Good grief, get a grip!!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

BBC News.

Third top story - 5 people have died because of the extreme heat in Italy and Romania

Second top story - The UN have imposed the toughest ever sanctions on North Korea.

Number one story - Usain Bolt has finished third at the World Athletic Championships.

torchomatic

Just said same thing to the wife. Pathetic.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

What??? Bolt didn't win???

SkyblueBazza

BBC News.

Third top story - 5 people have died because of the extreme heat in Italy and Romania

Second top story - The UN have imposed the toughest ever sanctions on North Korea.

Number one story - Usain Bolt has finished third at the World Athletic Championships.
They would probably argue about Public interest...but I would argue that if people are THAT interested they would already know Bolt was 3rd...even if they didn't watch it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Bloke that won has had two doping bans. Should be banned for life.
It's proving the circumstance that throws it all into question.
The first ban was accepted as involving a medication (amphetamines) for Attention Defect Disorder which he had been taking since childhood.
The second was accepted as being a testosterone based gel applied by a therapist (who denied Gatlin's coach was unaware...said coach has had 8 of his athletes banned). Gatlin & his coach claim they didn't know there was a banned substance in the gel.

My take is ban for life...if you're reaching the top, surely a good coach & determined athlete would work damned hard to remove all risk of banned substance intake?

BUT where do you draw the line? The winner of the long jump is from a SA Township, hard life & all that, admitted using Tik 'recreationally' & got found out with a positive test when in competition. Went through rehab & is now World Champion...& is being celebrated...meanwhile Gatlin is the Panto villain

wingy

It's proving the circumstance that throws it all into question.
The first ban was accepted as involving a medication (amphetamines) for Attention Defect Disorder which he had been taking since childhood.
The second was accepted as being a testosterone based gel applied by a therapist (who denied Gatlin's coach was unaware...said coach has had 8 of his athletes banned). Gatlin & his coach claim they didn't know there was a banned substance in the gel.

My take is ban for life...if you're reaching the top, surely a good coach & determined athlete would work damned hard to remove all risk of banned substance intake?

BUT where do you draw the line? The winner of the long jump is from a SA Township, hard life & all that, admitted using Tik 'recreationally' & got found out with a positive test when in competition. Went through rehab & is now World Champion...& is being celebrated...meanwhile Gatlin is the Panto villain

Etc
And Bolt is behind him! B-)

Gazolba

You guys need to go to the Guardian website and read about how breast-feeding women have been asked to cover up.
Dont forget to click on the 'Fashion' link and read about the latest trends in lipstick colours.

clint van damme

You guys need to go to the Guardian website and read about how breast-feeding women have been asked to cover up.
Dont forget to click on the 'Fashion' link and read about the latest trends in lipstick colours.

what sort of thing were you expecting when you clicked on the fashion link?

Captain Dart

Some shit about mens makeup featured on BBC R5 this morning. WTF are we coming to?

SkyblueBazza

I had the same thought when I saw some ad for shampoo. Specifically MENS shampoo...which is ideal because "mens hair has to go through a lot" (something along those lines). And there is me wishing it'd just drop out - much more manageable!

Captain Dart

So Is Chloe Ayling fake news.
Allegedly kidnapped?
Oh look her photo is all over the media.. :emoji_thinking:

chiefdave

I am missing something with the Ross Blair story? I get that someone dying young from cancer is tragic but there's been about 10 articles in the CT.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So Is Chloe Ayling fake news.
Allegedly kidnapped?

Very dodgy in my opinion, just doesn't sit right.

A real life 'Taken', or a woman who got in with the wrong crowd, went on a four day ketamine binge and then had enough after an expensive shopping trip?

These things do happen, of course, but this story and her reaction are a little odd.

Nick

Administrator
It all seems really strange.

On first glance it looks like she is using it to launch her career.

If you had been handcuffed, locked in a car and then apparently advertised as a sex slave you wouldn't come back and want to get straight onto page 3.

She shared a bed with the kidnapper too.

eastwoodsdustman

Very dodgy in my opinion, just doesn't sit right.

A real life 'Taken', or a woman who got in with the wrong crowd, went on a four day ketamine binge and then had enough after an expensive shopping trip?

These things do happen, of course, but this story and her reaction are a little odd.

The clue was in the first interview where her bangers are almost out on show. Publicity stunt.

clint van damme

Thanks Jeremy !

anyone who thinks the BBC are pro Corbyn really needs to have a word with themselves, (their bias against him has been exposed in published reports).
I'm not saying they're tory friendly either, I think they would love to see Labour return to a Blairite party.

Captain Dart

anyone who thinks the BBC are pro Corbyn really needs to have a word with themselves, (their bias against him has been exposed in published reports).
I'm not saying they're tory friendly either, I think they would love to see Labour return to a Blairite party.

Keep it serious we were discussing Chloe's distressful experience and her tits.

Nick

Administrator
I get that its a local story but why so much coverage?

The funeral is being live blogged, obviously it's with invite and permission of the family but not something I'd choose having a journalist live blogging from my wife's funeral.

Otis

The funeral is being live blogged, obviously it's with invite and permission of the family but not something I'd choose having a journalist live blogging from my wife's funeral.
Especially not the Telegraph. They would come dressed for a wedding and throw confetti at the coffin.

wingy

I'M guessing it's because she's a minor celebrity having appeared in two or three soaps.

Users who are viewing this thread