Hamer (6 Viewers)

Alkhen

he doesn’t “love cov” as your whole post proves
How so? you can love a job but know it is time to leave?

I love my job but if another company offered me double to do the same job in better facilities I'd be gone. I'd feel sad and wish them well but when you talk about doubling your money that's like adding a year onto your earning potential. Life's short you have to take the breaks

Flying Fokker

At The end of the day he cost us 1 million Or whatever it was. He’s added that in bucket loads. if he goes for nothing at the end of the season he’ll have played his part in the deal in that his goals and assists etc have been key. I guess the next 3 weeks will tell us whether we will make a buck on him.

SJ80

I do think he loves the club and it’s fans but I agree you can love all of it but if someone comes in for you and offers to potentially doublee your salary it’s going to be a head turner for anyone , really hope he stays even if he just sees out his contract with us ! But please don’t go Leicester !

Brighton Sky Blue

I love my job but if another company offered me double to do the same job in better facilities I'd be gone. I'd feel sad and wish them well but when you talk about doubling your money that's like adding a year onto your earning potential. Life's short you have to take the breaks
Then you'd probably also be straight up about it with your employer to give them fair time to replace you and move on.

Grendel

because emotional attachment means you give consideration to your lovers feelings and not leave them spurned and penniless

mmttww

I don’t watch that rather tedious programme
The Simpsons Hello GIF

Mucca Mad Boys

Well no - we buy players that show a net balance on sales to purchases
To add on to your point, the signings we’ve made that cost money have largely been successful.

We’ve gone from being a L1 side, Championship relegation battle to competing at the top table of the league. Some players are going to become surplus to requirements as our goals get loftier.

mmttww

What's he missing? Only thing I can think of is longer range passes. Maybe positional awareness if he's never played deeper. He's got the engine, close control, drives us up the pitch, wins the ball back well, good skill and passing in tight spaces.

What's he missing? Only thing I can think of is longer range passes. Maybe positional awareness if he's never played deeper. He's got the engine, close control, drives us up the pitch, wins the ball back well, good skill and passing in tight spaces.

I've always kind of agreed with this take. I think he would have potential as an 8, with the exception of his long-range passing as you said. I always thought that COH is low-key quite good defensively, at least in the sense that he wasn't afraid to track back and get stuck in, but I suppose that doesn't exactly translate to him being equally successful in a deeper position. But I seem to remember him being in and around the box defensively, getting involved, especially when we launched counter-attacks? Been so long since I've seen him play, I could be making things up now!

I think he's just too good an asset in the 10 role to really sacrifice his ability in order to test him in the 8 position. Though if we find ourselves in a situation where we have injuries and an overload of quality competing for the 10, like if Tats comes good and Palmer is firing, then who knows, maybe COH could be deployed there in a scenario where Hamer is sold last minute and we can't find a replacement. Wouldn't surprise me!

pusbccfc

O'Hare is not an 8. Not got the physicality and aggression. He's an attacking midfielder who takes risks and should stay there.

We need to replace Hamer with a ready made midfielder.

Martin180

So he's missing positional awareness and long range passing ?
Think you answered the question yourself

ccfc1234

There have been some superb players over the years with all the attributes to play various positions but they dont as to be a 0.001% player ( rougly estimated odds of being a professional footballer) is hard enough but to be able to operate at a very high level in more than one position is even less likely. Harry Kane would look fine playing at CM in league one. But in the premiership would be badly exposed.
COH while having decent on paper attributes to play in a deeper role, imo would be exposed in a positional sense and lacks the physicality and tackling ability of Hamer. I am not sure how good COHs range of long passing is but as I have not seen him use it many times, I suspect their not his party piece either!!

mmttww

Think you answered the question yourself
Dont be a smartarse. Hamer's developed in to an almost complete no. 8 at this level. We won't be buying someone as good as him out of the box if he leaves - they either don't exist or we couldn't afford them.

Whoever takes his spot is going to have at least one weakness vs. Hamer. Someone else said O'Hare doesn't have the aggression for that role - don't agree with that. He pressed and won the ball back more than most in the League.

Martin180

Dont be a smartarse. Hamer's developed in to an almost complete no. 8 at this level. We won't be buying someone as good as him out of the box if he leaves - they either don't exist or we couldn't afford them.

Whoever takes his spot is going to have at least one weakness vs. Hamer. Someone else said he doesn't have the aggression for that role - don't agree with that. He pressed and won the ball back more than most in the League.
Wasn't trying to be a smartarse but you identified two crucial parts of being a number 8
We don't need square pegs anymore , if Gus goes we will find a replacement or two more suited to the role

CCFC54321

A replacement for me would someone that can set us going from deep positions with hamers range of passing that helps us spring attacks a lot quicker.

This needs to be resolved by the end of this month. We can’t afford to let him go on a free. I’ve been reliably told it’s what’s the club is prepared to pay him vs Hamers salary demands is the issue here. It can’t be a couple of grand we’re talking about it must be a lot more. Unless both parties are playing a game of chicken.

Gint11

I heard his demand was 22k a week and that’s now been met?

SHUNT31

COH is a 10. He doesn’t have the passing or defensive ability to play as an 8. He’s not going start spreading play like Hamer does either. He’s great as a 10 because of his movement and passes in tight areas around the box, 1-2’s etc and his work rate. You move him deeper and it will be a detriment to the good effect he has on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread