golden share (1 Viewer)

1940oldfive

does the golden share only apply to the league or is it applicable in non league?
only asking in the hope that when we go out of div. 2 sisu could lose it,or would the fl
make a special case for us.

stupot07

Football league only.If we get relegated from league two, The golden share would go back to the FL then be passed on to whoever got promoted, the golden share is about memebership in the football league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1940oldfive

Football league only.If we get relegated from league two, The golden share would go back to the FL then be passed on to whoever got promoted, the golden share is about memebership in the football league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
thanks for that, so there would be some crumbs of comfort should the worst happen

Astute

thanks for that, so there would be some crumbs of comfort should the worst happen
Not at all. If you are a league side you have a so called golden share. If you are not a league side you lose it. The share has no value. It can't be bought or sold.

Astute

But I suspect it would affect the value of ccfc significantly.
We are more or less worthless now. We will be once our training ground is sold. Non league clubs are run as a hobby. They are worthless. Our value would be the name only.

rupert_bear

Cheap to buy then ?
Remember we can lose this Golden Share if we can't demonstrate to the FL where our home games are to be played the season after next and it should be a 10 plan too. there is a cut off date for that.

Captain Dart

What happened to the bond the EFL asked for for the owners to prove their stated intent about a new ground was genuine?

Did that lapse when the club returned to Coventry? I don't think any money was ever deposited to cover the agreement, it was just a contractual/league issue.

Coventry City head for Northampton: just how did it come to this? | James Riach
The club has agreed a £1m bond with the Football League with assurances that it will return to Coventry and says it is assessing a site at the Brandon speedway stadium and another in the south west of the city. However, the League chairman, Greg Clarke, admits he "does not know" if they will really build a new ground.

Asked whether he believed the club would build a new stadium, Clarke said: "I don't know, they haven't told me whether they will or not. Everybody is posturing to get a deal, people say things to create impressions. Unreasonable things are happening. We have no power over the stadium owners or the club to tell them how to run their businesses. At some point there will have to be a compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread