Gut feel - does anyone really think we won't start 2013/14 at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Personally I still can't see a scenario where we don't start next season at the Ricoh? I don't buy into Fisher's bluster

There is no financial logic behind the idea of leaving the Ricoh, given the loss of ticket sales it would cause and the cost of building a new ground - it simply cannot be a better option than accepting the £400k on the table.

Anyone else agree with my gut feelings i.e. we'll start the season at the Ricoh?

Samo

Personally I still can't see a scenario where we don't start next season at the Ricoh? I don't buy into Fisher's bluster

There is no financial logic behind the idea of leaving the Ricoh, given the loss of ticket sales it would cause and the cost of building a new ground - it simply cannot be a better option than accepting the £400k on the table.

Anyone else agree with my gut feelings i.e. we'll start the season at the Ricoh?

Probably yes... but is the 400k offer still on the table?

moleyskyblue

My opinion is we will be playing at the ricoh next season.There is no logic at all to be sharing another ground with so many of the fans against it.I also think fisher coming out with these statements must be annoying for appleton its like hes undermining the authority appleton has in this case.Could end up playing appleton into our hands.

bradwellskyblues

the view at the ryton bunker is we wont be at the ricoh,the only thing that will change that is a takeover of ccfc holdings which i see as unlikely

blueflint

will we have club next season i'm getting seriously worried by the prospect

torchomatic

Yeah, I think we'll be at the Ricoh come August.

Delboycov

Up until the last few days I was certain we'd start the season at the Ricoh...now I'm not so sure. I think Fisher and co have gone for a win or bust strategy....put everything on red in the hope that ACL come crawling. We are running out of time though and if they don't I can't see SISU backtracking so will probably carry on with this stupid plan, which for me will spell the beginning of the end for our club.

oakey

Hate to say it but my gut feeling is that it will be a long, slow death. Hope I'm wrong. I think we will be playing away to crowds of 3000 with a team of kids and misfits, in the relegation struggle.

Hope I wake up to see my other half emerge from the shower and everything since 1999 is a horrible dream.
We are still in the Prem at HR and I'm still the right side of 40!
If only.

chiefdave

Has any team every used 2 home grounds in the same season? I know sometimes teams have played a number of away games at the start of the season while building work is completed but could we play somewhere else and then come back to the Ricoh? Knowing our luck we'll play one game before SISU bugger off and be stuck for the rest of the season.

Mr T - Sukka!

New owners yes the Ricoh.

With SISU? Not a cat in hells chance of the Ricoh.

The relationship between the club an acl is broken beyond repair. Read the statements.

CJparker

Has any team every used 2 home grounds in the same season? I know sometimes teams have played a number of away games at the start of the season while building work is completed but could we play somewhere else and then come back to the Ricoh? Knowing our luck we'll play one game before SISU bugger off and be stuck for the rest of the season.

Yes, it has happened a few times. I remember Bournemouth playing a few games at Weymouth (I think) whilst Dean Court was being re built circa 2001

Tonylinc

I too am slowly coming to terms with the fact that we may not start next season. As someone has already said the FL will need to know where we will be playing next season prior to sorting out the fixtures and in that respect, time is of the essence. I cannot ever see ACL and Sisu getting together to agree a new deal on the Ricoh and talk of a new stadium is just that.... TALK. It will never happen.

Samo

If its not in Coventry then it's not CCFC and I'm not supporting SISU FC away.
I've been going since 1967 si if I feel like that then a few more will also.

Yep. We can keep the 'club' alive though by following in numbers away. That could be the spirit and soul of the club until this shit is over. And it will some day be over.

Leamington Pete

Timewise, we must be very close to the time when the League need to know where we're playing - probably any day now. The fixture compilers can't do their job without knowing what they're dealing with. Any ground share would obviously have to fit in with the fixtures of the ground owners, and it would surely be impossible to start arranging the new season's fixture list without knowing where every team is going to play their home games.

SkyBlueHomer

That's the whole point FF....starve them of any income.

We are in a lose lose scenario.

Dont go to home games and where does that leave us with the FFP rules and no income. SISU then walk away after killing the club with blood on our hands blaming us for not supporting the club.
Go to home games and its against everything we now seem to stand for, its against our principles.
Like them or loath them SISU are experts in this scenario, its their business, they have dealt with companies putting up a fight like this. They can afford the very best lawyers this is why I think the likes of the football league are keeping very quiet, almost running scared. What have we heard from them constructively in helping us the supporters?

I have grave doubts if we now can start the season unless something happens fast.
If we do, we must be odds on for the drop. How are we suppose to be competative I know this league is an awful standard but I would take 5th from bottom now if it was offered.

Its going to get much tougher lads I think.

Bill Glazier

I don't think we will start next season.

The end is nigh

I agree Speedie. Fixtures need to be fixed quite soon and Sisu look like taking this to the brink. When ACL don't back down, it's surely curtains. The fl need to act NOW and award the golden share to the Haskell consortium, but Sisu look to be tying them up in legal knots and time will run out. It's all very sad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If SISU are in control I can't see us being at the Ricoh, however I doubt SISU will be in control. Likely scenario is this saga will be still going on with nothing decided one way or the other and the administrator will come to some sort of arrangement with ACL for the forthcoming season.

mark82

We won't be at the Ricoh under SISU. Bridges have been burnt from both sides. Sad mess all parties have got our club into.

Users who are viewing this thread