Haskell to press ahead with takeover... (1 Viewer)

valiant15

I've had a st since 96 stupot. Just to be treated with a bit of respect would be a start. We know what this guy looks like,that's more than the dragon seppalla has given us in 5 years for a start.

WillieStanley

Of course he could be better too. That's no reason to act like we've achieved promotion to the Prem. He's written a letter to the administrator... not much else. He's making the right noises but this is far from over.

It just so happens that those who have looked at recent times with a degree of objectivity and rational judgement are the ones who have again here...

The surprising thing is, the witch hunt brigade are at it again simply because a few of us are biding our time before we put on our party hats.

My overall expression of my opinion was that this is good news but lets wait and see - this makes me a dick head. Great stuff.

stupot07

Happy to break even as long as revinue is increased to a competitive level.

Yep, that's what I want. I don't want to be in this position ever again. We can't rely on someone to prop up the club until they get bored or run out of money.

Sky Blue Kid

How can there be humble pie if your predicted scenario was only an "if". Also, people have only speculated that there would be no one interested. This is still very early doors. The only potential investors that have gone further than this stage in recent times have been SISU. The pie is still in the oven, and whether it's humble or not remains to be seen.

You are wrong!
At certain stages over the last 6 months, Torchy, Grenduffy, and Summerisle, to name but three, have all said...Quote"There is nobody out there" and "Hoffman will not be coming back on a white charger"Unquote.......Or will one or all three deny saying this!........And when the pie comes out of the oven, I hope it is pallatable for you guys.......better still, I hope it chokes you!:mad:

LarryGrayson

stupot07

Of course he could be better too. That's no reason to act like we've achieved promotion to the Prem. He's written a letter to the administrator... not much else. He's making the right noises but this is far from over.

It just so happens that those who have looked at recent times with a degree of objectivity and rational judgement are the ones who have again here...

The surprising thing is, the witch hunt brigade are at it again simply because a few of us are biding our time before we put on our party hats.

My overall expression of my opinion was that this is good news but lets wait and see - this makes me a dick head. Great stuff.

Yep, I'm with you on this one.

torchomatic

Well, anyone can be "interested". I could be. Let's see if it goes through and see what sort of owner he is before you start creaming.

I'm surprised your wondering anything. There are no buyers interested in the club remember.

SISU RULES!

WillieStanley

You are wrong!
At certain stages over the last 6 months, Torchy, Grenduffy, and Summerisle, to name but three, have all said...Quote"There is nobody out there" and "Hoffman will not be coming back on a white charger"Unquote.......Or will one or all three deny saying this!........And when the pie comes out of the oven, I hope it is pallatable for you guys.......better still, I hope it chokes you!:mad:

Lovely stuff. I think you really need to see someone about your anger.

someone-is-wrong.jpg

CCFCDan87

People are just sceptical he might end up to be worse than SISU, or, not much better.

As always, your eloquent posts are appreciated.

Worse than SISU? Is that statement for real? When SISU came to this club we were midtable championship team with average gate of 17k. Now were a league 1 mid table team with average gate of 10k. Jesus some of you on here need to give your heads a shake.

torchomatic

I find you really weird. Again, you seem more keen in getting one over names on a message board, but there you go.

Before you start crowing, let's see if anything happens - your hero PWKH himself said he wasn't in the position to go ahead with any takeover - and then let's see what sort of owner he is. There's a long way to go, so the humble pie you're so keen on may have to stay in the oven for a while.

@ Torchy, Grenduffy, Summerisle and the rest of their crew.......

I spoke about there being a "Lot of egg on faces" if "Hoff" came back with investors...... What does humble pie taste like guys?:guitar2:

LarryGrayson

Worse than SISU? Is that statement for real? When SISU came to this club we were midtable championship team with average gate of 17k. Now were a league 1 mid table team with average gate of 10k. Jesus some of you on here need to give your heads a shake.

lets take any old chancer then hell ill chip in a tenner to buy em ill even move the chippy there to help turnover

torchomatic

Getting that angry with people you don't know is weird. I don't reckon he's all there.

Lovely stuff. I think you really need to see someone about your anger.

someone-is-wrong.jpg

torchomatic

I've highlighted the bit that worries me.

[ AMERICAN property tycoon Preston Haskell IV will be back at the Ricoh Arena tomorrow, keen to make his presence felt and press ahead with plans to take over Coventry City and half of the stadium.

It's the piece that I've highlighted that worries me.:(

torchomatic

Welcome back. Been to any good KKK meetings lately?

I see there's a few a few of the usual sisu rentboys on here defending their gods to the end. If this guy does take over,do us all a favour and take your pro sisu shit elsewhere,in other words-FUCK OFF.

stupot07

Not sticking up for Sisu, but attendances were already falling after the initial boost from moving to the Ricoh.

Re: 10k fans in League One....doesn't that say as much about our poor support as it does about sisu's poor stewardship?

Sheff Utd (c18k), Wednesday (c21k), Huddlesfield (c14-16k), forest (c20-28k), Norwich (c24.5k), Southampton (c20-22k), Leeds (c24.8k), Swansea (c13.5k), Leicester(c20k), charlton (c17.5k) and even Portsmouth this season (c12k) have all averaged higher gates than us in the third tier in the last 10 years.

Sky Blue Kid

Haskell flies in to the UK Saturday morning on his private jet and will make his way straight to the stadium with friends and business associates who are the guests of former vice-chairman Gary Hoffman and suspended life president Joe Elliott, who have been seeking a major investor to take over the club for the last two years.

torchomatic

That he's going to get a free lunch?

Probably best not to make him your new hero until he actually does something. You don't want to end up with egg on your face,do you? ;)

What does that say to you Grenduffy?

torchomatic

Agree. There's always some excuse for poor attendances.

Not sticking up for Sisu, but attendances were already falling after the initial boost from moving to the Ricoh.

Re: 10k fans in League One....doesn't that say as much about our poor support as it does about sisu's poor stewardship?

Sheff Utd (c18k), Wednesday (c21k), Huddlesfield (c14-16k), forest (c20-28k), Norwich (c24.5k), Southampton (c20-22k), Leeds (c24.8k), Swansea (c13.5k), Leicester(c20k), charlton (c17.5k) and even Portsmouth this season (c12k) have all averaged higher gates than us in the third tier in the last 10 years.

Sky Blue Kid

That he's going to get a free lunch?

Probably best not to make him your new hero until he actually does something. You don't want to end up with egg on your face,do you? ;)

Are you and Grenduffy joined at the hip, or has he got his hand up your arse working your mouth?

mattylad

This thread should be called the pathetic school playground thread. Do you people not see how you're embarrassing yourselves and the club with this I told you so irrelevance? Time to grow up and stop acting worse than a bunch of 7 year olds.

rupert_bear

let's see if anything happens - your hero PWKH himself said he wasn't in the position to go ahead with any takeover -
Of course he isn't in a position to go ahead with any takeover, yet, no-one is until the administrator completes his findings.. You sound like you don't want him to.

James Smith

Why would anyone be upset if its good news?

Why though is it automatically good news.

Some concerns;

The administrator who the council wanted has stated Haskell does not have sufficient funds to buy
He seems to like publicity - look at google images
His net worth is reported at around £160 million - not enough to offer significant investment
Elliot is courting him so is likely to head up a new board.

Plenty 5 years ago were hailing sisu and laughing at the sceptics.
You mean the administrator ACL wanted, I can't find any evidence that the council wanted anyone in particular but ACL had hoped to appoint Brendan Guilfoyle.

torchomatic

not bothered if its him or not as long as someone does.

Of course he isn't in a position to go ahead with any takeover, yet, no-one is until the administrator completes his findings.. You sound like you don't want him to.

Sky Blue Kid

I find you really weird. Again, you seem more keen in getting one over names on a message board, but there you go.

Before you start crowing, let's see if anything happens - your hero PWKH himself said he wasn't in the position to go ahead with any takeover - and then let's see what sort of owner he is. There's a long way to go, so the humble pie you're so keen on may have to stay in the oven for a while.

Said it before and I'll say it again. You've got more twists and turns than the Monaco Grand Prix!....You backtrack and turn statements to suit yourself don't Ya!
You said there is "Nobody out there" and "Hoffman won't be coming back on a white charger" you go sheepish with your statements, yet still try sarcasm with everyone who disagrees with you!....You were well out of order with your KKK remark to Valiant15
Banter is one thing but that's well OTT!

Delboycov

Why do I get the distinct feeling that some on here want this to fail? SISU clearly aren't "The only show in town" anymore,
if they ever were at all, whether it's the American or any of the other reported intetested parties. I agree it's right to be cautious but comparing this multi millionaire property tycoon who has a history of investing in sports teams and who's backer father is a billionaire with Joe Dhinsa is foolish. SISU have no future as owners of CCFC...they have lost the faith and trust of the majority of fans and are extremely unlikely to ever get that back....They are finished. If we don't get new owners then there's every chance there will be no CCFC at all...Let's all be cautious but hope and pray that this is not yet another false dawn.

LarryGrayson

this multi millionaire property tycoon

Who makes money outta property not by givin it straight back to a football club if wed asked questions before sisu took over we might not be in this mess now so instead of insultin people might be better if that energy were used to think of questions else you get what you deserve a nice property lot an no club

Delboycov

Who makes money outta property not by givin it straight back to a football club if wed asked questions before sisu took over we might not be in this mess now so instead of insultin people might be better if that energy were used to think of questions else you get what you deserve a nice property lot an no club

I've not insulted anyone. As I said we should be cautious and questions do need to be asked but that doesn't mean that people should automatically try and discredit the guy's motives e.g. by implying that if he takes over we will eventually have no football club.

LarryGrayson

noones sayin that neither their just not sayin they expect champions league an three russian oligarchs ffs its not discreditin his motives by askin wot a property developer wants with property its askin the question about if the club matters or not an if it might end up colatral damage id rather find that out now then in 5 years time eh

Delboycov

noones sayin that neither their just not sayin they expect champions league an three russian oligarchs ffs its not discreditin his motives by askin wot a property developer wants with property its askin the question about if the club matters or not an if it might end up colatral damage id rather find that out now then in 5 years time eh

Well personally I think with any stadium deal seemingly hinging on a prospective buyers ability and willingness to regenerate and develop the land around the Ricoh then a property developer would seem like an appropriate candidate to buy. Probably crazy talk though.....

Last edited:

Macca

Said it before and I'll say it again. You've got more twists and turns than the Monaco Grand Prix!....You backtrack and turn statements to suit yourself don't Ya!
You said there is "Nobody out there" and "Hoffman won't be coming back on a white charger" you go sheepish with your statements, yet still try sarcasm with everyone who disagrees with you!....You were well out of order with your KKK remark to Valiant15
Banter is one thing but that's well OTT!

It does seem odd that some people seem keen for this to come to nothing just to win an argument. Surely the clubs security is the main aim?

Users who are viewing this thread