Gregor Rioch (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

I seem to remember he was a highly regarded academy manager here, brought through some excellent young players, and we were gutted when he decide to move on.
Just by chance i read an article about Wigan (where he moved to to take up their academy manager post) and wondered if he regretted the move at all.
He obviously thought he was moving up in the world by going to Wigan, but as we know now, the 2 club's trajectories couldn't be more different.
They appear to be knocking on Div 4, whilst we are currently holding our own in Div 2.

So easy to make a poor choice it seems...just ask Jordan Willis

Last edited:

junglej13

I seem to remember he was a highly regarded academy manager here, brought through some excellent young players, and we were gutted when he decide to move on.
Just by chance i read an article about Wigan, where he moved to to take up their academy manager post, and wondered if he regretted the move at all.
He obviously thought he was moving up in the world by going to Wigan, but as we know now, the 2 club's trajectories couldn't be more different.
They appear to be knocking on Div 4, whilst we are currently holding our own in Div 2.

Look at the number of academy players that got poached when their problems started in the summer. Believe they were a Category 1 academy and Rioch was doing an excellent job.

wingy

Think the demise maybe related to the departure of Dave Whelan,as much as anything.
Have they also had a change of ownership?

no_loyalty

Think the demise maybe related to the departure of Dave Whelan,as much as anything.
Have they also had a change of ownership?

I don't think they have been taken over yet.

Winny the Bish

Just by chance i read an article about Wigan (where he moved to to take up their academy manager post) and wondered if he regretted the move at all.

He's done a sensational job at Wigan. Alfie Devine signed for Tottenham, Joe Gelhardt for Leeds, Jensen Weir to Brighton. All youth internationals sold for a tidy sum that's helped keep them afloat.

CovUpNorth

I don't think they have been taken over yet.
Whelan sold the club to a Hong Kong consortium, they were lead by a leading figure in the gambling world. The story goes that a lot of money was put on Wigan to get relegated from the Championship, then a week later they were put into administration and docked a lot of points, subsequently relegating them. They were well and truly f**ked over.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not a bad group of players, look at the hair on Burge
View attachment 18419

Lee Burge - number 69. LOL.

giphy.gif

andrew.roberts

Well the fact that they named the stadium after him shows that he had some bearing

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread