Hinckley away (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

Anyone going to this?

I'm really short on dosh but will go if it's cheap enough and one of my mates drives over. Anyone know how much tickets are? I've heard some people say a fiver (which would be ok), and some saying a tenner (which is probably a touch too much)...

EDIT: Confirmation on the CCFC website: £5 adults, £3 seniors, U16's free.

Last edited:

bamalamafizzfazz

Yeah, Im going to go as I can't get to the otehrs as I am working. Just going to drive over with a couple of mates. I assume parking shouldn't be an issue.

Nonleagueherewecome

Last edited:

SkyBluePryce

yh its a load of rubbish on there really, all talkin bout ex players :sleep: More commentary would be good, CCFC have gave very little info

J

Jack Griffin

First half team was 'the first team', notably Roy O'Donovan was in that line up & replaced Freddie.
They held the ball well (like 70% possession!) and worked it around, though not that many chances.
O'Donovan looked good, forced a good save & got the goal, looks composed in front of goal.

In the 2nd half Gael Bigirimana stood out & McPake got a run out and Aaron Phillips (I think) at right back (wing back?) showed what a good engine he has, running into the box time after time, pity his shooting isn't as good as his running.

Still no sign of Turner & Platt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pigeon

Interesting that Roy being given the nod ahead of Freddie made him work a lot harder and it paid off with a goal for both of them. Love a bit of healthy competition. Keogh and Cranie solid in the middle, seems to be Thorn favorite pairing at the moment. Cyrus put some great crosses and runs in. Phillips did everything right until he had to take a shot lol. Nice to see McPake getting stuck in and not afraid of hard tackles. Thought Wood seemed to play very well in the second half!

Nonleagueherewecome

Did Wood play at LB 2nd half? Who set up the 3 goals?

Great to see McPake sounding good. I liked what AT had to say about him in the Telegraph today. Quality defender who could make a huge impact this season-the best we looked under Coleman was when McPake was leading the back-line in his wholehearted style. Him and a fit Turner would be one of the strongest centre-back pairings we've had since Mo and Davenport.

Christie was superb at Nuneaton, and him winning the beep test must make him a very fit young man considering he beat the likes of Keogh! He really does get forward well. I think there's enough there with Phillips too to think that he'll mature into a good player-he's amongst the youngest we've seen this pre-season. Ironic that his shooting and crossing are weak points at this early stage of his career-his old man was one of the best two-footed crossers we've ever had!

Last edited:

fanta80

Did Wood play at LB 2nd half? Who set up the 3 goals?

Great to see McPake sounding good. I liked what AT had to say about him in the Telegraph today. Quality defender who could make a huge impact this season-the best we looked under Coleman was when McPake was leading the back-line in his wholehearted style. Him and a fit Turner would be one of the strongest centre-back pairings we've had since Mo and Davenport.

Christie was superb at Nuneaton, and him winning the beep test must make him a very fit young man considering he beat the likes of Keogh! He really does get forward well. I think there's enough there with Phillips too to think that he'll mature into a good player-he's amongst the youngest we've seen this pre-season. Ironic that his shooting and crossing are weak points at this early stage of his career-his old man was one of the best two-footed crossers we've ever had!

In my opinion McPake looked very rusty and didnt seem to enjoy the 'building from the back' style we play. As far as i remember the second half goals were set up by balls from Thomas and Phillips the first half goal being a shot from inside the box. I was impressed with Phillips, Christie, Gael and Thomas of the youngsters again and i feel O'Donovan is a better type of player to partner Lukas up front.

silly si14

Yeah wood did play LB second half from what i could tell , i thought christie looked quality deffinatly one to watch, put in some good runs,crossing and tracked backed too.
Missed the first goal ( the call of one last beer before kick off was too strong:D) but donovan look quick and was giving the defence a few problems

bamalamafizzfazz

Juke set up the first goal with a tidy through ball and Roy beat the offside trap. I thought Bell played well in the first half and Hussey was up and the down the left wing right in front of us all half his engine is brilliant. McSheffrey had a cracking shot early on too which the keeper had to stretch to get to.

Second half for me was a bit more sloppy and there wasn't the one touch passing play that the first team were putting together. I thought that Thomas struggled to get into the game and couldn't get time on the ball that he needs, when he broke further forward he looked far more dangerous.

Finally some are criticising Phillips who I assume was number 20 at rb I thought ye got forward really well and had a quality shot which rattled the crossbar which nobody seems to have mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread