Gmk (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I tried to get on GMK a few months ago but as my kids said i was not tech savvy they would do it. Well it made me laugh as they tried everything to set a account up and failed, i had all ready understood it is a closed shop and unless you think like them, they do not want to know. They are a bit set in their views and totaly out of touch with the majority of fans.

Michael's survey suggests their views are far more representative of true supporters than the majority on here.

steveo1987

I tried to get on GMK a few months ago but as my kids said i was not tech savvy they would do it. Well it made me laugh as they tried everything to set a account up and failed, i had all ready understood it is a closed shop and unless you think like them, they do not want to know. They are a bit set in their views and totaly out of touch with the majority of fans.

The views are more pragmatic rather than confrontational making debates more balanced.

Grendel

usskyblue

You have possibly unintentionally tried to log in more than once in five hours. Please wait five hours and try again.

TurkeyTrot

It isn't a very popular forum compared to this one..

Skyblues talk now :
There are currently 283 users browsing this forum. (48 members & 235 guests)

GMK now:
Active users: 12
captain_mainwairing | Christonabike | Knowl | Lordsummerisle | matesy | Mole | skybluecanary | sternslovchild | Sutty | texasholdem | TheCoach | usskyblue
Legend: Administrator | System Administrator
Active guests: 24
Based on the number of users active in the last 15 minutes.

Good god, usskyblue, last time I saw him was in the Parkgate bumming fags if I remember right, Skybluecanary must be in his eighties now, I reckon he died about 2 year ago, hasn't been found and is still logged in. Christonabike won't be sober FACT! But it's nice to see matesy finally worked out how to spell his own name correctly.

Astute

Michael's survey suggests their views are far more representative of true supporters than the majority on here.

What are you doing on here then?

Or is it you would just disagree with whatever they think on there?

M&B Stand

The way I read it on GMK, people have no time for sisu but disaprove the way council/ACL seem to see the club as a cash cow.
It's a popular viewpoint, albeit not on here.

hill83

The irony is so strong in this post there isn't a creased shirt within the Coventry boundary.

Grendel

The way I read it on GMK, people have no time for sisu but disaprove the way council/ACL seem to see the club as a cash cow.

That's about right.

sky blue john

you all seems keen to join a forum that you all slate. seems odd.

Maybe just the ones that like to fish !!
Just like the GMK users that come over here fishing it should be aloud to work both ways.

But as an overall opinion in terms of our fan base GMK users are negligible. The only reason they are united in their beliefs is that they can all fit in a telephone box !!!

Domo

Maybe just the ones that like to fish !!
Just like the GMK users that come over here fishing it should be aloud to work both ways.

But as an overall opinion in terms of our fan base GMK users are negligible. The only reason they are united in their beliefs is that they can all fit in a telephone box !!!

dont think its about fishing at all, i'm logged into lots of cov forums, not for fishing per say, just to read - SBT isnt better just because its larger thanGMK - population doesnt equal superiority.

Astute

And for a very good reason.

CCC ACL and Higg's all publish their accounts. Incidently the absolute opposite of SISUE. None of these have taken money out of the arena. So I don't understand how anyone can accuse them of treating the arena as a cash cow.

Yet the same people that accuse them of using the arena as a cash cow also accuse them of propping up the arena with taxpayers money :thinking about: So which way is it?

Astute

dont think its about fishing at all, i'm logged into lots of cov forums, not for fishing per say, just to read - SBT isnt better just because its larger thanGMK - population doesnt equal superiority.

But a large amount that used to use GMK are now on here. Myself included. If GMK was as good as you say we would still be on there. It used to be a good site. It went seriously downhill when Smiles left.

jimmyhillsfanclub

And for a very good reason.

CCC ACL and Higg's all publish their accounts. Incidently the absolute opposite of SISUE. None of these have taken money out of the arena. So I don't understand how anyone can accuse them of treating the arena as a cash cow.

Yet the same people that accuse them of using the arena as a cash cow also accuse them of propping up the arena with taxpayers money :thinking about: So which way is it?

He said "ACL/CCC see the CLUB as a cash cow"....the arena is merely the instrument they use (or used to) to milk it...

Astute

He said "ACL/CCC see the CLUB as a cash cow"....the arena is merely the instrument they use (or used to) to milk it...

Is that including where our club could play there for free this season and for 100k for the next two seasons? If so are we treated as a herd of cash cows by Northampton?

Cityfan1

Is that including where our club could play there for free this season and for 100k for the next two seasons? If so are we treated as a herd of cash cows by Northampton?
And why not Northampton have no affinity towards us where as our beloved council are supposed to.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I was actually just pointing out where you got yourself a little confused by mis-reading M&B stands post.

But in response to you later point, I think the latest rent level offers etc. are more than acceptable (especially in the short-term) & any reasonable person would move back in a shot.....

I think M&B stand was talking more of the previous rent levels which were, IMHO, exploitative of CCFC.....hence the cash cow label.

Domo

But a large amount that used to use GMK are now on here. Myself included. If GMK was as good as you say we would still be on there. It used to be a good site. It went seriously downhill when Smiles left.

I didnt say GMK was better than SBT - im just saying population doesnt mean 'better' - i only prefer GMK personally because it may be smaller, it does give character, and a sense of personality, rather than speaking to 1000's and having treads with 50 or so pages.

perhaps i blame myself for my level of reading? i dont see anything wrong with SBT at all, its just personal preference i guess?

NorthernWisdom

That was as much usability though.

tbf not surprised though, had plenty of people insulting me for not going to games and not putting money in SISU's pockets back in the day, while also being regularly insulted for pointing out they were a hedge fund, in it for profit!

Last edited:

John_Silletts_Nose

The original reason for this thread was to highlight to GMK Admin that the forum was not allowing returning old members or new members to join due to the system not working properly (and has not done so for many months)

It was not a criticism of the posters or the forum other than it had become a closed shop rather than an open forum.

It was a decent forum when run by Neville and Smiles.

Domo

appolgises for running off course john, i obviously didnt get 'anti-freedom of speech' memo. ;)

steveo1987

The original reason for this thread was to highlight to GMK Admin that the forum was not allowing returning old members or new members to join due to the system not working properly (and has not done so for many months)

It was not a criticism of the posters or the forum other than it had become a closed shop rather than an open forum.

It was a decent forum when run by Neville and Smiles.

Its still decent.

Astute

I was actually just pointing out where you got yourself a little confused by mis-reading M&B stands post.

But in response to you later point, I think the latest rent level offers etc. are more than acceptable (especially in the short-term) & any reasonable person would move back in a shot.....

I think M&B stand was talking more of the previous rent levels which were, IMHO, exploitative of CCFC.....hence the cash cow label.

But as I said how could it have been treated like a cash cow when no money has been taken out? The original loan was taken out when interest rates were much higher. Hence the higher rent needed. It was a new place so there was no other income at the time either.

hill83

I was a poster on there for years, but now there's about 10 people and it's too slow.

Users who are viewing this thread