Happy birthday Bill Glazier. (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

80 today, one of the best goalkeepers ever to play for the Sky Blues 💙 and never wore gloves 🖐️🖐️

It was a privilege to watch him play. Good health Bill and here's to you 🍺🍺🍺

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

The goalie when I first saw us in 1972. He was a very athletic keeper and made spectacular dives that always looked good in photographs.

Calista

THE best keeper we've ever had IMO, and did as much as anyone else to get us into the top flight, keep us there in the tough early seasons, and get us into Europe. Arguably we might have got past Bayern Munich if he hadn't been injured for the first leg.

Really weird that I jokingly referenced him a couple of hours ago without knowing it was his 80th birthday. Many happy returns Bill 🎂

Terry_dactyl

THE best keeper we've ever had IMO, and did as much as anyone else to get us into the top flight, keep us there in the tough early seasons, and get us into Europe. Arguably we might have got past Bayern Munich if he hadn't been injured for the first leg.

Really weird that I jokingly referenced him a couple of hours ago without knowing it was his 80th birthday. Many happy returns Bill 🎂
Yes…you framed a pun around him.

slowpoke

Good old Bill.

Signed for us on the morning of our away game at Portsmouth, you could do that then. When the team ran out no one knew who he was, murmurings who it was but at about 12 years old I’d never heard of him, no internet in those days, we won 2-0. Wasn’t until we got back and read the Pink we found out for certain..
It was a then world record fee for a goalkeeper of £35000.

slowpoke

Was at Manchester City when he broke his leg which possibly cost him a World Cup place as a reserve to Gordon Banks in the 1966 cup winning squad.
Ronnie Rees went in goal and played a blinder we drew 1-1.

jagman

Was the best goalie ever to play for Coventry that includes Oggie. Would put him in the all time best City team. Happy birthday Bill and many more to come.

MTK

When I first started to love football as a little girl, I wanted to be Bill Glazier. I’d kick a small ball against the wall in the living room and save it over and over. Happy birthday Bill. A true City legend

NortonSkyBlue

Your first heroes stay longest with you and Glazier was one of mine. Rolled up sleeves, cap on head and gloveless and skinny legs. A different age.

Users who are viewing this thread