pay every week or through ST sales each season. Sisu placed the club in the situation we currectly find ourselves in, the day they took over premeirship dreams got in the way of a investment that could of stabilized the club and had a real go at promotion once they had all set in place for other income streams to support the long term plan.

The only plan they had was a short term investment, gain promotion and sell, which Tim fisher stated was true. Not one person around that first board meeting uttered the words say we do not get promotion, what then... They wanted to get promoted, buy the share with promotion money of the Ricoh and sell as a package or as 2 separate transaction's for massive profit. This was a plan driven by greed that left them holding a club that had a bad rent deal, bad credit and a very unstable business model, which they only worked out after 2 failed promotions and the realization, the dream was out of reach. I have always said they should of addressed the rent deal which was offered, stabilized the club and worked with parties within the city that could of helped them run a very good club. They inherited a mes and unfortunately have made that mess a million times worse and are doing now the only option left to them, no investment, court cases and appeals in hope that something will go in a different direction.

L2 does not bother them, Non league would not bother them, Butts or Nuneatons ground which have already been looked at are an option for them if the playing side of the business gets worse. Im not paying any money into the club as i dont live in the UK, but if i was in in the UK would pick the games i wanted to see. So i never refused to pay? I also have never ridiculed anyone who goes or anyone who boycotts for that matter, my opinion is not to persuade either way that is upto the individual.

I don't disagree that Sisu have managed us horrendously, my point is more that every club, in fact every business, should at least be running at break even. The fact they have got us to that (or close to as we still rely on sales) is one positive in a massive pile of shit. At least if we are ever sold it provides a decent foundation to rebuild.

Astute

In terms of wins and possibly even goals scored we are probably the least successful team out of the 92 over the last 50 years. Add to that ten years of Sisu I think it is understandable why some people have had enough. It's a leisure activity, it is meant to be fun. Put any other set of fans in the situation that we have been in for 50 years the attendances wouldn't be much different.
Football is supposed to be fun?

Most of the time I am pissed off because we are losing. The rest of the time I am shitting myself expecting the other team to equalise no matter how many goals we are ahead.

Liquid Gold

Football is supposed to be fun?

Most of the time I am pissed off because we are losing. The rest of the time I am shitting myself expecting the other team to equalise no matter how many goals we are ahead.
It's most fun when you're to pissed to know what's going on.

Astute

To be clear, I have no issues with picking and choosing games. I do it myself as my circumstances mean I can only come back to Coventry every few weeks. It's just people doing NOPM still to "get rid of Sisu". Everyone has a right to do what they want just think it's a pointless exercise and only depriving themselves.
I see quite a few people saying about others being incolved in NOPM. Can't remember the last time someone said that they don't go for that reason though.

NorthernWisdom

I see quite a few people saying about others being incolved in NOPM. Can't remember the last time someone said that they don't go for that reason though.
There's the odd nutter on here and other message boards. Danger is, I suppose, that people see the noise and shouting and think it's more important than it is... which is why it always has to be pointed out (as you have) that most people don't go just because it's shit!

Chipfat

I don't disagree that Sisu have managed us horrendously, my point is more that every club, in fact every business, should at least be running at break even. The fact they have got us to that (or close to as we still rely on sales) is one positive in a massive pile of shit. At least if we are ever sold it provides a decent foundation to rebuild.

Im with you Mark, i understand the running within its means but these have no plan to run it within its means to promote or encourage fans to back them. If they got in the top 5 at Christmas and they backed the manager to push on to gain promotion, then i would be giving them credit but they now have stated the goal of ownership. They are running this club because it strengthens a potential court case, not due to gaining stability to run a successful team and club. And that hurts fans and will ultimately hurt the club if it can be hurt anymore than it already has.

Nick

Administrator
A few pages back where adge said he won't go and give ccfc any money...

When people say straight up they can't be bothered, rubbish football etc nobody seems to have an issue and understand.

Adge

What's that actually got to do with what he posted?

Its just aimless rants, thrown in irony and hypocrisy and it seems to be quite common. What's the point?

