'Home' match against Bristol City (1 Viewer)

TheRoyalScam

I've raised this issue on a couple of other threads: would someone try to explain to me why there is no away allocation at Sixfields for this match:

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/bristol-city-tickets-now-on-sale-946468.aspx
:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

The only available seating is for Standard (sky blue), Premium (green) and Family (yellow). These areas make up all (100%) of the available seating at Sixfields.

The tickets are available for purchase by 'home' (CCFC) fans, yet unavailable for away fans - there is no mention of ticket arrangements on the Brizzle offal.

Of course it goes without doubt that our owners are squeaky clean, and I would never suggest that they would deliberately try to mislead anybody, however there is a nagging doubt that they've made a serious faux pas in this instance - something isn't quite right.

torchomatic

Maybe those who want to attend should buy tickets in the "away" section rather than the home one.

quinn1971

Bristol city are still waiting for their allocation of away tickets. ...you could be right, two weeks to go and surely tickets should be available unless there's doubts where we'll be playing ?

skybluelee

We live in hope.

A Bristol City ST holder I work with says a lot of Brizzle fans won't be attending on principle. Good on them.

Davs

I have said all along that if we played a single match in Northampton, then we would never play another game in or around Coventry.

BUT, I have never believed that there was ever any serious intention to play at Sixfields, it is all just posturing to try and force ACL/The Council's hand. Similarly, as soon as we are told that they are back around the table SISU/Otium/Whatever they are calling themselves this week are suddenly buying Brandon Speedway. Another pitifully unsuitable venue, where they will never get planning permission.

The lack of away tickets for Brizzle simply reinforces my opinion that they know they will be playing in Cov, and have done all along. Because both sides have behaved [to a greater or lesser extent] like kids in the playground tells me that what they wanted was for the FL/MP's/Someone with authority that could not be ignored to tell them they had to play in Cov, then both sides could have reached an agreement and retained some dignity, saying that they HAD to reach an agreement because they had no choice.

It has all been a little pathetic.

Disclaimer: With 2 weeks before the season, I still have a slightly twitchy bum that I am wrong about all the above, but would still be prepared to put good money on the fact that not only will we play at the Ricoh next season we will still be playing there in 20 years time.

jesus-wept

We WILL be at the Ricoh that prat Fisher with egg all over his face

tbh444

Hate to ruin a good conspiracy theory but the ground plan says 'South Stand - Away Fans Only' on the right hand side... that said, it's just a copy of the NTFC one with the badge and colours changed.

Spionkop

Tomorrow may finally bring some clarity. If we kick off in Northampton, it'll focus a few minds.
What a mad close season this has been.

TheRoyalScam

Hate to ruin a good conspiracy theory but the ground plan says 'South Stand - Away Fans Only' on the right hand side... that said, it's just a copy of the NTFC one with the badge and colours changed.

Well spotted - I missed that!

ArchieLittle

An old work friend from Bristol rang this evening to see if I had any ideas what was happening for away tickets for the Bristol game, no information on the Bristol City web site, and guess what the ccfcshop is down again.
I told him that I was with a few thousand others who have absolutely no idea what is happening full stop!
After a bit of discussion he email'd me this from the FL site

34.2.2 Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club. These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate. The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate. Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable. Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

Another rule for the FL to ignore?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
34.2.2 Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club. These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate. The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate. Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable. Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

Another rule for the FL to ignore?

surely that rule can't be correct it has missed the bit out that says "at the discretion of the FL Board"

Users who are viewing this thread