Godden (1 Viewer)

ms639

The bloke has come in for a bit of stick this season and yea he hasn’t been as deadly but I firmly believe that’s because he’s been asked to play a very specific role.

He runs and runs and time and again he makes that run knowing he is never getting the ball but it opens the space for vik to run into.

The bloke could easily be on 5/6 more goals, there have been a number of times that Vik could have played him in this season but has decided to go alone. MG is playing extremely unselfishly this season and doing what he has to do which allows Vik to shine.

His finish today was exquisite and the little flick on for sheaf to grab the second was , unlucky to not get MOTM for his 2nd half performance in my eyes.

Reality is we may well not have a 20 goal a season striker next year but Godden knows where the goal is and provided he stays fit I’d definitely be happy with him in the side next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Here we go again...

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The bloke has come in for a bit of stick this season and yea he hasn’t been as deadly but I firmly believe that’s because he’s been asked to play a very specific role.

He runs and runs and time and again he makes that run knowing he is never getting the ball but it opens the space for vik to run into.

The bloke could easily be on 5/6 more goals, there have been a number of times that Vik could have played him in this season but has decided to go alone. MG is playing extremely unselfishly this season and doing what he has to do which allows Vik to shine.

His finish today was exquisite and the little flick on for sheaf to grab the second was
emoji91.png
, unlucky to not get MOTM for his 2nd half performance in my eyes.

Reality is we may well not have a 20 goal a season striker next year but Godden knows where the goal is and provided he stays fit I’d definitely be happy with him in the side next season.

People need ask themselves, would Walker have scored that Godden goal today.

skyblu3sk

Godden hasn't been in games at all since he came back. I thought today was the first time I've seen him put some effort in for ages (after the first 30 mins). Took his goal well too.

Nuskyblue

Honestly I'm shocked, he's looked awful in some matches.
weve looked dreadful in large portions of most matches this year IMO. We properly grind out our results when we get them, last year we flattered to deceive, played well and then seemed to get sucker punched. I guess Goddens stats are a reflection on that, he still is effective if not prolific

rexo87

Godden hasn't been in games at all since he came back. I thought today was the first time I've seen him put some effort in for ages (after the first 30 mins). Took his goal well too.
One thing I would never question is his effort tbh. Thought it was like playing with 10 men first half but fair play managed to affect the game a lot more second half. Still don't see why Walker has played about 5 mins since his very good performance against Blackpool

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

fatso

One thing I would never question is his effort tbh. Thought it was like playing with 10 men first half but fair play managed to affect the game a lot more second half. Still don't see why Walker has played about 5 mins since his very good performance against Blackpool

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
It's because Walker is shite.
There, now you understand.

fatso

The one really memorable moment from today's game was a goal of the season contender from Godden, the guy makes selfless runs to drag defenders out of position, but suffers as playing 2 upfront leaves us with no natural link player to cary the ball forward (without O'hare, Palmer or Allen)
To constantly read negative posts about Godden from people who have zero tactical insight gets tiresome. He sacrifices his own goal tally to try and offer the team an option that isn't his natural game. And but for a piss poor referee, we'd of got the 3 points.
When Gyoketes inevitably moves on, we'll he glad he's still here to lead the line.

Last edited:

skyblu3sk

The one really memorable moment from today's game was a goal of the season contender from Godden, the guy makes selfless runs to drag defenders out of position, but suffers as playing 2 upfront leaves us with no natural link player to cary the ball forward (without O'hare, Palmer or Allen)
To constantly read negative posts about Godden from people who have zero tactical insight gets tiresome. He sacrifices his own goal tally to try and offer the team an option that isn't his natural game. And but for a piss poor referee, we'd of got the 3 points.
When Gyoketes inevitably moves on, we'll he glad he's still here to lead the line.
You mean like Gyok does week in week out? I think some of the frustration with Godden and Gyok playing together is they don't look like a great partnership and often look like 2 players playing there own game. That said Yesterday I thought they linked up a lot better a few flicks came off to create a few chances so maybe it's a time and trust thing. They seem constantly pissed off with each other they need to go on a booze filed weekend somewhere together and have a heart to heart... or a fight.

Cov kid 55

Although I think his impact in games has largely been minimal, I haven’t seen a lack of effort at all. At Swansea he worked hard to close down their defenders, as he does in most games.

Kilclines curly mullet

I do wonder bizarrely at it seems if Godden will do better next year without Gykores.

If we bring in a couple of forwards (minimum) then we may have a more balanced strike force as opposed to Gykores running the show.

Not a dig at Gykores I might add.

Last edited:

Matt smith

He won’t be leading the line when Vik goes he’s not good enough

Goal and assist on Monday credit where credit is due though

Malaka

His finish today was exquisite and the little flick on for sheaf to grab the second was , unlucky to not get MOTM for his 2nd half performance in my eyes.

Fit being the keyword in your post

Offhegoes

Godden has played best when operating as the lone front man, in League One with the box formation, and (when he was fit) back n the Championship. Godden, supported by O'Hare & Palmer next season wouldn't be too shabby, although if Vik goes then there will be a new first choice striker I am sure. Robin's persistence with playing him with Vik (and out of position) is because we have no AM's. Godden is a fox in the box, and a clever footballer. He's never going to look good chasing balls down and competing for flick-on's miles from the box.

Users who are viewing this thread