Gk for Peterborough (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

According to Facebook. Lee Burge is starting today. Family/friend saying they are looking forward to seeing him play his first league game.

I'm not surprised, why Alsop is not to blame entirely for the defence his lack of ownership of the box does enthrall confidence in the defence

ccfcway

just watched back the Oldham goals, lets just say Allsopp doesnt exactly cover himself in glory !

skybluepm2

I'm all for this even though what I've seen this season from Burge hasn't been overly impressive. However, Allsop is a disaster and I can't see us renewing once his deal expires in January. Perhaps a prolonged run in the team will instill him with confidence. Hopefully it will be a gamble that pays off, particularly as they seem him as our long term number 1.

In Allsop's defence though, he has been exposed on a number of occasions at late. There should not be anywhere near as many 1 on 1's as there has been!

Otis

I'm all for this even though what I've seen this season from Burge hasn't been overly impressive. However, Allsop is a disaster and I can't see us renewing once his deal expires in January. Perhaps a prolonged run in the team will instill him with confidence. Hopefully it will be a gamble that pays off, particularly as they seem him as our long term number 1.

In Allsop's defence though, he has been exposed on a number of occasions at late. There should not be anywhere near as many 1 on 1's as there has been!

It's true the back four have let him down on a number of occasions, but still, he doesn't command the 6 yard box and looks really poor in dealing with crosses.

Burge may be a little too raw to, to take on the mantle. Think we need to bring in an experienced keeper to be first choice here.

Last edited:

skybluepm2

It's true the back four have let him down on a number of occasions, but still, he doesn't command the 6 yard box and looks really poor in dealing with crosses.

Burge may be a little too raw to. Think we need to bring in an experienced keeper to be first choice here.

Agreed. Nothing stopping us getting in an experienced head now rather than just making do with Allsop and waiting until January when we will probably have pissed away any chance of the play offs. A goalkeeping line up of Burge and Charles-Cook is as you say far too raw!

stupot07

Burge may be a little too raw to. Think we need to bring in an experienced keeper to be first choice here.

Agreed, need a more experienced keeper. The Exeter game didn't fill me with an confidence in Burge either. Kept rushing out of his goal, handled out of the box, lucky not get pulled up for that on 2 other occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Chez78

The keeper has been getting way to much stick IMO, that said the goals against Oldham his positioning was bloody terrible. At the moment i'd prefer to hear we tackling the piss poor defence, Webster & Clarke have both been terrible we concede really basic goals and this just has to stop.

We're all having a go at Pressley and in all fairness he really does need to look at changing some of his ways but the players he's putting on the pitch need to stand up and take some responsibility.

LJC_CCFC

What games have you been watching? Back four...I wish.

Otis

Yeah. I am so much older than you and for most of my life it was always a back four.

In the words of Mike Bassett, 4-4, fooking 2.

robbiethemole

Yeah. I am so much older than you and for most of my life it was always a back four.

In the words of Mike Bassett, 4-4, fooking 2.

Yep, just like most of the teams in the Prem play, but fook it, we're CCFC and the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Terry Gibson's perm

Although the back 5/7 have let him down the is allowed to save things and he doesn't seem to have grasped that yet. As a few have said we may as well invest time in our own player than a player from our parent club!

Users who are viewing this thread