Hamer (4 Viewers)

fatso

Assuming by now that he is not going to sign any contract we might offer to him. If we could get £15m for him now I'd snap their hands off - we're never going to get a ready made replacement so the best thing to do is to use the money, not only to buy a broad replacement for him but to shore up other areas of the team and reduce dependency on individuals.
Can you explain to us how you sell a player who is determined to run their contract down?

TomRad85

He could but that's life, I doubt he would turn down the chance to play in the premier league
Usually not but for a team that are getting asset stripped and whos owner couldn't give a shite i think he might think twice about whether it would be fun getting humped every week. I'm like you though, completely bored of it and tbh a bit annoyed with all involved that its still rumbling on. The club needs to know asap what/who its working with this season.

Grendel

Can you explain to us how you sell a player who is determined to run their contract down?

Well if you are going to get into that and we want the money just make him train with U23's for the rest of the season and make his life as miserable as you can

Brighton Sky Blue

Are we seriously having a debate about a player with one season on his contract and an apparent offer of £15m?

Even if its £10m its really not a debate - just drive him there and tell him to sign
Telling him to sign hasn’t worked so far!

fatso

Well if you are going to get into that and we want the money just make him train with U23's for the rest of the season and make his life as miserable as you can
I'd say make the most of him while he's here, and hopefully he gets us in the top 6 again.

fatso

There is no evidence that he is determined to do that
If he was going to stay he would of signed by now.

If you believe he wants to move to be near his family, then running his contract down is the obvious route, he could then move to a club who otherwise couldn't afford his transfer fee.

If he was willing to be sold to another club in the UK, I think it would of been agreed by now. (Why jeopardise a move by getting injured playing for us?)

I have a horrible feeling he and his agent already know where he'll be playing next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear it's likely to happen.

Macca1987

The only worry for him with running his contract down, then he is missing out on our increased wage offer to him for this year, maybe worth 500/600k. What happens then if he gets a serious injury before the end of the season and that kills his move

long way home

Leeds and Sheff utd are about to lose key midfielders and both would see Hamer as a perfect replacement. If the club accept a fee, Gus will be off and we can move on also to looking forward to multiple signings that will fill the void.

Gus has been a will be a special player and should be welcomed back and appreciated for what he done for the club.

skyblueelephant76

Leeds and Sheff utd are about to lose key midfielders and both would see Hamer as a perfect replacement. If the club accept a fee, Gus will be off and we can move on also to looking forward to multiple signings that will fill the void.

Gus has been a will be a special player and should be welcomed back and appreciated for what he done for the club.
Apparently Sheff Utd have bid £7m for Will Smallbone from Southampton

Warwickhunt

all this shit on here is rumours nobody knows fuckall! lets delete the link and get on with everyday football whatever happens to Hamer we will get too know sooner rather than later. If he was going to stay it would have been done and dudted end of!!!!

fernandopartridge

If he was going to stay he would of signed by now.

If you believe he wants to move to be near his family, then running his contract down is the obvious route, he could then move to a club who otherwise couldn't afford his transfer fee.

If he was willing to be sold to another club in the UK, I think it would of been agreed by now. (Why jeopardise a move by getting injured playing for us?)

I have a horrible feeling he and his agent already know where he'll be playing next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear it's likely to happen.

Nothing the only person close to it who has made public comment about it suggests that he wants to be near his family, it's a rumour made up on here.

It's not solely Hamer's gift to agree to a move to another club in the UK.

You might be right but I doubt it.

fatso

Nothing the only person close to it who has made public comment about it suggests that he wants to be near his family, it's a rumour made up on here.

It's not solely Hamer's gift to agree to a move to another club in the UK.

You might be right but I doubt it.
I think when MR gets asked what's happening and he keeps saying it's down to Gus, there's a message there.

Gint11

Said it before, the club need to give Gus a deadline. If no signature is made then we sell, simple as that.

Heroes move on and new heroes emerge

Grendel

The only worry for him with running his contract down, then he is missing out on our increased wage offer to him for this year, maybe worth 500/600k. What happens then if he gets a serious injury before the end of the season and that kills his move

Such is life - would have no sympathy if it did either

Hertsccfc

Said it before, the club need to give Gus a deadline. If no signature is made then we sell, simple as that.

Heroes move on and new heroes emerge
It really isn't that simple. You can't sell a player under contract who doesn't want to move.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Hamer stays tell the end of the season, we get promoted to the premier league and then the club could offer him the money he wants.

Win, win all around. 🥴

napolimp

Yes he said other clubs have turned his head - so its all about money

There's the rumour about him running down his contract to join Feyenoord, which wouldn't be about money but would be in-line with the comments Robins made about his head being turned. So, like everyone else, you're just spouting unsubstantiated rumours.

Grendel

There's the rumour about him running down his contract to join Feyenoord, which wouldn't be about money but would be in-line with the comments Robins made about his head being turned. So, like everyone else, you're just spouting unsubstantiated rumours.

There is no rumour about Feyenoord - it was based on one comment by Hamer which was then used as clickbait

Robins said clubs not club - this is what he said

Asked if the club have received any bids for the player, he admitted: “The honest answer is yes, we have had offers but they haven’t been acceptable. That could change, who knows. He’s a top player, there’s no doubt about it, and other clubs covet them and put things in his head and that’s something that you can’t remove from his head.

Users who are viewing this thread