Home Shirt Delays - someone else to blame (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Everyone has been going on at the club over the delays to our shirts. But has anyone taken a second to consider the delays may be far enough back along the process to not be the clubs fault ? I know (and others have also said) that this forum likes to apportion blame and prepares the pitchforks and torches whenever it's able but this tweet may point to another step in the chain.

Not so much the tweet, check the number of clubs mentioned in the replies, all complaining about shirt delays. Mostly us but not everyone :)

SBT

crash truck GIF

Macca1987

Everyone has been going on at the club over the delays to our shirts. But has anyone taken a second to consider the delays may be far enough back along the process to not be the clubs fault ? I know (and others have also said) that this forum likes to apportion blame and prepares the pitchforks and torches whenever it's able but this tweet may point to another step in the chain.

Not so much the tweet, check the number of clubs mentioned in the replies, all complaining about shirt delays. Mostly us but not everyone :)

It's not just the delay, and I get it can be for many different reasons/sources. However the communication has been hopeless, we want to be seen as a top Championship club then operate like one for your customers

shepardo01

Think the club has been fobbed off somewhat by the "retail partner"
With the messages that the club had had from the supporters, they must have gone to to the retail partner to see what was going on.....
Probably told, yeah, we'll be ok, nothing to see here....
More and more messages come through and the club probably said, hold on a minute here, what is going on....
By the sounds of it, that went on over the weekend, the club were chasing the "retail partner" all day yesterday, who clearly have fu**ked things up, and they eventually got back to them with the "truck" story....
Shit-show, but guessing the logistics all to do with retail partner bulshitting the club ...

SBT

Most of the replies to this tweet are just Everton fans asking when their new third kit is released (it just got unveiled this morning) - nothing to do with delivery delays.

skybluecam

The Hummel mess is probably having a knock on impact- Hashtag Utd did a good video on how it affected them. Being a much bigger club you’d think we’d get some priority but it might be a similar situation.

Macca1987

Think the club has been fobbed off somewhat by the "retail partner"
With the messages that the club had had from the supporters, they must have gone to to the retail partner to see what was going on.....
Probably told, yeah, we'll be ok, nothing to see here....
More and more messages come through and the club probably said, hold on a minute here, what is going on....
By the sounds of it, that went on over the weekend, the club were chasing the "retail partner" all day yesterday, who clearly have fu**ked things up, and they eventually got back to them with the "truck" story....
Shit-show, but guessing the logistics all to do with retail partner bulshitting the club ...
Shep, where are you getting all your club responses from
'must' have gone to the retail partner
chasing the retail partner 'all day yesterday'
I haven't really seen any of these things reported, unless you actually work for the club

shepardo01

Shep, where are you getting all your club responses from
'must' have gone to the retail partner
chasing the retail partner 'all day yesterday'
I haven't really seen any of these things reported, unless you actually work for the club
Haha - sort of in the past!
Re the responses, I have had a couple of email exchanges with contacts that I know would respond - passed on to "head of retail" (new guy?) from whom I heard nothing back (this was back end of last week)
Sent a few messages on the "message centre" on my club shop account - heard - fobbed off - generic email response.
Saw a few bits on Twitter - lots of fans messing club.
Club replied (numerous times) yesterday saying they would have an update from retail partner "later today".
That didn't materialise until late last night - with the "truck" excuse - (which was Friday - most of the kits should have been sent by then!)
Don't think the club would have wanted to leave it that late - they were getting enough flack!....
When they got the update, I'm sure they were equally as frustrated!!!....
My take!!....

Happy_Martian

I would say that Hummel may also have been caught out by their UK partner. They did lose one a couple of years ago to administration so maybe this current one is also having "issues". And on a side note, I've just found out on a courier service website that my parcel can't be delivered today and will be sent on tomorrow. No emails to verify that yet they were happy to email my yesterday to say they had the parcel. So hiccups do happen and you can't really blame the sender.

But acknowledging the lack of comms from Coventry City, what do they say to us if they're also being fobbed off ?

rob9872

Love the bags in the front of the photo.

Hobo

Fuck your shirts - the new signings are on that lorry

letsallsingtogether

I was a nightshift production manager at an engineering Co on Bayton road.
I was told that we had a new supplier delivering some castings from Poland that night this job ran 24/7 and we had run out.

Cut a long story short 3 nights later after the ferry and then the lorry broke down, trouble at customs, they had to admit they had quality problems and hadn't actually sent any.
Moved on not long after and always wondered if they ever caught up.

Last edited:

MalcSB

I was a nightshift prouction manager at an engineering Co on Bayton road.
I was told that we had a new supplier delivering some castings from Poland that night this job ran 24/7 and we had run out.

Cut a long story short 3 nights later after the ferry and then the lorry broke down, trouble at customs, they had to admit they had quality problems and hadn't actually sent any.
Moved on not long after and always wondered if they ever caught up.
That sounds entirely possible.

Users who are viewing this thread