How Big Is The Game On Sunday? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

You could consider it one of our biggest ever? Relegation to League Two, with everything going on off the pitch, could have such substantial effects on this club.

Lets be honest, we aren't going to come back up with SISU in charge.

Samo

Smaller than an earthquake but bigger than SISU or CCC.

Otis

Not so big then.

Yep. I'm sure they will 'look' gutted and have their heads in their hands and then it will be straight to the dressing room, empty their lockers and then straight off to their jet ski holidays in the Bahamas.

I'm sure once there they will be crying daily on the beach.

fellatio_Martinez

Players that don't seem to give a shit and a manager that is free to leave after the game...

It's like watching The Titanic and willing the ship not to sink at the end.

Covstu

This game could be make or break for the club, dropping to L2 could see the beginning of the end for the club. The flipside could mean SISU may want out but i doubt it!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'll get hammered for saying this but this relegation is not as important as the last two. The more we get relegated the more I feel numbed by it all ! Having said that the thought of division 4 is terrible.

Wheelfass

It's unthinkable. We haven't been in (division 4) since the late 50's. The size of the potential support and gates for our club is massive. Why can't the powers that be see that?????????????

Rusty Trombone

I'll get hammered for saying this but this relegation is not as important as the last two. The more we get relegated the more I feel numbed by it all ! Having said that the thought of division 4 is terrible.

I'm with you on this one, can't really get worked up about it at the moment. Clearly I'd rather we win, but I can't see us competing in L1 next season, so the possibility of a few more wins in L2 may be more entertaining, may even have increased attendances for what is currently our final agreed year at the Ricoh. I know each time we've gone down we hoped it would prove a springboard to success, so I'm not pinning any hopes on it.

skybluelee

I'm with you on this one, can't really get worked up about it at the moment. Clearly I'd rather we win, but I can't see us competing in L1 next season, so the possibility of a few more wins in L2 may be more entertaining, may even have increased attendances for what is currently our final agreed year at the Ricoh. I know each time we've gone down we hoped it would prove a springboard to success, so I'm not pinning any hopes on it.

I am numb to it all now. Relegation from the PL felt like the end of the world.

It will feel like nothing close if we go down on Sunday. It already feels like the club is all but dead, drawing at mighty Crawley Town won't change that.

Astute

Insignificant as we already have enough points :D

Gazolba

Without doubt the biggest game in our history. I'm certainly getting anxious, what I'll be like Sunday God only knows

The biggest game in our history was the 1987 FA Cup Final because it resulted in the only major honour we have ever won (or are ever likely to win).

Macca

Doesn't feel that bad to me. 1st relegation was terrible, 2nd was bad. This time all a bit meh. Be different if I thought we would challenge in league 1 next year. I don't think it will happen anyway

Gazolba

If County Don't win ...Crawley V Cov is not a big game at all

Exactly. We can expect the size of the game to change several times during the game. The first 85 minutes could be a tiny game and the last 5 minutes could be massive. Imagine if we were losing 1-0 and Notts Co were drawing 0-0, then Notts Co scored in the 85th minute.

Como

Nothing comparable to many games I can remember in the top flight.

If it meant SISU left not sure I would be bothered about relegation.

Even I can not remember 4th last time.

ollyservetta

To be honest, the only passion I have left is for the badge and my memorys of the club that was .I don't recognise the club as it is ,no home ,shit owners and not one half decent player with any passion for the shirt .I always accepted our struggles in the top flight ,seeing top clubs come to us and respecting us ,seeing great away results and having a say in the title ,and last games of the season like the everton game on that sunday morning ,beating the league champions to stay up .three wins in a row as I remember and a squad of players all fighting for the shirt .the after match celabrations were unforgettable .Cant see this current team get a thing from sunday ,like many ,relying on our away form ,im waiting to see how many ,if any of the gutless dross develop an injury to avoid the game . If we go down, we go down ,I feel only for the fans and the badge ,its no more than the owners ,players and playing staff deserve. We stayed up last season against all odds due to having players with passion and who were committed to their job ,the only players like that we have left are the young lads like burge and a few others ,who get thrown in and then slated by biggots .The demise of ccfc is heartbreaking but not in anyway or form the fans fault ,but ive lost all the sleep im going to ,im finished getting angry ,nothing the fans can do, or could have done would have or can ,change anything .and to finish ,to all those who believe buying season tickets is the way to help the club, you are deluded, I don't blame anyone trying to get a good deal ,but pay on the day ,then if this dross carries on you haven't wasted your money.

