good job we never signed Phillips (1 Viewer)

bluesky

I think we should try to get some of our fans into the managers seat, its the only way forward. With the depth of knowledge they have showen In such opinions like Phillips legs are gone,, he is to old,, liability,, they clearly could save us

A natural predator will always retain its basic instinct - Philips has the god given gift of findinng the back of the onion bag no matter what age, league or if his "legs have gone" - what a ridiculous statement, his legs are always in goal scoring mode

What a star - is it now 4 goals scored so far !!!

PUSB

Marty

Yeah, I got shot down when I said Philllips be quality for us and also got shot down when I said we were stupid to offer Bell a new contract. Cov fans truely get what they deserve.

Marty

What wages would you expect us to pay him? would he work for peanuts?

At the time we were all blissfully unaware of the lack of wages available for players, people didn't want him because they thought he wouldn't score goals and would be injury prone.

bluesky

What wages would you expect us to pay him? would he work for peanuts?
I'm sure blackpool wont be paying him a great deal as they have a strict wage policy just bemused by the fact people said he was not worth investing in,,don't suppose it matters now any ways

PhilWasn'tBabb

I don't mind holding my hands ups up to being a Phillips doubter, I was questioning myself earlier this morning when I saw his name at the top of the goal scoring tables.

But I safe in the knowledge that few people listen to me(thankfully). that having been said, it all a little redundant as we're not going to sign any out field player, ever again by the looks of it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think the biggest thing is the number of folk saying he didnt have the legs for it ........ has started every game and scored in 90th minutes yesterday ..... kind of belies that theory doesnt it

skybluegod

the diffrence between cov and blackpool though is one the most obvious is they have money so they can his wages another thing is they can create the chances for KP to score where as cov can't a lot of the time but wedo have chances i also thought we should have got KP but realitily it was never happing.

PhilWasn'tBabb

One ...or two swallows don't make a summer and all that..

I'd like to think that as a club we would be looking to bring through good young talent rather than giving an old guy a last paid day. I know there need to be a blend of young guys and old head, but for me 37 is pushing that limit. If phillips was wearing sky blue now I would happy for him to be proving me wrong though.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Wow were 4 games in and he's scored goals, there are 42 more league games let's see how long he lasts playing 90mins each week . He is a goalscorer but we can't afford more players who will be out long term - we have enough of those already.

stupot07

We don't have enough quality to create the chances for him, he wouldn't have scored 4 in 4 here and I bet blackpool are paying him decent wages.

SkyBlueScottie

At the time we were all blissfully unaware of the lack of wages available for players, people didn't want him because they thought he wouldn't score goals and would be injury prone.

Bliissfully unaware? I think most had their heads in the sand. You only had to look at what was going on around the club in March and pointedly the failures to get Westwood etc to sign new deals.

Marty

Bliissfully unaware? I think most had their heads in the sand. You only had to look at what was going on around the club in March and pointedly the failures to get Westwood etc to sign new deals.

Westy didn't sign as he knew he could go off to the prem and earn far more then what any team in the championship would pay. He had a choice of clubs to choose from in the prem if reports are to be believed, Gunnarsson has done nothing in the past 2 years to warrant a contract extension, and i was disappointed that we even offered him a deal.

The fact is Kevin Phillips doesn't need people to create him chances, he only needs half a chance and he'll stick it away. Proved that his whole career.

bluesky

Managing Phillips correctly as I think blackpool are doing would bring so much, experience ( helping the team) and not to mention his ability in front of goal that as we seen in king makes such a difference. I like Juke but if the few chances he has fell to Phillips they would of been goals. This could of scrapped us a few points and confidence for the rest of the team to then start believing in there ability and impose themselves more. Holloway said that Phillips had the least body fat on him in the hole squad and was not even a risk for not starting,,,I'm not saying he would of come or it would be the answer to everything I'm just a bit amazed that if we did hatuve the option to sign him people actually thought it was a bad idea

Sky Blue Sheepy

We don't have enough quality to create the chances for him, he wouldn't have scored 4 in 4 here and I bet blackpool are paying him decent wages.
Did you go to the match yesterday? We created lots with Christie and Hussey as attacking full backs. We just need a finisher... Phillips would have been good but expensive

Users who are viewing this thread