Hermann Hreidarsson to sign next week. (1 Viewer)

PVA

Hermann Hreidarsson will sign on a free transfer from Pompey this week.

Done deal.

shmmeee

Yes. We finished with effectively four right backs on the pitch today and our left side is where the goal came from.

Hussey is unfit and a kid. We need a left back almost as much as we need a target man.

The CableGuy

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/p...ns_favourite_poised_to_leave_pompey_1_3422060

Hermann Hreidarsson is poised to complete a move to Coventry this weekend.

The News can reveal the 37-year-old fans’ favourite is set to clinch a permanent switch to the Championship strugglers for what is likely to be a free transfer.

Hreidarsson is out of contract at the end of the season and is not part of Michael Appleton’s plans.

Once completed, the deal will allow Pompey to bring in a new face to bolster their squad.

The Blues have been told by the Football League that they must let a player leave before anyone can be signed this month.

Hreidarsson has become a bit hit with the Fratton faithful since joining Pompey from Charlton in 2007.

But he has been out of the first-team picture this season despite the club having the smallest squad in the Football League.
37!?!? :eek:

Nonleagueherewecome

He's virtually retired...desperate times! The market of players that we can compete for is obviously miniscule. Guess we know how much of the Lukas fee AT gets to spend now? A big fat zilch!

The CableGuy

We're 7 points from safety and staring League 1 in the face. Let's get rid of our top goalscorer despite being the lowest goalscorers in the league, the day before we 'play well' away from home and get beat yet again. We'll do a deal for a replacement goalscorer whose track record suggests can't score goals and we'll bring him in after today's game, while completing a deal for a 37 year old left-back who has plenty of relegation experience and is probably slower than most of our snail-paced squad.

Seriously, you couldn't make this shit up!

Last edited:

Woz01

The team lacks a bit of experience so i can see why AT wants to bring him in but a striker is also a must!

ccfcway

so, to confirm, a team in the same league as us, but with a smaller squad than us (i didnt think this was possible), wants to get rid of him

hmm

Sub

time to solve all CCFC problems
drunksmile_dhy4uxn5.jpg
always the answer for a few hours atleast

samccov1987

What worries me is which defender we're letting go to bring him in? McPake hopefully - or more likely Cranie or Keogh who we can get a transfer fee for. Any idea how long he's signing on for? Knowing Sisu it will be a 2 1/2 year deal with 18 months of it being spent injured.

I hate our club

ccfcway

wonder if this will be the Mcpake replacement

Bless, James McPake, he nearly completed a whole game today !

Brighton Sky Blue

He's a) experienced and b) a proper left back, which are two things that neither Hussey or Wood have going for them. Provided the transfer budget is zero and the wage expenditure will be tight, what else did people honestly expect?

CUS Wyken

He's a) experienced and b) a proper left back, which are two things that neither Hussey or Wood have going for them. Provided the transfer budget is zero and the wage expenditure will be tight, what else did people honestly expect?

How can you say Wood not experienced? He was captain of Wednesday before us. How is a 37 year old gonna help us. Shows how bad it is when a team like Pompey letting go.

Brighton Sky Blue

How can you say Wood not experienced? He was captain of Wednesday before us. How is a 37 year old gonna help us. Shows how bad it is when a team like Pompey letting go.

I meant that neither of them are both out and out full backs and experienced. I'm hardly saying he'll be a revolution, but he does have those two factors in his favour which neither of the current players we're relying on do.

Nonleagueherewecome

He means he's not a left-back.

Marty

He was a decent player in his day, probably to late in his career now to be of any use other then a stop gap, wait until I see him before I judge.

Edit: why are we wasting money when we are already relegated??

Users who are viewing this thread