Fiddlerontheroof

E/W
Enjoy D'Allen
Discorama
Kildistart
Freewheelin Dylan

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Otis

I never bet, well haven't done for about 20 years, but a name came into my head without my even looking at the runners, so have put 40 grand on that (in reality, a fiver).

I have won before from a dream the night before, so who knows. That was about 30 years ago though.

Tommo1993

I’ve put on Longhouse Poet for a yellow card in the first half, Fortescue to score a brace, and 15+ throw ins

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't gamble at all, except once a year on the National. However, after witnessing so many deaths of horses year after year, I decided I won't ever take part in this horrible act again. I don't care who wins, who loses and if jockeys get injured, then tough! So long as those beautiful horses stay safe.

Otis

I don't gamble at all, except once a year on the National. However, after witnessing so many deaths of horses year after year, I decided I won't ever take part in this horrible act again. I don't care who wins, who loses and if jockeys get injured, then tough! So long as those beautiful horses stay safe.
They have made some safety adjustments in the last few years haven't they, but there should be zero deaths. It's supposed to be a sport isn't it.

if the jockeys wish to risk their lives, then fine, but the horses don't get to have the choice.

I think only one horse died last year, but it's still one too many.

rob9872

Most horses have a fantastic life and are bred for racing. I'm more annoyed at what happens to some of them cast aside when they finish racing and can no longer earn money, that's the real tragedy of the sport over the very few accidentsyhat occur these days. The reason they're put to sleep after a bad fall is they love jumping so much they carry on (even with a broken leg) as you'll often see and with them in excruciating pain as it's sll they know.

Nick

Administrator
Most horses have a fantastic life and are bred for racing. I'm more annoyed at what happens to some of them cast aside when they finish racing and can no longer earn money, that's the real tragedy of the sport over the very few accidentsyhat occur these days. The reason they're put to sleep after a bad fall is they love jumping so much they carry on (even with a broken leg) as you'll often see and with them in excruciating pain as it's sll they know.
No they are put to sleep because they are fucked. The same as a horse in a normal field who get injuries like that who have never raced in their life.

Grendel

They really don’t love jumping and are not kept well as a horse would define it

rob9872

Have you never seen racing when a jockey is ejected? They don't stop or go the other way, they chase along with no jockey and continue joining in the race with all the other horses. Nobody on board, but because they love to run round with other horses.

Grendel

Have you never seen racing when a jockey is ejected? They don't stop or go the other way, they chase along with no jockey and continue joining in the race with all the other horses. Nobody on board, but because they love to run round with other horses.

No it’s fear. They are a herd animal and cannot be left alone so chase other horses

How many do you see running and jumping in fields. Fire a gun in the air and then see what happens - they run and jump

Try starting a race with no riders and no background noise and they’ll just stand around abs eat

bringbackrattles

I was in the bookies earlier putting a football bet as I do every Saturday. I only bet on the National as got no idea about horse racing, and went for Fiddlerontheroof each way bet.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Did you hang around to see the outcome?

Yeah.... the horse did a fair bit of sneezing, snorting & looked a little confused.

and just to be clear, before someone grasses me up to the RSPCA, the "spacedust" I refer to was the crackling/popping sugar dust that sweetshops sold in the early 80s.....

...not some narcotic forerunner to monkeydust or spice...... I woudn't waste that on a horse

Users who are viewing this thread