Goldie (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

We need to go out of our way to sign this man. He is absolutely made of goals, he can be our 20+ Goal man. Just been checking the forest forum and a few of them saying they should get him back into their team, but of course there are the doubters who will still boo him. Whereas here he is a god amongst men and he must prefer having his name sung (Albeit by a smaller crowd than forest) Than being booed when he goes off. How Fisher and Waggot deal with this in January can define our season.

cyril

Good rapport with our fans. I think he's enjoying it.
Nice to see a loan player show appreciation like that.

Otis

Been very impressed with him so far. He was known as McGoldrought, but that hasn't been the case here.

Astute

I earler posted about Swindon being put in an embago. They went 1.5% over the 65% income on transfers and wages. This was because they signed 2 players expecting to pay half this season and half next season. The tribunal gave the players value and that both had to be paid for now. It don't matter if we have the money for him. We have a big squad. If we go over the 65%...even slightly.....we would be put in an embago. How much would he cost? How much would his wages be without Florest putting towards it?

shmmeee

I earler posted about Swindon being put in an embago. They went 1.5% over the 65% income on transfers and wages. This was because they signed 2 players expecting to pay half this season and half next season. The tribunal gave the players value and that both had to be paid for now. It don't matter if we have the money for him. We have a big squad. If we go over the 65%...even slightly.....we would be put in an embago. How much would he cost? How much would his wages be without Florest putting towards it?

I'd expect a few to go in Jan, Hussey and Malaga for a start, along with at least one of the loanees. I'd expect ROD and one of the midfielders to go too.

hamil99

Facebook User

Good point. Do u think that's why they transfer listed Malaga?

Diehard Si

I sadly feel we will just be a springboard for getting him in favour with Forest and he will either stay with them or move to another champ club.

covcity4life

Possibly

Sell malaga hussey rod first then get him, even if we r over threshold does that stop tram from being promoted?

StevieM

It always makes me laugh when I read "we should just sell/get rid of/ship out on loan players like ROD,Bell,McSheffrey,Hussey,Malaga,Kilbane et al".

These "players" all have agreements called CONTRACTS that are legally binding- they won't be going anywhere unless:-
a) it suits them i.e. we effectively come to mutual arrangement to pay them off
b) they will get a better offer from another club than they would do by staying here
c) most importantly WHO THE FUCK WOULD WANT ANY OF THEM?????

We now have a the opposite problem of what we had last season when we had a small squad with not much quality in it, i.e a humungous squad still with not much quality but twice as much shite.....unfortunately I think we are stuck with the deadwood unless point a) comes into operation.

If anyone doubts this take a moment do a Google search on some of our ex deadwood and see just exactly where they ended up after their contracts were either paid up or expired.

psgm1

Banned
McGoldrick is definitely one of the vewry few decent players in the current squad. Trouble is I suspect Forest think the same and may well want him back. Perhaps the money saved from Failaga and Crapton's wages could possibly be used to lure him - but I doubt it

Mucca Mad Boys

McG's best bet is to see it out with us as I don't really think many Championship teams would want him.

Users who are viewing this thread