Get that clown out of goal (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

The summer we need to spend decent money on a top keeper. Wilson and Moore need to move on. Collins I am not sure is the future either. We need a Viktor Johansson type of player.
Nah let's not both keeper this. Collins has been decent, the stats back this up, Wilsons fan club just choose to ignore what's right in front of them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

He couldn't get in the Barnsley team last year.

He's probably a little bit better than Wilson if that. If you are miles better than a keeper in a play off finalist team then you should be playing in the premier league.

Collins has player over 200 league games and is 5 years younger than Wilson

At his age wilson played less than 30 and was dumped out to Telford

There’s zero comparison.

Sick Boy

He couldn't get in the Barnsley team last year.

He's probably a little bit better than Wilson if that. If you are miles better than a keeper in a play off finalist team then you should be playing in the premier league.
He was Barnsley's keeper when they were in the Championship playoffs back in 2021.

pusbccfc

TomRad85

Not miles. He flaps at everything. He's yet to make a big mistake is coming.
Yes miles. Collins is a Championship level keeper, Wilson is a clown who should have spent his whole career league 2 or below.

pusbccfc

Yes miles. Collins is a Championship level keeper, Wilson is a clown who should have spent his whole career league 2 or below.

Collins is ok, not much more to it. He's conceded a lot of goals since coming in.

He's better than Wilson, but still not that good.

Grendel

Again, playing devil's advocate but when did Collins last keep a clean sheet?

Whats Reice Charles-Cooke doing these days?

pusbccfc

Wilson kept a clean sheet against Stoke because he stood there doing nothing all game.

Sure.

But it's funny how suddenly a Collins is incredible after Wilson makes mistakes.

They are both bang average or even below.

SBT

Again, playing devil's advocate but when did Collins last keep a clean sheet?
I swear to god, the fact that our team kept so many clean sheets last season, while playing an extremely cautious safety-first system that was almost tailor-made to minimise the stress on the keeper, has just completely broken the brains of many people when it comes to how to evaluate our keepers.

Nick

Administrator
Sure.

But it's funny how suddenly a Collins is incredible after Wilson makes mistakes.

They are both bang average or even below.

Not saying Collins is incredible, he's better than Wilson.
Same as Bidwell is better than DaSilva.

TomRad85

I swear to god, the fact that our team kept so many clean sheets last season, while playing an extremely cautious safety-first system that was almost tailor-made to minimise the stress on the keeper, has just completely broken the brains of many people when it comes to how to evaluate our keepers.
Nailed it

Nick

Administrator
Depends if you consider Bidwell a great player and think Collins is a great player?

They are both better than the other options that we have. Hence I said better than the others, rather than "They are world class players"

TomRad85

Sure. That's why I was playing devil's advocate.

Still, I'd be surprised if Collins keeps more than 2 clean sheets for the rest of the season, including Monday.
Are you broken?

Users who are viewing this thread