Gunnar (be gone)? (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

I remember ccfcwal3590 from the CET forum. His info was always right, as I recall. Hello Wal!:welcome:

Nonleagueherewecome

Yep, ccfcwal was always bang-on on the CT forum with his team selections. And other stuff too, if I remember correctly. Welcome to the forum mate, you were the most usefull poster ever on the CT one. I never left the house for a game without checking who was playing, and my cynical mate could never understand where I got it from!

I don't think he is Aron himself as he knew who Micky Adams and Alan Cork were when he bumped into them (in a hotel?) last season! But all the same, Aron has read forums in the past and I wouldn't want him to think he's not wanted here.

Agreed with the points CCFCWal makes in general-please please please do keep posting; apart from a player who knows someone who I know, this is the only way I'll ever get non-B.S. news about the club!

wal3590

Haha did indeed see Corky and Micky adams yes, no im not Aron (sadly). I do no he has been in contact with Malky Mackay, and also had very little communication from City, leaving him a bit disgruntled and unwanted

Nonleagueherewecome

What, bad communication, from our board/owners? I don't believe it..

mattylad

well if he has been offered double then he won't sign so hopefully like Westwood he will do the decent thing write to the club and say so giving us time to get him replaced by someone inside our salary band.

fanta80

well if he has been offered double then he won't sign so hopefully like Westwood he will do the decent thing write to the club and say so giving us time to get him replaced by someone inside our salary band.

I agree. My issue with him is the timing. He tells us 2 days before the offer expired that he doesnt like the terms then dictates saying we cant set a timeframe. I never rated excessively highly and especially wouldnt be offering over the odds for him so let him go to his 'bigger' club if he beleives he can get one.

smileycov

Facebook User
i was ccfcwal3590 on telegraph, hes happy to stay but feels let down by the board, hes been trying to sort a contract bun Kens always busy or holiday, I only share the information coz i think you would be interested to know, if you gonna be all arsey then i wont bother, i like to keep you in the know as nobody else at the club seems to want to!

Hi Wal :welcome: if Rob say's your geniune and usually spot on that is good enough for me!!
Please keep feeding the snippets we are all desperate for news! Do you have any idea on a striker though?, who is in the frame what are the chances of anyone joining us lol

cloughie

I agree. My issue with him is the timing. He tells us 2 days before the offer expired that he doesnt like the terms then dictates saying we cant set a timeframe. I never rated excessively highly and especially wouldnt be offering over the odds for him so let him go to his 'bigger' club if he beleives he can get one.

Yes bad timing but He is a decent player and I would have preferred him to stay yet he's not as good as he thinks he is. I think Deegan will prove to be more than an adequate replacement.

skyblueinBaku

I don't think that the situation is entirely Gunna's fault. Don't forget that there is an agent in the loop. It was the agent who said that Gunna is one of the best players in the squad, and that there were various clubs (including Premiership clubs) that wanted to sign him. I think Gunna has been guilty of believing his agent's hype. It may well be that the agent has dragged out the negotiations in the hope of a few more quid in commission.

PhilWasn'tBabb

So do we have the final word on Gunn then ? it is the 1st july and he is offically free to go where he wants.

whatever he does I just wish he would get on and do it.

Nonleagueherewecome

No, he can't just go where he wants-if he does agree to sign for someone in this country, there'll be compensation, for a start-or that club would maybe make us an offer to avoid tribunal, as we did with Dunn. Didn't a tribunal order to pay 800k for Best when he was pretty unproven at this level? Aron must be worth at least that.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. He's probably on AZ Alkmaar reserve team wages from when we signed him-you can bet he's one of the lower payed guys for his ability at our level. Players talk, and he'll know that. He deserved a new deal after his first season (2nd best player=18th best paid...). When that wasn't forthcoming from the board (who instead wanted him on bargain basement wages, for understandable reasons given the financial mess at the club) his head dropped. Call it sulking if you like, but if I was doing a much better job than over-paid colleagues l(ike Doyle, Kyle and Birchall), I'd like to think I'd deserve similar pay.

It's a familiar pattern here when we get players cheaply. I'm pretty certain Tabb would have gone through a similar disillusioning journey. To an extent, Westwood too. Why should they be loyal to a board that didn't reward them for doing well? And we lose out in the end as we haven't secured the diamonds we found in the rough that turned into our best assets, so they go on the cheap or nothing when their contracts run down :facepalm:

I've said it before and i'll say it again. He was on £3.5k per week, we have offered £5.5k per week which he is happy with, but his agent wants £6.5k. that's the long and short of it.

skyblueinBaku

Rich, that sounds like the tail wagging the dog. Surely, if Gunna was happy with the contract offered, he would have signed regardless of the wishes of the agent.

skyblueinBaku

If someone tells you, that they can get you an extra £52k per year, what are you going to do?

I understand your point, Rich, but this 52K hasn't materialised yet, and I believe Gunna's contract is now finished, so he's not getting any pay at all. His bargaining position is weakened by this, and he now faces the prospect of hawking himself round the football leagues to find a job. Meanwhile, as I understand it, the club he wants to play for (CCFC) have made him an offer that he would like to accept. As time goes by, his options diminish as more and more clubs settle their sqads for pre-season. The clock is ticking..

Users who are viewing this thread