Guess The Crowd v Notts County (5 Viewers)

matesx

excuses excuses excuses
If people cant afford 2 home games in s row then it's not an excuse. For me and my lad it's 50 quid with tickets, travel and parking. That's before a pint and a bite. 2 weeks running that's alot. Fortunately for me I can do it but I'm well aware some can't.

Nick

Administrator
If people cant afford 2 home games in s row then it's not an excuse. For me and my lad it's 50 quid with tickets, travel and parking. That's before a pint and a bite. 2 weeks running that's alot. Fortunately for me I can do it but I'm well aware some can't.

Don't have a pint, eat before you go and park somewhere thats free and walk for 10 minutes ;)

torchomatic

Well, we're not doing the away leg. So there's a few more spares in the pot for others.

covcity4life

hmm was hoping we could hit 25 plus for this one

still a good attendence possible of course. i imagine it will be 17-18k by friday night and then 1-2k walk up perhaps

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Nope - it keeps changing though as i had sold out earlier. Perhaps releasing small amounts at a time.

The club have said they're sold out online and at the call centre, it sounds like a ticketmaster issue giving false hope.

I, along with many others, will be in the home end. Gutted I couldn't get one in the away end but it's better than nothing.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Especially with a potential trip to Wembley coming up in the same month.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don't have a pint, eat before you go and park somewhere thats free and walk for 10 minutes ;)

Morecambe game - £22
Notts game - £22
Wembley game (people will be looking at) - £25 plus

None of that is including travel, parking (if needed), or the bread needed to make the picnic you can take with you.

I'd love to see as many people there as possible but it is a pricey month for the casual fan. I know this doesn't happen every day, but with the pull of another potential Wembley trip in a few weeks some fans will be looking at saving costs and maybe watching this game at home.

It's shit, but it's the reality.

covcity4life

Morecambe game - £22
Notts game - £22

None of that is including travel, parking (if needed), or the bread needed to make the picnic you can take with you.

I'd love to see as many people there as possible but it is a pricey month for the casual fan. I know this doesn't happen every day, but with the pull of another potential Wembley trip in a few weeks some fans will be looking at saving costs and maybe watching this game at home.

i paid 60 for my wembley ticket! lol

Nick

Administrator
Morecambe game - £22
Notts game - £22

If it's a case of people really wanting to go, then save up in the months beforehand. If we didn't make it then they have some savings, if we do then they dont need to worry.

The money issue thing will vanish if we get to Wembley like it did last year (that includes people I know as well).

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If it's a case of people really wanting to go, then save up in the months beforehand. If we didn't make it then they have some savings, if we do then they dont need to worry.

The money issue thing will vanish if we get to Wembley like it did last year (that includes people I know as well).
Yeah, I have sympathy for those who genuinely can't afford to go, but I do feel, as you say, that will disappear with Wembley despite the day costing at least triple of what the Ricoh would cost.

Liquid Gold

If I didn't have the money to see our first ever playoff game then I'd be sending Ms LG to the seedy looking "Massage Parlour" round the corner that is always asking for more staff. Same people will be moaning about allocation if we make it to Wembley.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I have sympathy for those who genuinely can't afford to go, but I do feel, as you say, that will disappear with Wembley despite the day costing at least triple of what the Ricoh would cost.

I had it when I tried to persuade people to go for Checkatrade.

"can't go to the semi final I'm skint, it's too expensive"

When we get to Wembley they did at least £200 and pissed loads of money away in fruit machines in pubs but too skint for just the ticket for wycombe...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wembley is the main course, the semi's are the starter.

I think people are gambling on the former so will choose to pass on the starter.

You have to understand there are a lot of people who genuinely have to clobber together to attend a match anyway, and this has been reflected on the poor walk up numbers all season and this playoff game (despite us doing well). I'd say the few quid it costs more than it should do will probably not make that much difference in this particular game, but it all adds up with the prospect of a final coming in London on the same pay month.

The money issue may vanish if we get to Wembley but that's not because people are morons in most cases, it is because it is a lot more worth it in most people's eyes. They'll sacrifice more.

Nick

Administrator
Wembley is the main course, the semi's are the starter.

I think people are gambling on the former so will choose to pass on the starter.

You have to understand there are a lot of people who genuinely have to clobber together to attend a match anyway, and this has been reflected on the poor walk up numbers all season and this playoff game (despite us doing well). I'd say the few quid it costs more than it should do will probably not make that much difference in this particular game, but it all adds up with the prospect of a final coming in London on the same pay month.

The money issue may vanish if we get to Wembley but that's not because people are morons in most cases, it is because it is a lot more worth it in most people's eyes. They'll sacrifice more.

I don't doubt there are people who really do struggle to get by and the money they put on a ticket could be getting food in. I fully understand that.

I know it's in the same month, but surely if it's a struggle you just put some money aside each month in advance? The same as you would if you knew you had a holiday coming up or were going out for the day rather than scramble about 2 days before trying to find loads of money?

If we didn't make the playoffs and people had saved, then bonus as they have some cash there.

That's if people REALLY want to go, like you say they just might not be arsed about the semi finals.

CCFC88

i paid 60 for my wembley ticket! lol
giphy.gif

no_loyalty

Hopefully the playoff final ticket prices will be around the same price as the checkatade trophy ticket prices, if we make it

Monners

My kid brother is coming with us now. His first ever game at the Ricoh and is looking forward to it (he lives in London - not cheap, and he neither drinks nor smokes). Hopefully he can afford to go to Wembley if we make it. If not, so be it.

Well done to those who have the resources and time to go to all games - would never knock you for it.

no_loyalty

My kid brother is coming with us now. His first ever game at the Ricoh and is looking forward to it (he lives in London - not cheap, and he neither drinks nor smokes). Hopefully he can afford to go to Wembley if we make it. If not, so be it.

Well done to those who have the resources and time to go to all games - would never knock you for it.

Lets just hope he is a lucky omen

fernandopartridge

I'm not really sure where the expectations of massive crowds come from. Our historical high average home gate is 21k at the Ricoh, often made up of 2k or more away fans.

20k home fans would be excellent really. If it sold out like that Chelsea game, you'd be looking at record gate receipts for a CCFC game I bet.

Evo1883

Football is expensive , me and dad worked out we had spent 2000 this season between us (based on averages ) could well be more .
That’s before food and drink

Users who are viewing this thread