Hedge Fund & Fears for CCFC ! (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

I have been looking up info on how Hedge Funds work as a refresher and to try and understand the Sisu master plan.
My conclusion so far is that these fund values run into billions. The funds have a wide range of investments in their portfolios. They can be long term investments and part of their aim is to protect money from volitile stock markets.
My fear this is likely to be played out for years they will be in no rush and have millions in resources. They will not liquidate because that will kill their investment. They are going to wait however long it takes to break Acl. They will continue to play lip service to all parties including us fans.
They don't care about CCFC the only way we can get them out is to force them out with pressure !!!

Some hedge funds maybe, but its pretty clear I think that relatively speaking sisu dont have a pot to piss in.

Our beloved hedge fund is less Wolf of Wall St and more Flea of Finland.

John_Silletts_Nose

Incidentally The Huntsman Family Holdings Company has Jon M Huntsman as listed in the SEC:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1307954/000121465914001788/xslF345X03/marketforms-22796.xml

Jon Huntsman Jr is the son of Jon Sr and former US Ambassador to China and Ambassador to Singapore. He may be considering running for the 2016 Republican nomination for President of USA.
If his family fund is an investor in SISU would he really want to be seen investing in funds that lead to suing charities and causing hardship to foreign local government organisations?

Kingokings204

Sisu are asset strippers and this is what is happening down. Anything worth anything will be sold and then liquidated.

It's happening for our eyes. And people still back sisu.

Como

My first game was over 50 years ago.

The one common factor over that period is that CCFC have always had divergence in revenues.

I can see it would be of interest if there was a norm that we could be expected to return to.

It would be a much more valid case under a franchise system.

Como

Sisu are asset strippers and this is what is happening down. Anything worth anything will be sold and then liquidated.

It's happening for our eyes. And people still back sisu.

They may be elsewhere, but in this case there were no assets of consequence and operating losses have made this what can only be described as a crap investment.

I am sure Joy must be thinking why oh why did we ever get involved.

NorthernWisdom

I can see it would be of interest if there was a norm that we could be expected to return to.

It is the norm since the formation of the Premiership.

And it's cheaper to buy a club outside the premiership and take a punt with not much on getting them in there.

Cheaper still if you can pick up a basket case of a club, position yourself as only option, and have the fans clamour for your arrival at any cost...

As a high risk for high return, it's entirely appropriate.

As, indeed, was Ranson's stated strategy of not wasting the cash on buying the half share in ACL...

Users who are viewing this thread