Thenose

TM has a mountain to climb. He has a squad, who by and large at best just about turn up for a game. He needs to work with them this week, getting into their emotions and making sure how big this is for the thousands of fans who pay their wages.

Remind them they have a lot less value to other clubs as L2 players/players who got a team relegated...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

To be honest, the only passion I have left is for the badge and my memorys of the club that was .I don't recognise the club as it is ,no home ,shit owners and not one half decent player with any passion for the shirt .I always accepted our struggles in the top flight ,seeing top clubs come to us and respecting us ,seeing great away results and having a say in the title ,and last games of the season like the everton game on that sunday morning ,beating the league champions to stay up .three wins in a row as I remember and a squad of players all fighting for the shirt .the after match celabrations were unforgettable .Cant see this current team get a thing from sunday ,like many ,relying on our away form ,im waiting to see how many ,if any of the gutless dross develop an injury to avoid the game . If we go down, we go down ,I feel only for the fans and the badge ,its no more than the owners ,players and playing staff deserve. We stayed up last season against all odds due to having players with passion and who were committed to their job ,the only players like that we have left are the young lads like burge and a few others ,who get thrown in and then slated by biggots .The demise of ccfc is heartbreaking but not in anyway or form the fans fault ,but ive lost all the sleep im going to ,im finished getting angry ,nothing the fans can do, or could have done would have or can ,change anything .and to finish ,to all those who believe buying season tickets is the way to help the club, you are deluded, I don't blame anyone trying to get a good deal ,but pay on the day ,then if this dross carries on you haven't wasted your money.

Absolutely wholeheartedly agree. One of the best things I've read on this site. I too will never stop supporting the badge but this is no longer the club I remember nor really want to be associated with so long as SISU kill it. I feel for our owners and the individuals running it a degree of dislike I have never held for our rivals Villa , Leicester etc.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep. I'm sure they will 'look' gutted and have their heads in their hands and then it will be straight to the dressing room, empty their lockers and then straight off to their easy jet holidays in Bulgaria.

Amended for you

Otis

I've been noseying around and I see Leyton Orient still seem to think there is some hope for them to avoid the drop.

Their scenario is that they need to beat Swindon away, but then also need Notts County and Crawley and Colchester to all fail to win.

A swing of 4 results in their favour.

Bloody hell, if they can still show a bit of optimism, surely we can can't we?

steveecov

I've been noseying around and I see Leyton Orient still seem to think there is some hope for them to avoid the drop.

Their scenario is that they need to beat Swindon away, but then also need Notts County and Crawley and Colchester to all fail to win.

Difference is they can look forward (even in L2) to having a good season next year; I genuinely fear the worst next year without new money and lots of it coming in.

Astute

Exactly. And I remember us staying up before when the odds were even longer. Was it win our last 3 games and have other results go our way? Can't remember it that well as it goes :D

Otis

Exactly. And I remember us staying up before when the odds were even longer. Was it win our last 3 games and have other results go our way? Can't remember it that well as it goes :D

I think it was just win the last 3 games. Luton, Stoke? And Everton.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I keep thinking about Bournemouth and how they've done so well in the last few seasons. Almost relegated from the Football League as recent as the 2008/09 season. Now in the Premier League. I really think we will go down on Sunday, but gain hope in the thought that Sisu might pull out and we have a similar scenario to the Cherries. Wouldn't that be nice?

Otis

I keep thinking about Bournemouth and how they've done so well in the last few seasons. Almost relegated from the Football League as recent as the 2008/09 season. Now in the Premier League. I really think we will go down on Sunday, but gain hope in the thought that Sisu might pull out and we have a similar scenario to the Cherries. Wouldn't that be nice?

Can't see anyone popping our cherry anytime in the near future, Houch.

Otis

Dean Saunders himself has said that character is the key to Sunday's game.

Do we have enough of that?

Astute

Dean Saunders himself has said that character is the key to Sunday's game.

Do we have enough of that?

That is a bit like a post on here. Ten characters needed :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread