He has lost the dressing room (1 Viewer)

I cannot believe for one minute that anyone here really believes we can get better thank SP? have you actually looked at the alternatives? talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Imagine for a moment that we did not have SP and he had the same outcome last season but with Crawley lets say, if we sacked our manager next week all the moaners would be saying "ah we need someone like that Pressly at Crawley!

give it 6 more games and we will be in the top 10 of the league, another 6 and we will be top 6 . . . but for gods sake give the guy a proper chance

Fair enough then, we'll just sit tight whilst he keeps losing.

duffer

I can appreciate people disregarding the original post as a lie , thats fine people say things all the time etc etc .
carl baker lives in coventry and does shop at costco , but its not really my job to make you believe me is it, i have absolutely no reason to lie to you at all .
if i did lie and said well it was me that spoke to carl baker would it have been more believable for you.
and finally there are many properties in coventry that are valued very highly ,bit arrogant to suggest otherwise
You say you are rarely wrong , well on the childrens lives that i bought into this world ...carl baker spoke to my brother in costco yesterday .

All of this is entirely fair, I wouldn't expect you to have to swear on your children's lives. As you say though, things have popped up on here in the past that were completely made up, and I don't think it's unreasonable to challenge them.

As for Coventry having some nice places, where have I said it doesn't? I live here, after all, although only because my tag goes off if I go outside the city boundaries (kidding). ;)

However, most of the footballers I knew of, at least before we made it to L1, didn't seem to choose to live in the city. Make of that what you will.

Like NW, I'm heartened that a professional footballer goes to Costco - I wish there were more that lived like normal human beings, it might help them grow up on the pitch a little.

Edit: And my apology to Craig too, fwiw. I can see how this would piss you off, sorry mate. If you're saying he goes to Costco, then I'm happy to go with that. Still haven't seen Rooney in Aldi though. (Going to have to watch that I don't upset FP here too!). ;)

2nd Edit: And I'm usually wrong btw - you only have to look at my Betfair account to see that.

Last edited:

Bluescarf

To be fair does anyone need to see anyone to know that he has lost it . You just need to pay for a ticket and watch the game !

Nick

Administrator
What do you mean by that? Nothing wrong with Aldi either. Most people have gotten over the absurd obsession of using where somebody shops as a barometer of class or wealth.
What I meant was that he was comparing it to aldi, I was saying it wasn't like it, as in a completely different sort of shop.

The cars bit as added on as you do see some nice cars in the car park so baker could well be in there.

Nothing against aldi, go there sometimes. It's heron you want to watch!!! Love a pound land though!

fernandopartridge

What I meant was that he was comparing it to aldi, I was saying it wasn't like it, as in a completely different sort of shop.

The cars bit as added on as you do see some nice cars in the car park so baker could well be in there.

Nothing against aldi, go there sometimes. It's heron you want to watch!!! Love a pound land though!
Ha ha. Heron. If it's reconstituted we sell it.

skybluepm2

I over heard a couple of old boys sitting by me at Oldham last night saying that at Half time at Scunthorpe SP lost the plot with Reda after his sending off and that Reda had a pop back. I personally don't believe it and think they made it up to sound more 'in the know' then other people around them, but it could explain a lack of discipline in the team, players not performing for SP and i have to admit it did make me think if Reda is really injured or just being punished for his lack of respect?

Away from that though, the body language of the lads on Tuesday night was shocking, no one looks comfortable on the ball and I think 5-3-2, 4-3-3 or whatever formation we play, these lads don't want to play for SP anymore. It's clear they don't listen to instructions and they're not comfortable in the way he sets his team. Change is needed ASAP.

Your post has actually got me thinking...SP does love the old 'he's injured' trick..eg Leon Clarke transfer request and the sudden bombing of Carl Baker. Perhaps Reda has stepped out of line in Pressley's eyes and by saying he's injured he won't get be given any shit (seeing as though he's a bit of a fans favourite? Just a theory..)

KersleyDigs

Baker's actual opinion of Pressley from a reliable source
http://www.coventryobserver.co.uk/2013/10/11/sport-Carl-Baker-Steven-Pressley-is-simply-the-best-84207.html

Last edited:

chiefdave

That's from Sep 2013, something obviously happened since then as before last January's transfer window Pressley was warning other clubs off trying to sign Baker and talking about him being a vital part of the team. 6 months later he's not even good enough to be a squad player and being pushed out the door! What we don't know is what it a financial or footballing decision and was it made by Pressley himself or SISU.

torchomatic

To be fair though, OP. He wasn't there for a year so probably can't find his way around.

Users who are viewing this thread