Trying to give it the "wake up and smell the coffee" stuff after going on about how you aren't going to give the club any money not long after doing that very thing.
What's that got to do with what he actually posted? He said that a self sufficient business plan that needed readdressing because of a shortfall (own mismanagement) is good business sense,which of course it is. Did I not agree with this? Sisu have arrived at this platform because there is no other option.
Also regarding "not giving the club any money" I said that I would give them minimal money if required if there is no other option.
Just wondered if you were going to Grimsby? We are running a mini-bus £20. Myself and Juggy will be on it so if you like you can give him a back pat or me if you prefer-another favourite one of yours that you like to refer to now and again.
Pat on the back for you for sir for letting me express my views on your forum.:emoji_thumbsup:

Liquid Gold

What's that got to do with what he actually posted? He said that a self sufficient business plan that needed readdressing because of a shortfall (own mismanagement) is good business sense,which of course it is. Did I not agree with this? Sisu have arrived at this platform because there is no other option.
Also regarding "not giving the club any money" I said that I would give them minimal money if required if there is no other option.
Just wondered if you were going to Grimsby? We are running a mini-bus £20. Myself and Juggy will be on it so if you like you can give him a back pat or me if you prefer-another favourite one of yours that you like to refer to now and again.
Pat on the back for you for sir for letting me express my views on your forum.:emoji_thumbsup:
Locked in a bus with you and Juggy for 3 hours.

Sounds like a fucking riot. SISU will have faked the moon landings by the end of it.

Astute

Locked in a bus with you and Juggy for 3 hours.

Sounds like a fucking riot. SISU will have faked the moon landings by the end of it.
3 hours to Grimsby?

They must be driving in reverse.

mark82

There's the odd nutter on here and other message boards. Danger is, I suppose, that people see the noise and shouting and think it's more important than it is... which is why it always has to be pointed out (as you have) that most people don't go just because it's shit!

Yep, that's fair. It's certainly the minority now but they can be quite vocal. Facebook and the CET are more rife with them than here.

The club really should be doing more to win those fans back that started as NOPM but have now just found other stuff to do with their weekend.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure yet, I'll drive if I do though. Not sure why I'd pay to listen to people talk nonsense and contradict themselves constantly. ;)

Adge

Not sure yet, I'll drive if I do though. Not sure why I'd pay to listen to people talk nonsense and contradict themselves constantly. ;)
Come on board-it'll pass the time on the way! :emoji_thumbsup:

Nick

Administrator
Come on board-it'll pass the time on the way! :emoji_thumbsup:
That's what Spotify is for ;) nonsense free. Can always get a jackanory downloaded to replicate the fictional stuff if I really feel the need.

Fair play for putting the buses on though! (Not sarcasm)

Last edited:

ccfcway

Not convinced anyone who misses ccfc games in the past decade can be classed as "deprived". If anything, they are the lucky ones

Adge

That's what Spotify is for ;) nonsense free. Can always get a jackanory downloaded to replicate the fictional stuff if I really feel the need.

Fair play for putting the buses on though! (Not sarcasm)
Indeed! To be fair it is/what has been missing in the Leam/Warwick/Stratford area as again the potential fan base is there too. Not in Stratford though, nothing but Villa and Blues around here.:banghead:

Sky Blue Dal

So what's your expectations then?

Like yours ..promotion. The support would really matter when going for that final push for promotion. I have become sick and tired of keep seeing every season the club in a strong position before Christmas and then switching off after when it really matters. It become a bloody curse.

If Robins can manage to break that then with my life experience of supporting City, watch how the crowds will start flocking in.

Btw .. Last season was an exception... we were rooted at the bottom from start to finish.

ccfcway

So your issue is with the vocal minority ?. If you think it's depriving themselves, what can we do to get back the thousands that have deprived themselves over the past few years by walking away ?

Sky Blue Dal

I get that point. But if we were around the fringes, or dare I say it, near the top in say end November/December and you exercised your absolute right not to buy, then there still would be no extra income to help that January push! Maddingly frustrating, when it becomes classic chicken and egg.....

PUSB

I get your point on the income BUT I just don't get excited about how well we are doing before November/December because I have a feeling when come after January for some reason our wheels fall off and its just heart shattering and frustrating knowing we just going through that groundhog season again. We just don't seem to hold onto our good momentum after a nice christmas lunch.
I am hoping from New years we will still be aiming automatic promotion and still going strong. I for one will be there supporting the lads for there great effort.

Like I said I am holding on to hope and that this season is ours.

Ashdown

Desperately want the club to succeed but have got out of the habit now and think that the match day prices are too much for this League. The overall experience at the Ricoh for me is now poor, that stadium needs a good crowd to generate atmosphere and the stewarding is irritating. I might select a few away games for the day out but still maintain a loathing for SISU and it puts a stain on the whole experience.
If we got new and transparent owners I'd up my attendance !

Users who are viewing this thread