Here we go again (1 Viewer)

Astute

Had a right shit few years. But for the last few weeks everything has been sweet. Been waiting for the next thing to kick me in the bollocks.

Plan was drive to London early in the morning. Get there late morning. Drop family off at hotel near Chelseas ground. Drive to Wimbledon to drop car off then join the Palace supporters for a few jars then go to Chelsea v Palace. Several more jars then to hotel for sleep ready for Sunday. Then start again.

Took people carrier to fuel up. Took nearly £90 but that would have got us most of the way to London. But when driving home the battery light came on. Alternator is gone :woot: Too late to get it fixed. Had just put motor home in for major service. So can't go in that. My fiat is now a track monster and now off the road. That leaves me with the wife's car......a pink 2 seater MG :wideyed: Only me and my lad can go. Chelsea game is a sellout. So can't get a ticket for my lad. So I have to look after my lad all weekend :rolleyes:

Oh well should still be a good weekend. Just don't laugh if a pink MG goes past you :smuggrin:

fernandopartridge

Had a right shit few years. But for the last few weeks everything has been sweet. Been waiting for the next thing to kick me in the bollocks.

Plan was drive to London early in the morning. Get there late morning. Drop family off at hotel near Chelseas ground. Drive to Wimbledon to drop car off then join the Palace supporters for a few jars then go to Chelsea v Palace. Several more jars then to hotel for sleep ready for Sunday. Then start again.

Took people carrier to fuel up. Took nearly £90 but that would have got us most of the way to London. But when driving home the battery light came on. Alternator is gone :woot: Too late to get it fixed. Had just put motor home in for major service. So can't go in that. My fiat is now a track monster and now off the road. That leaves me with the wife's car......a pink 2 seater MG :wideyed: Only me and my lad can go. Chelsea game is a sellout. So can't get a ticket for my lad. So I have to look after my lad all weekend :rolleyes:

Oh well should still be a good weekend. Just don't laugh if a pink MG goes past you :smuggrin:
Hire a car. Won't be anymore than £120 for 3 days

Astute

Too late. One of the size I would need just over £200 for the weekend. But there isn't one available locally. Would need a 7 seater. And need to arrive in London in the morning.

Looking on the bright side have a weekend away with the boys. Just a shame my lad is only 7.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Too late. One of the size I would need just over £200 for the weekend. But there isn't one available locally. Would need a 7 seater. And need to arrive in London in the morning.

Looking on the bright side have a weekend away with the boys. Just a shame my lad is only 7.

It's alright mate. Give him a few beers and he'll be a right laugh!

Honestly though, at least you can still go :)

Astute

It's alright mate. Give him a few beers and he'll be a right laugh!

Honestly though, at least you can still go :)
Yeah but it is pink most of the time when the sun is out. Otherwise purple or sky blue. But I am too big for it. The steering wheel touches my legs when driving. And getting out is something I haven't mastered yet :smuggrin:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah but it is pink most of the time when the sun is out. Otherwise purple or sky blue. But I am too big for it. The steering wheel touches my legs when driving. And getting out is something I haven't mastered yet :smuggrin:

Nevermind. I honestly wouldn't worry too much. Everyone is going to be battered and the biggest problem you're probably going to encounter is a guy from Canley called Simon mistaking the pink motor from some high class female who he will then try and seduce!

Brylowes

Let the train take the strain, what would be your nearest big station Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, York
Get a family saver ticket, where there's a will 'there's usually a way.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread