Harry Redknapp quote. (1 Viewer)

SkyBluePryce

In an interview on Sky Sports News, when asked whether players like Bale and Modric will be leaving to a higher club if Spurs are unable to make Champions League. He replied saying 'Wolves have got relegated, now people are going to come in and take their players, well if they were so good they wouldn't have got relegated'.

After being relegated i'd imagine a lot of people are thinking about who will be leaving in the summer. But as Redknapp said about Wolves, these players got us relegated... what right do they have to say they are of a higher standard than league 1. The only player I would say deserves his place in the Championship is Keogh and i'm sure many agree.

Who else has really deserved to leave the 'sinking ship'. Perhaps people will say Cranie? However I have rarely came away from a game, saying Cranie was brilliant, he's often on par I would say but to many 'par' performances this season which has resulted in relegation.

Clingan? I wouldn't miss his greatly- provding he was replaced. Someone stated in a previous thread how some of our players who are likely to leave will be on wages between 5k-9k a week. With these wages we could potentially get two/three promising league 1/2 players. We have Thomas who plays in a similar role to Clingan who is younger and has more promise. We desperately require a speedy winger (Antonio from Sheffield Wednesday) and a creative midfielder (in the mould of Lallana).

Thoughts and views of who have earned there championship status?

PUSB

rob9872

In the summer we will lose (imo) Clingan, Cranie, Keogh and the two loanees (plus the deadwood of FE/JM/R'OD). It is arguable that these five are amongst ourr key performers but I'm not nearly as concerned as I was when we lost who we did last season because for the league we are heading into, I believe that they are largely replaceable for very little investment.

Look at what we have left and I believe this team should compete in L1 without any funding if we can hold what we have:

Murphy

Clarke/Christie - other on the bench
Hussey
Wood (or Keogh if we can hold him but unlikely - Wood will be a decent leader at this level and I would make him captain)
Cameron

Bigi
Thomas
Deegan
Bell/Baker - other on the bench. I know people have agendas with these two but they'll be ok in L1 imo

Sheffers - was never one pushing for him up top in the Championship but I think he'll have a field day in a more central role at this level
Cody Mac - our main man next season. Keep him fit and I think certain to score 20+

In addition on the bench we have Dunn, the alternates to the Christie/Clarke & Bell/Baker, Platt and one of the academy kids. That's without any summer additions. It could be a decent season ahead if we can get off to a flyer and retain the list above.

Of course others may go too and I'm sure there will be some level of investment and a few new faces to freshen the place up as there almost always is, maybe even a couple of loans, but I don't think we need a lot to have us challenging despite our poor campaign this term. Hanging onto the kids is the key imo. They are 'our' players and will have time to develop. They are a year old, more physical, more experienced and playing in a league below last terms level to continue their development and learn their trade.

Hulb

I think the problem will be when injuries and suspensions kick in.
Still think we need a few more signings as you say.
If we could have Norwood for the whole season that would be great but unlikely.
Maybe some of the academy lads will step up to the plate?
I think what you say is likely to be the reality.

Brighton Sky Blue

We can keep a good starting 11-but we need far, far more depth otherwise we just won't last the distance.

stupot07

The problem with that starting 11 is that Wood, Deegan, Cameron, Hussey and Bell have terrible injury records with us, I think all have played less than 50% of the league games since they have been here due to injury.

That team still lacks strength, aggression and desire in midfield (Deegan is a pussycat not a pit bull) and there is still no pace in the attacking third.

kingharvest

Cranie is excellent - he's not heroic like Keogh, but he does his job, goes un-noticed. Personally, i'd love two centre halves that we NEVER feel we need to comment on - it'll probably be a sign that they're playing well.

thorninmyside

Please god don't let it be true. .. so in other words thorn is a genius he's been gathering a decent league 1 side all this time.
All the players above need to get out of the club.

They are not good enough for div 3...only 9 months ago they were supposedly premier league standard in waiting.

Lets face it if that lot played the likes of nuneaton or exeter week in week out we wouldn't be top six. At best we currently have a average conference team kicking way above their weight.

Without norwood and nimely relegation would have come very much earlier. A complete wipout and rebuild it the ONLY way for us. If we are still in existence

Paxman II

I've consistently said this all along and to think my old mate Harry is quoted saying it then I'm vindicated! ;)

Astute

Please god don't let it be true. .. so in other words thorn is a genius he's been gathering a decent league 1 side all this time.
All the players above need to get out of the club.

They are not good enough for div 3...only 9 months ago they were supposedly premier league standard in waiting.

Lets face it if that lot played the likes of nuneaton or exeter week in week out we wouldn't be top six. At best we currently have a average conference team kicking way above their weight.

Without norwood and nimely relegation would have come very much earlier. A complete wipout and rebuild it the ONLY way for us. If we are still in existence

I wish you would make your mind up. Did we go down because AT is not good enough as you keep saying or did we go down because our players are crap as you just said?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Keeper
Murphy
Dunn
Ireland

Defenders
Clarke
Christie
Mcpake
Wood
Cameron
New CB
Keogh
Hussey
New LB

Midfield
Baker
Mcsheff
Deegan
Need 2 wingers and 2 CM, Thomas and Gael to be used sparingly/back up
Depending on the form we are going to play we could need up to 3 CM but could then sacrafice a winger.

Strikers
Platt
Mcdonald
Need 3 ST

We could maybe get away with slightly less, like not needing a new CB or maybe just 2 ST but that is what I feel we need in terms of depth to have a squad who will compete for the top 4/5 places in the league.

Players going out
Norwood
Nimely
Herman
Cranie
Clingan
Bell
Eastwood
ROD

Sky Blue Sheepy

We have a good League 1 starting team there. Problem is the back 4 were good enough for the Championship, but 1 or 2 injuries and you can repeat this season.

rob9872

You think Bell is going out? We got relegated, he is injury prone and has a four year lucrative contract - who the hell do you think will buy him? Man City?

Moff

You think Bell is going out? We got relegated, he is injury prone and has a four year lucrative contract - who the hell do you think will buy him? Man City?

Yep I hear they have a vacancy directing traffic in car park C :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread