Transfer Rumour Godden (15 Viewers)

Samo

Yes, I know - they will just want the cash.

It’s the same reason you’d rather have a £20 note instead of £15 and a £5 Tesco voucher (I’m more of a Waitrose man, personally)
Show off!

pusbccfc

Genuinely think he would score loads in League 1 again

Offhegoes

Good club Charlton, and they've got Nathan Jones as manager now. I think they'll be a Promotion candidate next season.
Jones likes a physical side with plenty of balls into the box so I can imagine that would suit Godden.

Briles

surely he will go to Shrewsbury, with Kelly and Allen

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'll be honest at mot I was expecting a nominal fee of say 100k if Godden were to leave, if not free if we have a specific target in mind and need his wages.

skybluecam

Wouldn't that be typical - our sell on clause would be useless if Sporting got a smaller amount and two Chelsea rejects

Hopefully they wouldn't be silly enough to accept a small amount and two players who can't break into a mid table side when they could hold out for the money and get it
That wouldn't happen.

Players still have a value assigned to them in an exchange deal. We would then get the % of the overall value of the deal, not just the cash portion.

And it can even be beneficial for clubs to overvalue their players in such a deal (see the Barca - Juve Arthur/Pjanic farce) so maybe we'd benefit even more.

stevefloyd

I reckon he can score 20+ in league one. That’s worth £500k. He’s never relied on pace so if he stays fit he should have a good 3 years around that level

Mentioned before that Peterborough would be a good fit and as BSB mentioned, no reason he couldn’t be used as a part ex if they’re interested
Stay fit !!!! thats him knackered then

long way home

Im sure they will be more than a few L1 clubs interested in talking to him. Any sort of fee with the bonus of using the freed up wages would be very welcomed come summer.

Users who are viewing this thread