Transfer Rumour Godden (1 Viewer)

blunted

One year left on his contract. Don't think he will take a pay cut to play. Why would he? If MR thinks he should move on, we may have to subsidise a move.

CovLad94

Surely we could just terminate his contract of he wants the move, we wouldn't get alot for Godden anyway.

DrPoolittle

One of the fun transfer rumours from Portugal is that Sporting are interested in 2 x player part exchange deal for Gyokeres, allegedly offered by Chelsea

CCFCSteve

would you pay £500k for a 30+ player?

regardless, some of the chasing clubs don’t have £500k

I reckon he can score 20+ in league one. That’s worth £500k. He’s never relied on pace so if he stays fit he should have a good 3 years around that level

Mentioned before that Peterborough would be a good fit and as BSB mentioned, no reason he couldn’t be used as a part ex if they’re interested

SBT

Mentioned before that Peterborough would be a good fit and as BSB mentioned, no reason he couldn’t be used as a part ex if they’re interested
I really doubt they’ll be that stupid. If they are, we should offer them Josh McQuoid and Mohamed Coulibaly before we give them Godden.

alexccfc99

I reckon he can score 20+ in league one. That’s worth £500k. He’s never relied on pace so if he stays fit he should have a good 3 years around that level

Once went to one of those supporter clubs evenings in which Godden was interviewed and from what he said, even if Peterborough were interested he would have no desire to go back - Didn't really like it there

alexccfc99

One of the fun transfer rumours from Portugal is that Sporting are interested in 2 x player part exchange deal for Gyokeres, allegedly offered by Chelsea
Wouldn't that be typical - our sell on clause would be useless if Sporting got a smaller amount and two Chelsea rejects

Hopefully they wouldn't be silly enough to accept a small amount and two players who can't break into a mid table side when they could hold out for the money and get it

CCFCSteve

Once went to one of those supporter clubs evenings in which Godden was interviewed and from what he said, even if Peterborough were interested he would have no desire to go back - Didn't really like it there

I didn’t realise that. Just putting 2 and 2 together….and maybe getting 5 😊

DrPoolittle

Wouldn't that be typical - our sell on clause would be useless if Sporting got a smaller amount and two Chelsea rejects

Hopefully they wouldn't be silly enough to accept a small amount and two players who can't break into a mid table side when they could hold out for the money and get it
I tend to agree that it won’t happen.

but it’s a warning enough for those who are already mentally spending £12 million which the club hasn’t received and might not ever get

alexccfc99

I didn’t realise that. Just putting 2 and 2 together….and maybe getting 5 😊
Tbf you wouldn't unless you were there - he said something along the lines of "If you sign for Peterborough I wouldn't bother moving your family there and buying a house as the chances are you wouldn't be there for long" - Steve Evans was his manager there and he couldn't stand him and didn't seem too keen on Barry Fry either - Basically said it is a bit of a circus but for whatever reason, it just seems to suit them

Not the sort of signing Peterborough make anyway, they'll sign a youngster from a prem academy or non league and try to develop them

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm not sure part exchange deals are really a thing anymore are they?

Chelsea - you can have Gallagher and Jackson, who we value at £20m total We'll offer you £25m for Gyokeres. Coventry can have 15% of £5m profit :unsure: :oops:

fernandopartridge

I doubt they're going to want to pay the players anything like what Chelsea so it feels like a non-starter all round.

Mucca Mad Boys

My understanding is that I players offered in a part exchange have a value for transfer purposes so it shouldn’t circumvent paying us what is owed.

DrPoolittle

My understanding is that I players offered in a part exchange have a value for transfer purposes so it shouldn’t circumvent paying us what is owed.

Not necessarily true. It depends on what the contract says. Normally, a part exchange deal does circumvent pay on clauses, which is why some clubs opt for it. To avoid making more payments

WestEndAgro

As poor as Godden has been lately, he will score regularly at a lower level,
The X player thread will be busy.

Users who are viewing this thread