Goalkeepers (1 Viewer)

SBT

Moore is in awful form, despite looking good last season. Any other player in another position would have been dropped by now, were it not for his backup being dreadful in his own right.

We are about to get an injection of cash, pathetically small as it may be, and clearly a CB has to be the priority. But GKs are cheap and freely available - the list of unattached keepers with vague CCFC connections (Lee Camp! Ben Foster! Kieren Westwood!) is long enough to send the Facebook group wild with excitement. If we manage to shift Walker, Waghorn or Kane as well as Hyam, we may have room to do something.

So - do we throw a bit of cash at a stopgap solution? Persevere with Moore? Give Ben Wilson another go? Something else entirely? Oggy?

Grendel

No

Briles

Moore is in awful form, despite looking good last season. Any other player in another position would have been dropped by now, were it not for his backup being dreadful in his own right.

We are about to get an injection of cash, pathetically small as it may be, and clearly a CB has to be the priority. But GKs are cheap and freely available - the list of unattached keepers with vague CCFC connections (Lee Camp! Ben Foster! Kieren Westwood!) is long enough to send the Facebook group wild with excitement. If we manage to shift Walker, Waghorn or Kane as well as Hyam, we may have room to do something.

So - do we throw a bit of cash at a stopgap solution? Persevere with Moore? Give Ben Wilson another go? Something else entirely? Oggy?

Personally i don't think we throw what little cash we have at a position we know can be fine. He just needs some coaching and an arm round to get him back where he was. Today's 3 goals were just as much about shit defending as it was shit goalkeeping.

Brighton Sky Blue

Personally i don't think we throw what little cash we have at a position we know can be fine. He just needs some coaching and an arm round to get him back where he was. Today's 3 goals were just as much about shit defending as it was shit goalkeeping.

I’d say 70-30 in Moore’s direction

slowpoke

I’ve said in another thread Ben Foster is free and available and not a transfer so I think he can sign anytime, he’s local would be good for a year and could perhaps bring our reserve keepers on.

I like Simon Moore or did, thought he was good most of last season but his three basic goalkeeping mistakes leaves a big doubt for me in my opinion it’s cost us seven points.

Good goalkeepers ain’t cheap though wage wise probably just behind the centre-forward.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

None of the money we get for Hyam will be being used to bring players in. If we're lucky he'll be allowed to use the wages on a loan, but don't count on it.

Perryccfc

Moore’s form is temporary for me. I do think he needs to be dropped, but he will be number 1 for me this season

Tommo1993

If Moore drops another massive clanger on Wednesday then, oh shit.

If Wilson is brought in and drops a clanger, then, oh shit.

What are we supposed to do? I wouldn’t be going after Foster either.

shepardo01

Unfortunately "fine" every 4/5 games is not really good enough.
He was dropped at the end of last season - question marks over general goalkeeping - getting beaten very easily (Fulham the exception - but that was the one every 4/5 games)
Not confident in Wilson over an extended period.
He needs to see what is available- and personally I hope he does.

slowpoke

I think it is possible MR will bring in Wilson for Moore for the PNE match but has to be short term, Wilson has done okay but certainly not a long term answer.

CBS16

Pathetic window so far. Amount of fans creaming over the fact we havent sold 3 key players that all have 2 years or more remaining is ridiculous. We've lost 3 integral defenders from last season, and brought in 3 young unproven loan players, only 1 of which robins trusts to start. Palmer on a freebie. We've cleared wages from Jodi Jones, Shipley and Da Costa, with maatsen JCS and Hyam all leaving the wage bill. We've record Season ticket and shirt sales and a high finish last season. We've stood still and that will be punished over the next few seasons as the already thin squads contracts run down with no succession planning. The pitch situation was naive but the footballing side has been piss poor from the club this summer. Tightarse summer from Boddy and co, whether it's there fault or Sisus they need to fix it by the end of the window. Long term you get out what you put in, and that's fuck all from Sisu

CBS16

Pathetic window so far. Amount of fans creaming over the fact we havent sold 3 key players that all have 2 years or more remaining is ridiculous. We've lost 3 integral defenders from last season, and brought in 3 young unproven loan players, only 1 of which robins trusts to start. Palmer on a freebie. We've cleared wages from Jodi Jones, Shipley and Da Costa, with maatsen JCS and Hyam all leaving the wage bill. We've record Season ticket and shirt sales and a high finish last season. We've stood still and that will be punished over the next few seasons as the already thin squads contracts run down with no succession planning. The pitch situation was naive but the footballing side has been piss poor from the club this summer. Tightarse summer from Boddy and co, whether it's there fault or Sisus they need to fix it by the end of the window. Long term you get out what you put in, and that's fuck all from Sisu
Just realised it's a goalkeeper thread sorry guys 😂
Hopefully Moore can turn a corner, however if we had the budget no doubt Robins would be looking at replacements. We don't though so we've just gotta hope he's not Budge 2.0

Londonccfcfan

Some one somewhere had a stat that goals conceded out of nowhere we towards top of the lost last season. With limited consistent pressure on our own goal we would concede a goal put of nowhere.

Not sure if this was the expected goals against stat.

pusbccfc

I'd love to get Foster but even if he offered to play on the cheap (not out of the equation considering where he lives), he comes with too much baggage. Robins' wouldn't want that.

Users who are viewing this thread