Got the call on Sunday, said yes but want to do it right (1 Viewer)

wince

And (they are nice people), both them statements have alarm bells ringing very loud for me, so from day one minute one , I am not comfortable with this appointment , will not be going on endlessly I told you so, but likewise don't want to here a thread in nine months time that everyone was all for this ,and hind sight is a wonderful thing , there is no way in my opinion he got the call sunday and said yes on the spot after the the way he left last time

bawtryneal

What I dont understand is why on Sunday.
Why not three weeks ago when we had a chance of staying up before Bury and Shrewsbury games. Obviously wanted to give Slade a chance against the "weaker teams" but without the ability to buy our way out of trouble don't get the timing.

Otis

Why not three weeks ago when we had a chance of staying up before Bury and Shrewsbury games. Obviously wanted to give Slade a chance against the "weaker teams" but without the ability to buy our way out of trouble don't get the timing.
Yep. Odd

Been clear that Slade has been failing for a while. Yep, we got the Gillingham win, but we needed to follow that up with another positive result.

I think if he was to be sacked he should have gone after the Swindon's defeat.

We could then have got another couple of games with Robins at the helm and even a draw at Bury would have left us in a much better position.

bawtryneal

Yep. Odd

Been clear that Slade has been failing for a while. Yep, we got the Gillingham win, but we needed to follow that up with another positive result.

I think if he was to be sacked he should have gone after the Swindon's defeat.

We could then have got another couple of games with Robins at the helm and even a draw at Bury would have left us in a much better position.

Agree. Should have gone after the Swindon game. He had lost the support of the vast majority of the fans and probably the dressing room at that point.

better days

I think we must take this with a pinch of salt. It's fairly obvious now that Russell Slade was told after the game on Saturday that it was over for him. He went to the fans and didn't come home on the team bus. It was only announced on Sunday then speculation followed shortly after that MR was in the frame.
Managers know each other well and usually don't want to be seen agreeing to take a job when another guy is still doing it.
It's likely it was all sorted by the agent midweek but the paperwork only done Sunday to have a fig leaf of respectability

Otis

I think we must take this with a pinch of salt. It's fairly obvious now that Russell Slade was told after the game on Saturday that it was over for him. He went to the fans and didn't come home on the team bus. It was only announced on Sunday then speculation followed shortly after that MR was in the frame.
Managers know each other well and usually don't want to be seen agreeing to take a job when another guy is still doing it.
It's likely it was all sorted by the agent midweek but the paperwork only done Sunday to have a fig leaf of respectability
Well yeah, I agree.

He may well have got the phone call on the Sunday. Doesn't mean it was the only phone call though and that there hadn't been previous calls and/or meetings.

The Sunday call might just have been a confirmation of the offer.

ecky

Panic reaction

Users who are viewing this thread