Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (5 Viewers)

Greggs

Owls were shit anyway, it's all about these new hybrid donkeys nowadays.

ceetee

I didn't see the goal live. Jack in the Box in my direct line of vision to the goal insists on jumping up as soon as a bit of action looks likely

napolimp

@covcity4life you can give me poo emojis, but what’s your rational reason for why Godden was running and Wright wasn’t?

I genuinely don’t get it.

I've watched some stuff from Turkey, they sit off and let the defence have the ball and space - like zonal marking. He needs time to get used to Championship football and the way we play, and it's going to take longer than the equivalent of 5 matches. You also don't know what the coaching team told him to do from a tactical point of view.

Terry Gibson's perm

Being honest I didn’t think he would score, I thought it would be a tame header into the keepers arms or go wide. He took it well and hopefully his confidence will grow from it. Should probably have run into the corner at the end though.

Hertsccfc

As a small aside, notice Allen making a special effort to go up to him after the goal, encourage him, congratulate him.

Leadership comes in many forms.
Also noticeable Godden's reaction in pushing both Simms and Wright towards the fans to get their appreciation when they have scored.

It's their team spirit that is contributing to players like Allen, Kelly and Godden staying in the team at the expense of more expensive signings. It counts for a lot.

Last edited:

napolimp

Anyone have any opinion on how this transfer compares to when Norwich bought Sargent for €9.5 mil at 21? I know he was younger, but another USA international who had, however, only managed 13 in 72 for Bremen. He now has 18 in 70 for Norwich, which doesn't seem like a great return either.

shmmeee

They don't both need to chase the keeper down. You’re just doing what u always do. Convince yourself he's not good and lazy etc because you said it and now need to stick to it.

What? I’ve not said he’s lazy, I’ve said he’s crap. Get it right. Why do you think he wasn’t running though? It can’t be saving himself.

shmmeee

I've watched some stuff from Turkey, they sit off and let the defence have the ball and space - like zonal marking. He needs time to get used to Championship football and the way we play, and it's going to take longer than the equivalent of 5 matches. You also don't know what the coaching team told him to do from a tactical point of view.

I sincerely doubt after six years of pressing forwards Robins has decided to give him a pass 😂 First part is interesting though, I’m still not sure how much training “run” requires.

Wright is just an example, Ayari was similar a few weeks back. You’ve got 15-20 mins you should be able to run ant a reasonable clip almost the entire time TBH.

David O'Day

What? I’ve not said he’s lazy, I’ve said he’s crap. Get it right. Why do you think he wasn’t running though? It can’t be saving himself.
paid for your season ticket yet?

no one is going to take the views of a fella who can't even buy a season ticket properly seriously

covcity4life

He didn't need too at that point. He took ball and won a corner . Later he countered and took a shot. Stop acting like he did fuck all when he came on.

Your actually annoyed he scored. This is crazy

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyone have any opinion on how this transfer compares to when Norwich bought Sargent for €9.5 mil at 21? I know he was younger, but another USA international who had, however, only managed 13 in 72 for Bremen. He now has 18 in 70 for Norwich, which doesn't seem like a great return either.
26 of those games were in the Prem to be fair.

shmmeee

He didn't need too at that point. He took ball and won a corner . Later he countered and took a shot. Stop acting like he did fuck all when he came on.

You’re actually annoyed he scored. This is crazy

I’m not talking about when he had the ball. I’m talking about off the ball. Godden was legging it about closing down at 90+ mins and Haji had been on for ten minutes and seemed to be walking around. Like I say Ayari did it as well. It’s a certain player thing I just don’t get. You’re on for twenty mins run your socks off, you ain’t going to tire out.

covcity4life

I’m not talking about when he had the ball. I’m talking about off the ball. Godden was legging it about closing down at 90+ mins and Haji had been on for ten minutes and seemed to be walking around. Like I say Ayari did it as well. It’s a certain player thing I just don’t get. You’re on for twenty mins run your socks off, you ain’t going to tire out.
Everyone does that it can also pull you out of shape.

I would get it if it was noticeable that not pressing but to me it wasn't. Yes godden chased keeper down v late but I don't wright was just stationary or anything like that

Evo1883

Robins will want wright to close down and work tirelessly , Jesus christ we tell our u12 girls team to press and work hard so it's a given that mark robins , who has everybody else doing it is asking the same from his professional outfit

shmmeee

Everyone does that it can also pull you out of shape.

I would get it if it was noticeable that not pressing but to me it wasn't. Yes godden chased keeper down v late but I don't wright was just stationary or anything like that

Was very noticeable to me.

clint van damme

Robins will want wright to close down and work tirelessly , Jesus christ we tell our u12 girls team to press and work hard so it's a given that mark robins , who has everybody else doing it is asking the same from his professional outfit

Wright won't get anywhere near the starting line up until he starts doing it, (injuries aside).

Hopefully he cottons on to what's required sooner rather than later.

covcity4life

Wright won't get anywhere near the starting line up until he starts doing it, (injuries aside).

Hopefully he cottons on to what's required sooner rather than later.
He has been near starting line up already though.

I don't disagree with your point btw. Just don't think wright doesn't try to press because didn't make the fan pleasing run at keeper press.

I'll keep an eye on it next time he gets on the pitch though.

Users who are viewing this thread