Hoff on the Hill? (1 Viewer)

Skybluesquirrel

Always thought it was either GH or JE who leaked the minutes, which shows lack of judgement yet again in showing themselves up for their roles in the proposed closing of The Academy.

If they did leak them, why not leak all others?

Nothing to hide surely?

I've criticised Hoffman earlier but i think you are being unfair on him for taking any blame/role in disbanding the academy. He'd only just become a director a month before. And was working full time at Barclays.

It's very easy to jump to quick conclusions. As outsiders we have to piece it together bit by bit rather than cherry pick.

lordsummerisle

I've criticised Hoffman earlier but i think you are being unfair on him for taking any blame/role in disbanding the academy. He'd only just become a director a month before. And was working full time at Barclays.

It's very easy to jump to quick conclusions. As outsiders we have to piece it together bit by bit rather than cherry pick.

We need more pieces then, but it seemed that that the biggest item on the agenda was making sure that they had their free corporate tickets in the best part, then a case of "Close the Academy?", "Yeah, ok then", "Joe, you can smooth it over with the gullible idio,, sorry, fans can't you?"

DazzleTommyDazzle

We need more pieces then, but it seemed that that the biggest item on the agenda was making sure that they had their free corporate tickets in the best part, then a case of "Close the Academy?", "Yeah, ok then", "Joe, you can smooth it over with the gullible idio,, sorry, fans can't you?"

I think that the only bit I recall that was directly attributed to Hoffman was where he stated the importance of maintaining a good relationship with ACL.

Shame that that wasn't listened to.

Skybluesquirrel

And re-organising the positions in the Board Room at match day. It comes across as 'I want to sit closest to free bar - me, me, me, thats my seat'

It could be that the minutes skew the length of discussion.

torchomatic

I think that the only bit I recall that was directly attributed to Hoffman was where he stated the importance of maintaining a good relationship with ACL.

Shame that that wasn't listened to.

Similarly it's w shame everyone listened to Mr Coventry and his 'Sisu are great' spiel.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

SonOfSnoz

Why would Hoff stand on the hill when his mate Cordoza, can seat him in a plush box at Sixfields?
This is all PR!
For all we know, Hoff is probably working with Sisu!
Worse, maybe Hoff instigated the move to Northampton, he lives close by after all!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Hoffman on the hill eh?

Just more "look at me" behaviour from the attention seeker IMHO.....

....Similar to his "offer" to pay the rent.....by using the gate receipts......after taking his cut.....

...Similar to him "cancelling his family holiday" to attend a meeting that only existed in his head....

...similar to his "offer" to buy the club....written in crayon on a paper napkin.....

.....anyone else bored shitless of this bloke.....

DazzleTommyDazzle

Hoffman on the hill eh?

Just more "look at me" behaviour from the attention seeker IMHO.....

....Similar to his "offer" to pay the rent.....by using the gate receipts......after taking his cut.....

...Similar to him "cancelling his family holiday" to attend a meeting that only existed in his head....

...similar to his "offer" to buy the club....written in crayon on a paper napkin.....

.....anyone else bored shitless of this bloke.....

Bored shitless of this!

A few posts above, we have criticism about "free corporate tickets", now we have criticism about standing on the hill with the protesters. Presumably there'll be criticism if he attends away games ("attention seeker") and if he doesn't ("can't even be arsed to go").

Try re-reading the "offer" to pay the rent. He wasn't taking "his cut" and the offer was clearly designed to put pressure on the Football League re the ground share decision, by highlighting the fact that SISU's "it's not possible to play in Coventry" stance was nonsense.

"Crayon on a paper napkin" - requires no further comment.

NorthernWisdom

Am no fan of Hoffman, as you may have guessed ;) and certainly no fan of a pay the rent offer that wasn't all it was portrayed to be.

I will say however if he wants to seek attention, there are probably more populated places than the hill over Sixfields ;)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Am no fan of Hoffman, as you may have guessed ;) and certainly no fan of a pay the rent offer that wasn't all it was portrayed to be.

I will say however if he wants to seek attention, there are probably more populated places than the hill over Sixfields ;)

People will have their own views.

I know you have reservations.

Personally I'd be delighted if he could find a way to help SISU depart with the club still intact.

I appreciate that a lot of those type of posts are just people on the wind up, but every now and again you just think - grow up (edited for younger readers :D).

RPHunt

Just more "no pictures" from the faceless one .....
....Similar to her "refusal" to pay the rent.... or renew contracts ......to increase her cut.....
....Similar to her "going on holiday" to avoid a meeting ....
....Similar to her "offer" to buy the club....and the price is non-negotiable......
.....anyone else bored shitless of this bitch.....

lordsummerisle

Bored shitless of this!

A few posts above, we have criticism about "free corporate tickets", now we have criticism about standing on the hill with the protesters. Presumably there'll be criticism if he attends away games ("attention seeker") and if he doesn't ("can't even be arsed to go").

Try re-reading the "offer" to pay the rent. He wasn't taking "his cut" and the offer was clearly designed to put pressure on the Football League re the ground share decision, by highlighting the fact that SISU's "it's not possible to play in Coventry" stance was nonsense.

"Crayon on a paper napkin" - requires no further comment.

His investors were taking a cut with his "offer" though. Think most know that it wasn't a serious offer when looked at just a little closely, but better at PR than Sisu(though admittedly, Pol Pot was slightly better at PR than Sisu).

As for the "free corporate seats" thing, from the minutes of that meeting that were leaked(obviously to show others in a bad light, but it also shone a light on areas that some may have preferred to stay in the dark.

The manoevering for the best tables to eat at whilst agreeing to close the Academy would be one of those areas that some would prefer to be air-brushed out of history.

What I found most puzzling about the whole thing was Joe Elliott merely saying that it would need to be spun to the fans correctly, but without any apparent protest, strange from somebody who has allegedly put in a million pounds of his own money to keep the Academy going previously.

DazzleTommyDazzle

His investors were taking a cut with his "offer" though. Think most know that it wasn't a serious offer when looked at just a little closely, but better at PR than Sisu(though admittedly, Pol Pot was slightly better at PR than Sisu).

As for the "free corporate seats" thing, from the minutes of that meeting that were leaked(obviously to show others in a bad light, but it also shone a light on areas that some may have preferred to stay in the dark.

The manoevering for the best tables to eat at whilst agreeing to close the Academy would be one of those areas that some would prefer to be air-brushed out of history.

What I found most puzzling about the whole thing was Joe Elliott merely saying that it would need to be spun to the fans correctly, but without any apparent protest, strange from somebody who has allegedly put in a million pounds of his own money to keep the Academy going previously.

Can I suggest a different perspective?

For my sins, I've sat on various company Boards since 1985. Whilst all Boards are different, there are some things that are generally common. For example (generalising, I accept) there are 2 ways to present a proposal.

The first (which I always favour :D) is to do all your lobbying in advance, get all the necessary agreements in place, present your proposal and watch it go through on the nod. The second is to present your proposal unheralded. Maybe there isn't time for the other option, maybe you're trying to surprise someone - either way, a bit more risky.

With option 1, all should be plain sailing, implementation should follow as a matter of course. With option 2, you may run into opposition, in the meeting, in lobbying afterwards, or both.

So a question. How soon after the meeting did the academy close?

It's rhetorical of course because it's still going, albeit under threat following the bust up with the Higgs.

So does that perhaps suggest that there might have been some decision makers who weren't happy with the proposal?

Maybe the minutes don't give a totally full record of all the discussions (I've yet to find any that did!).

Just a thought.....

lordsummerisle

Can I suggest a different perspective?

For my sins, I've sat on various company Boards since 1985. Whilst all Boards are different, there are some things that are generally common. For example (generalising, I accept) there are 2 ways to present a proposal.

The first (which I always favour :D) is to do all your lobbying in advance, get all the necessary agreements in place, present your proposal and watch it go through on the nod. The second is to present your proposal unheralded. Maybe there isn't time for the other option, maybe you're trying to surprise someone - either way, a bit more risky.

With option 1, all should be plain sailing, implementation should follow as a matter of course. With option 2, you may run into opposition, in the meeting, in lobbying afterwards, or both.

So a question. How soon after the meeting did the academy close?

It's rhetorical of course because it's still going, albeit under threat following the bust up with the Higgs.

So does that perhaps suggest that there might have been some decision makers who weren't happy with the proposal?

Maybe the minutes don't give a totally full record of all the discussions (I've yet to find any that did!).

Just a thought.....

It's highly possible that some decision makers weren't happy with the proposal.

They may however, not be any of those present who agreed to it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's highly possible that some decision makers weren't happy with the proposal.

They may however, not be any of those present who agreed to it.

That is of course true.

My point was that, in my view, these minutes are far from the "smoking gun" that some have suggested.

As usual with CCFC, there are many unknowns!

James Smith

That is of course true.

My point was that, in my view, these minutes are far from the "smoking gun" that some have suggested.

As usual with CCFC, there are many unknowns!

There are known knows, there are things we know we know, We also know there are unknowns that is to say we know there are some things we know we don't know, but there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know. Copyright Donald Rumsfeld

SonOfSnoz

There are known knows, there are things we know we know, We also know there are unknowns that is to say we know there are some things we know we don't know, but there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know. Copyright Donald Rumsfeld

It's a NO from me!

Users who are viewing this thread