High ankle sprain (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Suffered one about 2 months ago and never went to the doctors. Couldn’t put much weight on it to start and it bruised right up my leg.

2 months later and I’m walking fine, but any strenuous pressure such as a light jog still kills.

Anyone had one of these before and how long did it take to recover?

Sick Boy

I got full on kicked between my ankle and foot playing football when I was 15 and was back playing within a couple of weeks and it was never the same again. I know it’s not the same but I wish I’d gone and got it scanned and actually rested it properly now.

I’d advise going and getting it checked over and getting some proper advice.

no_loyalty

I had the same as Sick Boy when playing local football in my mid 20’s, carried on playing for a few months after a couple of weeks on the side lines. I eventually finished playing as even striking the ball was causing me pain on the bridge of my foot.

Ccfcisparks

Thanks both.

Got physio today to try and get to the bottom of it. My fear is that it was a fracture that I've missed and ill end up needing surgery. Hopefully its just a case that I haven't been exercising and rehabbing it correctly.

Hertsccfc

Thanks both.

Got physio today to try and get to the bottom of it. My fear is that it was a fracture that I've missed and ill end up needing surgery. Hopefully its just a case that I haven't been exercising and rehabbing it correctly.
Sounds like it could be a minor fracture. Might be worth trying to get an xray.

Ccfcisparks

Sounds like it could be a minor fracture. Might be worth trying to get an xray.
Yeah i think it possibly could be. I did keep off it initially, and have it braced up. Havent put much pressure on it at all until i started playing walking football but that was probably too much. Walking now pain free, but anything more theres pain. Physio today and Dr's tomorrow. See what they say.

bezzer

Suffered one about 2 months ago and never went to the doctors. Couldn’t put much weight on it to start and it bruised right up my leg.

2 months later and I’m walking fine, but any strenuous pressure such as a light jog still kills.

Anyone had one of these before and how long did it take to recover?

I had something similar 2 years ago, turned out it was a stress fracture of my Fibula. Took me 3 months to get back to running again.
My wife is a Physio and she gave me a plan to get back to fitness.

Hope your Physio appointment goes well.

Ccfcisparks

I had something similar 2 years ago, turned out it was a stress fracture of my Fibula. Took me 3 months to get back to running again.
My wife is a Physio and she gave me a plan to get back to fitness.

Hope your Physio appointment goes well.
Thanks mate, appreciate that.

Just need a plan going forward to rehab it.

Ccfcisparks

Just been to the physio. Grade 2 Medial sprain, no suspected fracture but suggested an xray just in case. Said its progressing well but need to be more marginal in my rehab and stop trying to fly before i can crawl.

Ccfcisparks

Had my Xray, a small alvusion fracture. Not really sure what this means but got an appointment with the doctor next week and emailed my physio to see a route forward.

skyblueinBaku

bezzer

Had my Xray, a small alvusion fracture. Not really sure what this means but got an appointment with the doctor next week and emailed my physio to see a route forward.

According to my wife it's when a ligament or tendon pulls away a piece of bone. She then chatted Physio speak regarding treatment and recuperation. Hopefully a quick recovery for you.

Gint11

I sprained my ankle several times over my playing days and it always took me 3-6 weeks to get back playing, often with an ankle strap. Unfortunately the more you sprain your ankle the weaker it gets generally (depending on how you strain it)

skyblue1991

I've got a sport therapy appointment booked next week as I've got a niggling pain on my right knee and right ankle. Usually after playing 5 a side, I'm very right footed which probably doesn't help!

Hopefully it's just a case of resting it properly as I do circuit training 3 or 4 times a week too so probably not helping the cause!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread