Highfield Road (1 Viewer)

dheatley

Hi guys,

My name is Drew Heatley. I am writing a book titled ‘Lost League Football Grounds’, which will feature a double page spread on Highfield Road. I am interested in gathering fan anecdotes about the old ground, including memories of big moments, and recollections of atmosphere etc to accompany a potted history and pictorial tribute. It’s an open invitation; feel free to post any memories and reminiscences in the reply, leaving your real name if you’d like for credit. It’d be extremely helpful and would add to the book to have a fan’s perspective.

Any queries contact me at drew.heatley@(no spam)gmail.com

Cheers!

Drew Heatley

simmouk

Administrator
Hey Drew - this might be something worth getting in contact with the CCFC matchday magazine about - I have contacted the editor a couple of times - I could pass your request for fan stories on to him to possibly place in the program?

Simmo

pete212

Highfield Road was a dump by the time we left.
Only good thing was location.
Ricoh lacks character - and we never f**king fill it.

Nick

Administrator
I remember when I used to go in the pubs on Gosford St with my dad before games when I was a kid. Then when I was a bit older I got my own season ticket and can remember going in Strikers after the game trying to wangle a pint without any ID.

I used to love sitting behind the goal in the West Terrace just down from the lady with the pink hair!

Users who are viewing this thread