Video Highlights | Coventry 1-0 Port Vale (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The way he rolled over in such pain was a joke, if he was hurt that much then rolling over like that must have made it worse
Great save by Burge, still think we are better with 2 up front rather than the one.

Context needed though, win over a team at the bottom of the league, nothing to shout home about, better teams will turn us over if we play like that.

Warwickhunt

Not a sending off! The guy rolling around on the floor needs to have a word with himself

ccfc92

Agreed. It looks like the guy runs into him.

I thought that, but I wasn't sure, the footage isn't clear enough.

Was the sending off for the foul or the last man though? Because there's cover after the challenge.

SeaSeeEffCee

Hard to take the red card seriously when Port Vale were throwing themselves to the floor every opportunity they got within 25 yards of our goal. Pathetic display from them.

Colin Steins Smile

Not a sending off for me, as there was another defender inline and could have covered. The concerning thing yesterday was our weakness in defending crosses.

Moff

Agreed. It looks like the guy runs into him.

Totally agree, the Vale player just ran into him.

Apparently now though its a sending off offence for a player to run into you that then rolls around like he had been shot. Embarrassing.

pw362

Still can't understand why the ref consulted with the linesman in their half before showing the red card

mrtrench

I guess the ref saw it as obstruction - but if the Vale player hadn't shifted right they wouldn't have collided.

no_loyalty

They missed off that goal from the half line, and the celebration during the half time entertainment

ps1948

Context needed though, win over a team at the bottom of the league, nothing to shout home about, better teams will turn us over if we play like that.
Inclined to agree, but then I saw that Notts County are above us in the league, having won 4 of their 5 games since losing to us (and not looking very good) on the opening day.

pastythegreat

Hard to take the red card seriously when Port Vale were throwing themselves to the floor every opportunity they got within 25 yards of our goal. Pathetic display from them.
Not just that close to goal.
vincetti was shown a yellow after their player made the most of it after what I thought was a great challenge on the touchline.
And the one that sticks out to me as I was absolutely fuming with the cheating c**t at the time (so much so my father-in-law actually had to tell me to calm down) was the guy who was tackled on the edge of the centre circle in our half, rolled around looking half dead looking for the free kick. Once he realised it wasn't coming he got to his feet and sprinted back to help defend, and got back faster than 5 other "non inhured" players! No place for it on the game!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

vincentes challenge came seconds after he nearly cost us a goal with a backpass with no power wasnt it?

lol hes our fellaini, i lurve him

Liquid Gold

Another one that pissed me off was when Grimmer made a run down the right towards the end of the 2nd half and there player, with arms outstretched, just pushed him and the ball out of play for the linesman to give a Vale throw. Officiating in this league is awful.

torchomatic

Red card decision was a joke. I would appeal if I were Robins. McDonald is turning out to be the signing of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread