Goal Line Technology (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Goal line technology needs to be introduced in the lower leagues, I have no idea why it is only used in the top division

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Isn't it down to the fact the clubs pay for it themselves or something along those lines and the fact some lower league stadiums are too small to accommodate bits?

Remember watching the sky documentary on Bournemouth on the build up to this season & they had to take seats out and have a fair bit of work done to get all the stuff required in.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Should be introduced from premiership down to league 2 at least. Unless we ever get relegated to the conference, then it should be in that league too :D

It does give the premiership an unfair advantage over the lower leagues, without doubt.

Out of interest, do we k ow what leagues use it abroad?

Sbarcher

I have very good eyesight and could be called upon at every instance CCFC need a decision. Anything over the half way line would do it for me......

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Did anyone see the brief interview with the Sheff Utd keeper on the pitch after the game? Was asked about the ball over the line incident, his response and body language told you all you need to know. Something along the lines of 'No, no, ball was never over the line so a great decision by the referee' before he half smirks and the camera cuts to Billy Sharp.

mechaishida

Cost will be the major issue. It'll only be introduced once the Football League or FA pay for it.

It's a necessary requirement for the top 4 tiers of English Football, in my opinion anyway.

Better still, introduce AI refs and linos, no more pompous arses playing silly bastards with a whistle.

shmmeee

the fact some lower league stadiums are too small to accommodate bits?

Remember watching the sky documentary on Bournemouth on the build up to this season & they had to take seats out and have a fair bit of work done to get all the stuff required in.

What frickin system are they using? Most just use the ball, the goal frame and a watch for the ref plus some DSP on a server somewhere.

See: http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/iis/en/doc/lv/ok/GoalRef_Flyer_en.pdf

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

You sure that's not for offside tech or the ProZone stuff? Would make sense for them. Who knows.

Possibly watched it a few months back when the little lad was kicking off at 4am so I am more than likely wrong.

Either way I do agree goal line technology should be implemented at all games in top 4 tiers and not through funding from the FA & FL.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did anyone see the brief interview with the Sheff Utd keeper on the pitch after the game? Was asked about the ball over the line incident, his response and body language told you all you need to know. Something along the lines of 'No, no, ball was never over the line so a great decision by the referee' before he half smirks and the camera cuts to Billy Sharp.

It wasn't just a half smirk, he said sarcastically it was a great decision by the linesman and then moved his eyebrows up and down with a big grin on his face.

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't just a half smirk, he said sarcastically it was a great decision by the linesman and then moved his eyebrows up and down with a big grin on his face.
Yeah he clearly knew it was over. As did our players who wheeled off in celebration

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wasn't there a goal at home to sheff U about 4 years ago which caused a massive debate? The decision went on favour of Sheff but I can't remember which way round it was might have been a goal for them from a corner didn't appear to cross but was given? Just a memory randomly popped into my head.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wasn't there a goal at home to sheff U about 4 years ago which caused a massive debate? The decision went on favour of Sheff but I can't remember which way round it was might have been a goal for them from a corner didn't appear to cross but was given? Just a memory randomly popped into my head.

Or it may have been Martin Cranie for us!?

Gazolba

Everyone calls for goal-line technology when they score a disallowed goal but no-one calls for it when they concede a disallowed goal. That said, the rules should be the same for all divisions in the league.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Everyone calls for goal-line technology when they score a disallowed goal but no-one calls for it when they concede a disallowed goal. That said, the rules should be the same for all divisions in the league.

Same as when a referee is deemed not good enough for premier he's demoted to championship or league 1 or 2 he's either good enough to Ederle or he's not

Users who are viewing this thread