GMK down again? (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Tried having a quick browse of GMK only for it not to load at all anyone else having problems with GMK, im not a poster on their but like to read some of the threads from time to time.

hackneyfox

Falls over as soon as it gets a bit busy.

They were as cynical as you lot about the conference.

Nick

Administrator
I think you just have to have breathed in Coventry air to turn into a cynic! :claping hands:

Coventry La La La

goes down every time it gets busy

Just checked SBT users 179 online ( including guests ) and it still runs as smoothly as always. Im sure you GMK users must get annoyed everytime something bigs happening in the world of CCFC ur site goes down with the increased traffic. :(

Paxman II

Can't bash the old family but how frustrating is that to be down again when you want it most? Sad to see my old hang out in such a state of play.
Thank goodness for this site!

Paxman II

A bit like this new lot at the press conference today....all rhetoric but the truth is still unclear and if a sensible offer came in to fix things like CCFC they would probably turn it down..ultimately ending up in admin LoL :)

SkyBlueScottie

Cov La la la dont fall into the trap of making it a comp, stating facts or whatever you want to call it, yes GMK gave thi site a bit of stick but I think this site and Nick have handled it brilliantly, the attitude of gmk stucnk and I lost of respect them therefore have not visited as much and stuck here.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not making it a competition just stateing a fact. :thinking about:

I know, but we are all city fans at the end of the day.

If it was a Leicester or Villa board it would be funny but when it comes to it on a Saturday we all want the same thing.

Coventry La La La

Cov La la la dont fall into the trap of making it a comp, stating facts or whatever you want to call it, yes GMK gave thi site a bit of stick but I think this site and Nick have handled it brilliantly, the attitude of gmk stucnk and I lost of respect them therefore have not visited as much and stuck here.

Sorry I have realised my mistake and won't make it again.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

I see what ur saying but I was simply implieing when I created the message I did not mean it to cause competition but it obviously looks like that looking back at it. Thats the last thing I wanted the message to imply

I didn't think there was anything wrong with your post. I was actually defending it.

I don't think it's right to slag GMK off just for the sake of it, but a little to-and-fro will do no harm.

Coventry La La La

I didn't think there was anything wrong with your post. I was actually defending it.

I don't think it's right to slag GMK off just for the sake of it, but a little to-and-fro will do no harm.

I try my best not to slag off GMK as alot of descent cov fans use that forum. If me or Nick started slagging them off im sure they would see it as a turf war again but anyone else can say what the feck they like about GMK

Nick

Administrator
Of course people will have their opinions but it just turns into a bit of a slanging match that is all..

rob9872

Tbf what they do is pretty decent with only a 56k dial up modem

Cov4

GMK is absolute shite, i used to love it but a website that can't be read is useless, i don't see the point in pretending otherwise. I am sure Knowl is a nice bloke e.t.c. but his website is gash. If the people running the thing genuinely intended to get it back on form they would have done so months ago.

ccfcway

it lost me a couple of weeks ago.

This forum stays up, has great mods and a arcade..

I'm here to stay.

GaryPendrysEyes

1. Every site has a handful of 'bots' or spiders pouring over threads-- as part of search engine indexing etc. I very much doubt there is anything untoward on GMK re 'malicious bots'
2. Its clear the GMK hosting is chronically processor/memory underpowered-- so it slows to a snail under load-- then the database starts falling over (probably timing out connections)
3. They need to re-host it!

Having said all that-- it is a very good site, with an edge and dry humour that this one probably lacks---at the moment.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest, I have said it is the hosting on numerous occasions paired with buggy software but I always got told to shut up pretty much :)

The main issue is that they don't want to spend any money on it and rely on people doing favours.

Knowl seems to have passed on my opinions about it though so fingers crossed.

Great_Expectations

It was down for me earlier too - this is my new home now anyway.

GMK pushed me away somewhat with the attitude shown towards Nick when it was first back up and running a few days ago, some petty remarks and a very hostile atmosphere in which Nick handled himself well. Such a disappointing thing to see from a site I have used everyday for years.

Users who are viewing this thread