How are we expected to do well (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Cant see any other way but down im afraid.
Wage bill slashed in half .
massively reduced attendances .
away from the ricoh( very possible )
no income to buy players .

can anybody give me a reason as to why we wont be playing in league 2 for the 2014/15 season:confused:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Cant see any other way but down im afraid.
Wage bill slashed in half .
massively reduced attendances .
away from the ricoh( very possible )
no income to buy players .

can anybody give me a reason as to why we wont be playing in league 2 for the 2014/15 season:confused:

Liquidation?

Danceswithhorses

SISU are praying for on field success this season (13/14), as the following season (14/15), CCFC will be severley screwed by FFP

Last edited:

mrbluesky87

In fairness I cannot see us getting relegated this season as FFP is based on the previous seasons figures and our budget this season is around average, the problem is next season. Regardless of if we are at Walsall or the Ricoh with SISU in control, attendances will reduce dramtically which is basically our only income. CCFC will survive this season but not next year i'm afraid and thats why SISU need to F*** O** now otherwise regardless of what happens over the course of this season i.e. a takeove of some sort, we will still be screwed.

I see comments along the lines of people coming back after a few matches??? Let see shall we. :wave:

The Penguin

We can but hope that we spend our wage bill on good players who will get us out of this league. They do not necessarily have to be ridiculously expensive.

Unfortunately we're still in a transfer embargo so 'good players' will probably be gone by the time we're ready to go bang bang bang :)

Noggin

We can but hope that we spend our wage bill on good players who will get us out of this league. They do not necessarily have to be ridiculously expensive.

Unfortunately we're still in a transfer embargo so 'good players' will probably be gone by the time we're ready to go bang bang bang :)

It certainly would be possible to get promoted with the budget we will likely have as Fisher would say look at yeovil. But realistically there is no chance of it, we are still tied to expensive bad value players, we are in embargo and likely to be for at least 3 or 4 weeks more, our manager has had no success with us and we finished on a seriously low point, player and fan moral is in the toilet, we will have little proper planning time, don't even know where we will be playing, the academy isn't where it's supposed to be and might be downgraded. The club is in disarray and so mid table mediocrity is a good result next year as it stands.

The season after that if we are in walsall its going to be very difficult indeed and anything but relegation would be a massive success.

Danceswithhorses

Exactly. And if by some miracle we were promoted this season we'd go into the Championship with the budget of a Conference side.

Utterly hypothetical....but should we get promoted (don't laugh), championship FFP rules are different...IIRC they are not based on wages as a % of revenue (SCMP), but allow clubs to make losses (as a % of revenue ??)...happy to be corrected on that.

Noggin

Exactly. And if by some miracle we were promoted this season we'd go into the Championship with the budget of a Conference side.

it would still be massively beneficial, even if it almost certainly involved coming straight back down.

If it takes us 3 years to build the stadium and play in walsall

Year 1 - Get promoted to Championship
Year 2 - Get relegated to League 1
Year 3 - Mid Table League 1
Year 4 - New Stadium, avoid relegation by a scrape
Year 5 - back to being competitive in league 1

Of course we aren't going to get promoted and it's going to take 4 or 5 years to build the stadium so instead its

Year 1 - Mid Table
Year 2 - Relegated to League 2
Year 3 - Mid table League 2.
Year 4 - Relegated to conference.
Year 5 - competitive in conference
Year 6 - move into new stadium - competitive in conference
Year 7 promotion back to League 2? with damage done to our support league 2 might be our level for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread