GMK Glitch or GMK Gone? (3 Viewers)

Skyblue4u

Would be a good idea for somebody to set up a temporary account at www.proboards.com to keep everybody in one place while the work on the new home is finished. That way people could be updated with the progress and they can still function as a forum. Would be a shame to see GMK lose members and disappear forever

Nick

Administrator
It has hosting ready, a simple forum platform could be installed on that within 15 minutes!

Sbarcher

I understand they are negotiating with the Cobblers to use some of their pages.......

L

limoncello

I've got to say it's much better now it's gone invite only. Less of the riff-raff.

steveo1987

Nick can you have a board on sbt just titled "the gmk refugee board?"
Spoke to knowl Saturday, his man does the site for free and he doesn't want to pester him.

Nick

Administrator
Nick can you have a board on sbt just titled "the gmk refugee board?"
Spoke to knowl Saturday, his man does the site for free and he doesn't want to pester him.

Can just mingle in with everybody else, everybody will want their own section then!

If you speak to him, tell him to drop me a PM / Email and I am happy to help.

As said though, just get a proper forum package like this which is free - http://www.mybb.com/

Happy to help get it up and running, might not be able to get all of the logins and old content back though as it was using something custom so there won't be a converter for it.

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

Why don't you just all come on here. Face it mate the site is beyond repair.

It's been a bloody menace for ages.

I have loyalty to old past-it things though ;) When I moved away to London GMK was my contact with my home... and who could forget fred scuttle and fat alice, and the fact this was the first impression of the Sky Blues other fans on Rivals got ;)

And Nev wrote a decent article or two, got up the nose of McGinnity, a crazy crazy idea to try and sue him that meant the official ccfc forums had to close, as they were *far* worse in their insults of old red nose and the unimpeachables!

Smiles and his enigmatic unintelligible ramblings always stretched my brain, and then there was the shock that Rob87 may have wound me up on message boards with a stubborn relentlessness, but IRL he was actually... OK:eek:

So it's like my old cat. Past it, creaking, but can't really put it down and neglect it because it still makes me smile.

Was also a shame to have Rivals cut off its supply, then the first database crash, as it stopped a load of quoting back at people with hilarious results ;)

And a special shout-out for MainStandNoel looking into Stephen Hughes's eyes, along with the shock that westterrace2 turned out to be real!

Grendel

like some posters on here

True but it will create a better balance. It might make some on here realise that the majority of fans don't spend their lives wedged up the councils rectum .

L

limoncello

But his productivity's increased 10 fold. Swings and see saws.

ccfctommy

It's been a bloody menace for ages.

I have loyalty to old past-it things though ;) When I moved away to London GMK was my contact with my home... and who could forget fred scuttle and fat alice, and the fact this was the first impression of the Sky Blues other fans on Rivals got ;)

And Nev wrote a decent article or two, got up the nose of McGinnity, a crazy crazy idea to try and sue him that meant the official ccfc forums had to close, as they were *far* worse in their insults of old red nose and the unimpeachables!

Smiles and his enigmatic unintelligible ramblings always stretched my brain, and then there was the shock that Rob87 may have wound me up on message boards with a stubborn relentlessness, but IRL he was actually... OK:eek:

So it's like my old cat. Past it, creaking, but can't really put it down and neglect it because it still makes me smile.

Was also a shame to have Rivals cut off its supply, then the first database crash, as it stopped a load of quoting back at people with hilarious results ;)

And a special shout-out for MainStandNoel looking into Stephen Hughes's eyes, along with the shock that westterrace2 turned out to be real!

Whatever happened to Nev? Didn't the club once tried to sue him?

L

limoncello

Merked.

What's with this 10 character nonsense? The vast majority of my finest put-downs are less than 10 characters.

Users who are viewing this thread